The owners of The Heritage (formerly the Journal Record Building) and the newish parking garage to the east have announced plans for a new 12-story building on the surface lot between the two structures, on the NE corner of NW 5th and Robinson.

The ground floor will have retail/restaurant space and I was told the majority of the rest of the building is already pre-leased, but I don't know the tenant. I also believe there will be a small amount of construction on the parking structure; maybe to connect it directly.

The investment group is led by Bond Payne, the founder and chairman of Heritage Trust (located in The Heritage) who is now serving as the Chief of Staff for Governor Stitt.

The land is actually owned by the OKC Industrial and Cultural Facilities Trust and the purchase and development were on the meeting agenda for that group today. I went downtown to attend and then was told the plane of Larry Nichols had been delayed and therefore a quorum could not be achieved and no official action could be taken. That still has to happen but seems to be a formality.

The project will also require approval of the Downtown Design Review Committee and then City Council. AHMM is the architect.

I should have more detailed plans and renderings soon.

The last two images were the original renderings from when the parking garage was proposed. As you can see, what is actually going to be built is much larger.