My age old complaint about OKC, and it's not unique to OKC but does seem really prevalent there, is the fact that the developers will throw the tight, small, low quality starter home neighborhoods everywhere without a sense of what may be surrounding it, which makes it impossible for the area to start to string together the more higher-end areas that will help OKC attract better retail etc.

My favorite example of this is 150th street between Penn and Santa Fe. When I was growing up there was the very nice Northwestern Estates there, followed by Glen Eagles and then the area on the NW corner of the Western intersection developed (forget the name). I thought that was starting to develop into a nice, higher end stretch. But the last time I was home, I saw these ugly tiny places filling in all the gaps along that road.

Some would argue, by the way, that that's a strength of OKC, in that the lower and higher end places aren't separated out, it makes the city more equitable and less segregated. I get that point. But it does lend to a sense of schizophrenia.