My first thought about Flycatchers is a bit of rolling of the eyes because does everything have to be about the scissortail (why no rose rocks?! lol), but then thinking on it more maybe if everything (ish) is scissortail something maybe that really starts to work for us in some synergistic kind of way.

"Thunder" and "Lightning" is cute, but its not like this team is really on equal terms with an NBA team and I also don't quite like "Lightning" by itself (but what do I know I don't think I originally really liked "Thunder" as a thing either).

'89ers has sentimental value, of course, and I wouldn't be sad if it were chosen. But I don't think its a requirement and part of me thinks it would be better to have something that Looks Ahead. I have mixed feelings about the Land Run in general.

Whatever it ends up being, mainly I hope it sticks around for a long time. From a branding perspective a new name feels like a new team (I think, anyway, I'm sure there have been studies and those may absolutely prove me wrong) so I think its better to finally have something we can really rally around for the long haul. Unless it sucks of course, ha.

And, of course, I should acknowledge I have no ideas of my own and my opinions surely matter less than nothing. I'm just munching popcorn and enjoying the speculation.