Widgets Magazine

Thread: Interesting reason to move to OKC?

Default Interesting reason to move to OKC?

What is the most interesting reason you have heard from someone that decided to move to OKC? I feel like the most common ones are family or for a job.

The reason I bring this up is I met a CPA that is from California. He moved here in 2021. He found OKC because during Covid he had a golf tournament planned in NC. The tournament was cancelled, but he needed to get out of the house so he drove two days to get to NC, stopping in Albuquerque, OKC and Nashville on the way. He knew of Nashville, but the other two he spent little to no time on. When he drove through, he noticed OKC was still a little active. stayed at the Skirvin, walked around downtown and really liked the people he engaged with. He stopped again on his way back and spent two days here. Then when he got back to California (Anaheim area) everything was still shut down and wasn't easing up any time soon. So, he sold his house at the height of the market and bought a house in Arcadia that was three times as big and the same cost. His parents came to visit and loved it as well and moved down the street from him.

Again, it was more interesting that the normal for a job or to be closer to family. Thought I would throw it out there.

Default Re: Interesting reason to move to OKC?

Met a guy at a Thunder game whose mother was from New Jersey. I asked how he got here. Turns out his dads family was in California so they picked OKC to split the difference between the two.

Default Re: Interesting reason to move to OKC?

I had a co-worker whose husband worked at Mission Control in Houston, and he ended up here for a couple of years, probably at OU or the FAA center.

Not really a unique situation, but the specifics are interesting.

Thread Information