Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
It’s in no way a comment on the Adventure District, which continues to gain traction. Look no further than the new development planned on the north edge of the Remington Park property.

This is about the best location for a first-rate aquarium, which is a VERY different type of attraction than a zoo, despite the common thread that animals are in display in both places.

It’s also not about OKANA pulling anything away from Adventure District; the development of an aquarium has been desired by zoo officials years before OKANA was announced, and the desire has always been for it to be downtown.
I get what you are saying, but it doesn't change my opinion. I get that from an economic standpoint this location may make the most amount of sense.

I do not believe the aquarium is a very different attraction. The attractions at both are animals, regardless of how they are presented or maintained.

The way I read the messaging on here is just irritating honestly. Attempting to state opinions as fact is dishonest and it seems like an attempt to invalidate my feelings and opinion as a Zoo patron. Most of what's being said is political talk for "it's just about the money." And you know what, that's fine. I can understand the people involved want the aquarium to be successful, I do too. Clearly in their mind, it makes sense to put it here because it's got great potential for more revenue than being located elsewhere.