Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
Christian currently is on the roster as are the 16 other guys
He has a non guaranteed deal so they have until sometime in training camp to waive him before his deal becomes guaranteed for the year. It is quite possible they make another trade or waive and stretch singler to clear a roster spot/save money on tax payments.

Actually the team can sign the player any where in the range of 80% to 120% Of the draft slot so there is something to negotiate
The only times I've ever seen a rookie sign below the top end of the rookie scale, it was clearly pre-arranged before the player was drafted (even if those discussions are hush hush). I've never heard of a team and agents haggling over this after the draft. It would make OKC look awful if this were the case and they'd quickly develop a terrible reputation in the league. So, yes, while it is possible OKC and Rich Paul were haggling over a few thousand dollars, it would be pretty unprecedented unless there's a case I don't know of. Roberson signed below the top level, but that seemed to clearly have been agreed to already.

Yes, I guess stretching Singler to keep Christon could happen. I just don't think Christon is an NBA-level player. Doesn't seem worth it, but clearly the organization values him more than I do. They've already made inexplicable move in Christon's name (paying Ronnie Price, probably a better player, $5 million to NOT play)... not that stretching Singler is inexplicable, just doing it for Christon is...