Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Sushi Bar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question The Sushi Bar

In the same strip center as the new Louie's. Do we know ANYTHING about this place? I love sushi, and I'm curious, but I'm cautious. Your thoughts??

Default Re: The Sushi Bar

It's not even open yet.

I know one of the owners. She is friends with the folks at Signature Grill in Kickingbird Square, at Danforth and Bryant. The place is going to be great, one of a kind.

Yeah redrunner, I know its not open yet. jbkrems - can you tell me why it will be one of a kind? Will it have the conveyor belt??? I have been waiting for Oklahoma to have one of those. Can't wait, its just down the street from my house. Thanks!!

It will be unique because it will not be exclusively sushi... there will be appetizers and entrees and stuff, too, but affordable.

Same owners that own Mr. Sushi in Edmond. Great quality sushi for the price. The Sushi Bar will have a nicer atmosphere and will have a liquor license.

Naudia,

How do you know its connected to Mr. Sushi - ? I don't think that's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Naudia,

How do you know its connected to Mr. Sushi - ? I don't think that's accurate.
    I was in Mr. Sushi twice this past week and I was told that they are opening a bigger restaurant at the Western location. I'm not sure if it's the same sushi place mentioned, but the main guy there was the one who was talking about it and he specifically mentioned that it will be in the Louie's shopping center. Oh, and it will have a kid friendly menu.

When is it supposed to open?

Why don't they keep their original name? Isn't Mr. Sushi's reputation pretty favorable these days?

Yes, this is going to be a nicer restaurant, too. I've met the owners through mutual friends. It is going to be a full service restaurant instead of just sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Yes, this is going to be a nicer restaurant, too. I've met the owners through mutual friends. It is going to be a full service restaurant instead of just sushi.
    What does it mean to be a full service restaurant instead of just sushi.

Edmond Earl, its not a take out place. And they will offer entrees and bento boxes, and other stuff not offered at Mr. Sushi. They will also have a full bar.

They open tomorrow, Mother's Day. At least that's what I was told today when I went into Mr. Sushi.

That's what I have heard as well. I look fwd to trying out this new place!

16. Default Re: The Sushi Bar

it's open

so where is it exactly

NW corner of Edmond Rd/178th/2nd and Western Ave.

Sushi is really good...good prices! Love that its owned by Mr. Sushi!

Here are some tips for the place...

-Get Liquor and even better would be a bar. The place is huge, a bar area would help a lot.

-Get normal Ice Tea

-Your TV's can only be seen by people facing west. Position TV's so everyone can see them.

I've spoken to them about getting iced tea. THey may be doing something similar to what Lemongrass Thai does as a compromise. They are waiting on their liquor license right now, and will have an extensive wine list, etc., plus beer probably, too. But their sushi is really good.

22. Default Re: The Sushi Bar

went and ate thier for first time tonight. very good and fast and was surprised by the large menu. still didn't have liquor license yet but our server said they would have it this coming weekend. will def go back

Thread Information