Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
None of what exists in the core would exist without the substantial taxpayer investment of the suburban areas. The economic impact of a city is how it functions as a whole - metro. If you think the 20,000 people that live in a few square miles of downtown wholly support all of what is happening in the core, you are deeply mistaken. I say this for any city and someone who strongly supports sustainable urban growth.

I am 28 and live in a suburban area by the way. It’s what most people can afford.
that is not what I said at all. I'm saying the core is the center for culture and stuff to do and there are way way more than 20k people living in the core. I said nothing about the suburbs not having any impact at all obviously they do.

My entire point of OKC and almost all major cities is that the core is were the majority of culture, arts, food, entertainment, live music, festivals, etc are.

Just speaking for myself and the people I'm around. Me and my wife live in the city center and have no kids and we have friends that live in Norman and Yukon that have kids and it is cheaper to live there.

We rarely go to yukon or norman they usually come to OKC especially for concerts and going out to eat or first friday in paseo or second friday in the plaza or festival of the arts downtown, paseo arts festival, etc.

I said I get that not everyone can or wants to live in the urban core and that's fine I get it.

The suburbs exist because of the Urban centers not the other way around and the article and the linked pew research shows that.