Quote Originally Posted by riflesforwatie View Post
I have a general question for the mountain bikers here about the OEF Draper trails. I used to use them quite frequently as a runner but I got the impression that the bikers weren't too happy about any "non-bikers" being there, so when the City opened the regular Draper trails I switched to those instead. Am I off-base or is it best for non-bikers to avoid the OEF trails?
My understanding with some of the OEF trails, is that one of the requirements for them to have permission to build a trail is that the trail be open for pedestrian use. OEF spends a lot of time and money and then more time, building and maintaining mountain bike trails where they can engage in the sport they love. Having to share the trails with pedestrians is a necessary evil and I'm sure many are not too happy about it. If I were an mtb'er, I wouldn't be happy about pedestrians on trails, either.

As a pedestrian, I would leave the MTB trails to the mountain bikers. They did all of the paperwork and permits and physical labor to build it and then maintain it, so they deserve to be able to use it without having to slow down or even stop for pedestrians.

I don't know if this applies to Draper but it's something I read a few years ago on the OEF forum.