Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

I keep wondering when we're going to get a map of a precinct breakdown of the MAPS 3 vote.. if I can find out where there's information on the vote in each precinct I'll do it myself if I have to.

Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I keep wondering when we're going to get a map of a precinct breakdown of the MAPS 3 vote.. if I can find out where there's information on the vote in each precinct I'll do it myself if I have to.
    Election board likely has a spreadsheet they can kick out to you.
    I would guesstimate that outer fringe areas of OKC - W, SW, S, SE, E, NE were the bulk of the no votes, but that's just a guess.

I visited briefly with a couple from far eastern OKC. They voted no early yesterday on their way out of town. Nada to do with fire or da policia.
    They simply felt the temp tax needed to go away for another spell, if only to
    prove to them it was actually a temporary tax and not a permanent tax with a shifting focus. Can understand that, but I remain glad that wasn't the prevailing sentiment.

3. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Well I'm really just trying to figure out how ugly it was on the south side. And I'm trying to determine if it's just a socioeconomic thing, or if it's just a south v. north OKC kind of thing. I would bet it's a north v. south thing, which would be proven if the area south of I-240 and into Cleveland County is also a lot of no votes, more so than say.. areas around Deer Creek, Lake Hefner, Bethany, etc..

Channel 9 had a generalized breakdown on it during the evening news. It's kinda funny when you looked at all the red being the "no" zones yet it passed. It didn't take into account the #'s of each precinct that voted but that should be available soon at the election board.

5. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Quote Originally Posted by barnold View Post
    Channel 9 had a generalized breakdown on it during the evening news. It's kinda funny when you looked at all the red being the "no" zones yet it passed. It didn't take into account the #'s of each precinct that voted but that should be available soon at the election board.
    Was it just each precinct coded by the side that won that precinct?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

6. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Not a precinct breakdown, I'm waiting to see that too, but here's a channel 9 analysis based on exit polls as to what was popular, what wasn't, etc.
    Video Page 2009 - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

7. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Yeah, we already knew that heading into the election.. surprisingly the downtown park must have grown in popularity though. The best piece of polling prior to the vote that was available to the general public was the Gazette/News 9 poll that was released probably a month ago.

An interesting read:
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griff...ollResults.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yeah, we already knew that heading into the election.. surprisingly the downtown park must have grown in popularity though. The best piece of polling prior to the vote that was available to the general public was the Gazette/News 9 poll that was released probably a month ago.

An interesting read:
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griff...ollResults.pdf
    What's interesting is how prescient that initial poll was of the end result. The top two items were, even then, the trails, sidewalks and street car, with the convention center circling the drain. Little changed, except the popularity of the street car and park went up a lot.

What else is interesting is how genuinely enthusiastic OKC voters are about transit. As we all know, the initial citizen input survey indicated this support, but that was anything but scientific. If the street car is done right, the future for transit in OKC is very promising.

FWIW, I got my local polling places numbers off of the door that night. Crown Heights Baptist Church (NW 48th and Western) was:
    Yes: 427
    No: 197

10. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    FWIW, I got my local polling places numbers off of the door that night. Crown Heights Baptist Church (NW 48th and Western) was:
    Yes: 427
    No: 197
    That would be a typical inner north side vote I would think.

I think the others pretty much answered your question but the number crunchers should have the final breakdown and pretty color coded charts suitable for framing in the next couple of weeks. News 9 was just the first thing I've seen in the media.

12. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

The links you guys posted, above, are all stale ... the News9/Gazette poll was done a day or two before the MAPS 3 project was announced in September and the more recent link at News9 doesn't really contain any later information, unless I missed something. If there was a News9 breakdown, I've not seen it and can't find it at their website.

I, too, am interested in seeing how the vote broke down. I've looked but couldn't find anything at the county election board or state election boards' websites. Hopefully, that data will be available tomorrow. If there is nothing in tomorrow morning's paper, I may just trot out to the county election board and pick up a printout, and then report on what it shows.

