Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
I drive thru OKC to get to my job in Del City, as does many people throughout the metro. Lots of local joints reside in the "burbs" and the two largest sports areas are not in OKC, in my opinion. If you look at just the core of OKC, there is not a ton of shopping either, retail goes where the roof tops are.
I knew this would rub some the wrong way haha. I meant local/trendy non local shopping like classen curve, penn square, quail springs, 50 penn place, midtown, chisholm, plaza, paseo, automobile alley, uptown, western ave, downtown, bricktown, really all over the core for shopping, food, art, live music, entertainment and for sports the Thunder is far bigger than dare I say Sooner/Cowboy football, sooners are huge in OK but the Thunder has a global audience

Belle Isle has big box stores just like the north side which I consider the core.

Usually the suburbs have one main road with all the stores with a few side roads.

I grew up in San Antonio and 1604 is the outer loop like the turnpike kind of is in OKC along with I-240 to 35 and SA has the inner loop 410 which the LHP/44 across to 235 and down to 40 is like the inner loop for OKC if that makes sense. It's actually weird that a city the size of OKC doesn't have a loop

sure, people probably drive from norman to edmond and vice versa but most of the jobs are in OKC