Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 105 Degrees (closed)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Western Ave. 105 Degrees (closed)

The raw food craze is coming to OKC's Classen Curve... led by the best... chef, restauranteur and author, known for his unique brand of organic and vegetarian cuisine... Matthew Kenney! (I have all his books!)

I have good information that the the head chef will be Geoff VanGlabbeek, previously of Soleil.

Real Food Tulsa: Matthew Kenney in Oklahoma

Exclusive Interview with Celebrity GreenChef Matthew Kenney G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green

"105degrees is a very special project – without question, the most advanced that I have ever been involved in. There are three components, each of which we hope will bring new and fresh ideas to their market segment. It will house an upscale raw and living foods restaurant, with an incredible, fully open modern kitchen, wine bar and outdoor café."
    -Matthew Kenney

http://105degrees.com/
    Last edited by Platemaker; 06-09-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: coming to Classen Curve

Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

Thanks for the update from original info back in February:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...n-curve-5.html

It also appears they are having their academy based out of this space. Should bring chefs in from all over the globe:

http://105degreesacademy.com

Has anyone heard word about any other definite tenants to Classen Curve, all I've heard is speculation after 105 degrees.

I haven't.... should we post it here... or back with the "original info" from February?

4. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

he he. Metro is this forum's self-appointed hall monitor, love him like I do. But he is not a moderator (nor am I) so post where you think best and a moderator will take care of any adjustments, if any, as may be needed.

I am looking forward to this concept; a great addition to Classen Curve and Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    he he. Metro is this forum's self-appointed hall monitor, love him like I do. But he is not a moderator (nor am I) so post where you think best and a moderator will take care of any adjustments, if any, as may be needed.
    In all fairness, I've been flagging posts for mods lately instead of "policing" as well as I didn't tell this poster to post this thread elsewhere, I just added to the conversation as well as provided a link to the old thread, in case a new reader wanted to read the old info. You know I love ya though Doug. Long time no see by the way.

Doug - oh I know... just poking fun.

metro - you're 7% of the reason I read OKCTalk! Keep it up!

This is way cool. Can't believe I missed the earlier post about it. My wife and I recently enjoyed a vegan restaurant in San Fran. Can't wait to eat at 105 Degrees.

As a vegetarian I am very surprised and delighted. We are not exactly the vegetarian capital of the world.

I think it's great that there will be a place specifically for the "I don't do meat" contingent to dine as they choose. I don't see myself being a guest of the establishment, but even a carnivoire like me knows there is a market in our area waiting to be served quality rabbit food in a nice setting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I think it's great that there will be a place specifically for the "I don't do meat" contingent to dine as they choose. I don't see myself being a guest of the establishment, but even a carnivoire like me knows there is a market in our area waiting to be served quality rabbit food in a nice setting.
    Why not branch out and give the food a try? Eating it once in a while doesn't mean you have to commit yourself to being a vegan.

I love meat, but my wife and I truly enjoyed eating well-prepared vegan as a unique dining option.

12. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

Exactly. If a place like this can survive, it will open the door for all sorts of restaurants that will interest me.

Default 105 Degrees at Classen Curve Website

Heres their website. This place looks pretty impressive and definitely something that we do not have around here: The 105degrees Academy

Default Re: 105 Degrees at Classen Curve Website

Try it and then go a second time. You will find yourself wanting to go back more often. There is something so DELICIOUS about fresh, raw foods. We love the place!

There is also another thread on the restaurant where you can read reviews:

http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaura...5-degrees.html

17. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

I've seen the menu. Impressive.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Oh, I've lost an occasional bet or three over the years.
    8^)

And it's not that spinach ravioli or meatless spaghetti or even a fresh salad tastes horrid when there is no meat involved. However, for my preference, pretty much everything except ice cream and cheesecake taste better when these are complementing a nicely prepared meat selection, and sweets are all the more enjoyable after a hearty meat centered meal.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Oh, I've lost an occasional bet or three over the years.
    8^)

And it's not that spinach ravioli or meatless spaghetti or even a fresh salad tastes horrid when there is no meat involved. However, for my preference, pretty much everything except ice cream and cheesecake taste better when these are complementing a nicely prepared meat selection, and sweets are all the more enjoyable after a hearty meat centered meal.
    Come on. You can try anything once, right?

I sure hope they are open by September 28th. That is my birthday and I get to choose the restaurant. It will be so refreshing to be able to go into a restaurant and have a choice of everything on the menu.

Word is soft opening is tonight or tomorrow night and the "public" opening is on Monday.

22. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Word is soft opening is tonight or tomorrow night and the "public" opening is on Monday.
    Report says 105 is opening for dinner tonight and Sunday night and begin full service on Monday.

Raw Foods Flagship opens Saturday | Food Dude

I wish them great success.

I do too. I hope it is really good and people forget that it is veggie so veggies like me will have a great place to go.

Thread Information