Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
Gotta challenge you on this one PluPan. The only part of the IDL anywhere near the river is the SW interchange. If you tried to bury it, you wouldn't be able to get high enough to bridge the river or the railroad. EB 64 (hidden I-444) from there drops down to below grade immediately after crossing Houston St. There are few to no barriers to reaching River Parks from downtown.
I see what you mean there. Yeah that would require a long and massive tunnel. Coincidentally enough I did my monthly browse on Tulsa now and found a proposal(not serious) to remove 244 by downtown and though I’d love to see a leg tunneled for better connectivity removing it completely and turning it into a boulevard is an absolutely stupid ass idea. These nut job urbanists just want every freeway to be turned to a boulevard slowly. It’s infuriating but thankfully I’d imagine in Oklahoma it has little chance of happened.

The slim chance of 345 in Dallas being removed has me slightly wondering but I bet TxDOT doesn’t let it happen.