Widgets Magazine

Thread: What would you like to see in Bricktown?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default What would you like to see in Bricktown?

Please posts thoughts and ideas about businesses, restraunts and other things that you would like to see happen in Bricktown. Heck, fill free to post any thoughts about all of the different districts on downton OKC.

Patrick Guest

Personally, I think a small mall would really help, like the Rivercenter mall in San Antonio. The Harkins Theater and Bass Pro help, but we need more retail.
    I'm glad to hear about Toby Keith building a restauant/entertainment complex in Bricktown next to the theater. That will be sweet. Also, glad to see the buiolding that will house Marble Slab and Sonic restaurant is going up.

3. Default Bricktown needs...

a Land Run museum to educate visitors compelled by the drama of the monument

games and diversions, like a Dave and Busters

true fans of music, to patronize the growing number of live music venues; we're developing a club product, but not the devoted patronage that makes Austin's Sixth Street what it is

housing, housing, housing

lighter registration fees for musicians and vendors

specialty retailers

more redbrick and glass buildings -- what Bricktown combo!

vinecovered-alleys with lattice-enclosed alfreso dining underneath automatic mists (for the summer) and heating posts (for the winter)

just to start off with a few ....

4. Default

I would really like to see more and better music venues. That would be great!

Patrick Guest

I agree with the music venues. I was really happy to hear that Toby Keith would be building a venue next to the theater. Now we just need to get Reba, Garth Brooks, and other Oklahoma singers to do the same thing. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to the Oklahoma Opry moving to the canal. Maybe we could make the canal south of I-40 a country and western theater area. Afterall, the landrun monument is there.

I like Floater's idea of a land run museum next to the monument. That would sure add to the monument. The city could fund that with MAPS III.

Personally, I still think we need some sort of Oklahoma store in Bricktown, that just sells items relating to our state.

I always thought Sega Gameworks was a good idea, although they're not doing well financially right now. The bowling alley was a cool idea as well. Maybe not on the canal though. Turn the largest of the old Stewart buildings into Bricktown Lanes.

A miniature golf course somewhere down there would fit in well. Maybe on the park portion of the south canal.

6. Default

I think the State of Oklahoma markets some Oklahoma goods. Maybe an entrepreneur like TS could contract with the state to market those items and others. Such a store would do well to also provide a ticket counter (half or full price) for different museums and events throughout the city.

Thread Information