Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
i said outcomes and attitudes about education are all pretty much the same.

and i can form my opinions however i choose. NM has extremely high funding per pupil and a far far worse education system than Oklahoma because of their culture towards education. culture matters the most and that starts at home
While you can certainly form your own opinions however you choose. That does not give your opinions any actual weight just because you believe you are correct. When someone brings facts to the table that contradict your opinion, the facts do not magically get invalidated. I believe we can all agree that many variables impact the quality of education in any given area. We can also agree that properly funding education is an important element to a good education system. While you may feel that Oklahoma's culture towards education is the most significant difference in quality of education between Oklahoma and New Mexico, that is not saying much considering how poor both perform nationally. What do states like Massachusetts, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, New Hampshire, Maryland, Delaware, New York, Illinois, and Colorado all have in common that Oklahoma just doesn't have? What elements of their culture towards education are we missing as a state?