Things I'm interested in seeing/knowing:

(1) Generally, how the vote broke down, ward by ward;

(2) More particularly, how Ward 5, Brian Walters' ward, voted

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    The links you guys posted, above, are all stale ... the News9/Gazette poll was done a day or two before the MAPS 3 project was announced in September and the more recent link at News9 doesn't really contain any later information, unless I missed something. If there was a News9 breakdown, I've not seen it and can't find it at their website.

I, too, am interested in seeing how the vote broke down. I've looked but couldn't find anything at the county election board or state election boards' websites. Hopefully, that data will be available tomorrow. If there is nothing in tomorrow morning's paper, I may just trot out to the county election board and pick up a printout, and then report on what it shows.

Don't be surprised if the numbers are not pretty close out here in ward 5. I say that based solely on the results of where I vote(pct 10) S.W. 104 and Santa Fe NO (171) YES (141). That may, or may not mean a thing. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post

Me too. I would think that the vote in Ward 5 might be indicative of whether Mr. Walters is retained in the next election. I find myself hoping not, but it's not my ward.

andy,
    I'm really interested to know how Pete White and Gary Marrs districts voted. As one of the union goons I can't wait to start the campaigning against both of them. But then again we're just all bullies. pause......then laugh.......

andy,
    I'm really interested to know how Pete White and Gary Marrs districts voted. As one of the union goons I can't wait to start the campaigning against both of them. But then again we're just all bullies. pause......then laugh.......
    I don't.

Well I hate to disagree with my two brothers, however, I don't see Marrs or White having any trouble being re-elected if they should seek another term. I believe Cornett's decision to run again may have put a damper on one of the two's plans. Care to guess which one? Although that is purely speculation. Pete has made some pretty harsh statements as of late, but before MAPS, hence he is not all that popular with the Rank and File Firefighters.

18. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

andy,
    I'm really interested to know how Pete White and Gary Marrs districts voted. As one of the union goons I can't wait to start the campaigning against both of them.
    Why these two in particular?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

19. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Well I don't think MAPS 3 is going to be a horrible political mistake for White and Marrs. In fact public opinion is probably going to start going up on MAPS 3 quite a bit. I think considering very few people realized it would have a citizen oversight committee, and that the citizen committee is the main thing you hear in the news about it now that it passed, that's going to bump it up a few percentage points as far as approval goes.

You're probably right on Marrs, but my money is on Pete White being toast. Barnold it's good to see you intend to stay around.

Funny,
    I seem to remember seeing tonight where the Mayor's approval rating took a pretty big hit after all his face time on tv. I've been wrong before (once in 1976) but I don't think recent events have really favored Gary's political career and Mr. White is yesterday's bad news. I do think the citizen oversight committee is a good thing as long as it's not loaded with hand picked yes men/women of the mayor and council. After all, they only get to recommend and hold no real authority.

22. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

Keep in mind that the mayor was recently reelected by over 85% of the vote. I think he can afford his approval rating to take a hit.

23. Default Re: When can we get a precinct breakdown of MAPS 3 vote?

And also, I hate to double post, but don't forget that we won. You all lost. And there's a lot of political bad will against you guys in the aftermath of the calculated mistake you all made in pinning all of your political hopes on defeating MAPS3.

The best thing for public safety right now is to stay quiet and talk their unions into just shutting up for a change. I think you all are done politically, for a while at least.

True, but what kind of hit can he afford to take with Aubrey and Clay? I'm personally tickled with all the promises that he publicly made during his Q & A sessions and TV commercials. If he doesn't come through he's dead meat politically, but if he can pull it off he'll look like a genius (which IMHO he's anything but). That is what they were noting about the approval numbers on channel 9 tonight was the disparity between his numbers from when was elected to post maps election.

Spartan,
    Not even close to done. You've just awoken a sleeping giant.

Thread Information