Widgets Magazine

Thread: NE Grand Circle Apartments

Default NE Grand Circle Apartments

Does anyone have any info or back story on this abandoned apartment complex that's visible from I-35 just south of NE 23rd Street ? I don't pay much attention to it unless we're riding the train from The Oklahoma Railway Museum and you can see how deteriorated this complex is from the backside. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edwards community okc NE Grand Circle.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	19079

Default Re: NE Grand Circle Apartments

Funny you mention this because they just started construction of 4 3-story apartment buildings to the south. It's called Crossroads at NE Grand.

The derelit complex was bought a couple of years ago, so hopefully there is a renovation in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Funny you mention this because they just started construction of 4 3-story apartment buildings to the south. It's called Crossroads at NE Grand.
    Thanks for the response. I noticed that construction last week and from a distance I thought that they were tearing down this derelict complex.

Blog Entries

Looks like a developer of affordable housing out of Texas. