Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
No, he doesn't. The Thunder might listen to his input, but the Suns—who are not contenders—are rumored now. Presti will do what's best for the Thunder.

I'd guess we hear about a CP3 trade this week. Possibly a Gallo sign and trade. Outside chance Adams is dealt, but probably not. There's going to be a lot of action this week.

And, don't forget the 2021 draft is supposed to be loaded. It's almost suspiciously perfect timing.
Okay, so how much is the salary floor this year? I mean as a percentage. 80-85%? The Thunder still gotta spend a lot of money every year, and they aren’t going to take back any contract that runs longer than this year in a trade IMO.

I think “The Process” ultimately showed that in today’s NBA tanking has become much more short term and risky. The Sixers spent 3 of the years harming road attendance, food & beverage, and national TV ratings on an effort that didn’t get them closer than the second round? I think the days of the 25% wining percentage as part of a tank job are gone. At least with competent management, and I think Sam Presti is the best in the NBA. I don’t think our winning percentage is gonna get below 40-45 this, or any other year.

As far as Chris Paul having control of where he goes, I am totally convinced he does. He is the president of the player’s union, a man who can call Adam Silver, Michelle Roberts, or Barack Obama and they will take the call live. There is no gain the the Thunder from antagonizing him.