Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
That generation just doesn't hang out in the Nichols Hills area, of today. Anecdotally, the only time I see 25-year-olds out that way is shopping at LuluLemon. Even then, they're probably only there to return an item that didn't fit - as they order everything online.

Personally, I love getting dinner at Hutch or cocktails at The Ellison. I'm not suggesting there aren't plenty of options. Just that the options that are there are too pricey for young people and so young people didn't want to live a the Canton.

I don't think it would be considered part of Nichols Hills? My partner and I shop that area frequently and I don't think we have thought about it as Nichols Hills - idk though. I have only lived here like 3years now and am still learning what's around.

Also, that area is not too pricey for young professionals ... I would have considered that an ideal location when I was younger. It is one of the main areas I go to shop - I wish I lived closer to Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Then again, when I lived in Kansas City, I would go shopping at least once a week at the Plaza while living in Westport (where my rent was only like $150/mo cheaper than the Canton). Most of my peers lived either by the Plaza or in Power&Light - both of which have apartments in the same range as the Canton.

And the main reason we bought a house here is because most apartments are a pain when it comes to pets - with additional hundreds of dollars for a pet deposit and hundreds more for pet rent. One apartment that we looked at had a $1,000 pet deposit per pet. By the time it's done, I may as well buy a $350k house and pay my own utilities for the same monthly rate.