Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
Years ago I lived downtown in the area today called uptown a few blocks from Tulsa's previous downtown grocery store, the 11th and Denver Homeland. We called it, correctly so, Homelessland and tried to never shop in that very nasty store if we didn't have to. Homeland has a very negative reputation in Tulsa. Deservedly so and not just from the downtown location.

I get why Reasor's dropped out of this project, the Cherry St location is very nice and just a mile and half from downtown. They would have competed with themselves in a downtown location. Homeland would do well to choose a new brand.
A rebrand isn't a terrible idea for them in general though I doubt anyone downtown will care or avoid it because any negative reputation here. There's nothing else outside of DGX down here and I'd venture to guess the majority of the downtown population wasn't here or were living somewhere other than downtown when that one was still open. I'd guess most of the population down here is between 18 and 35.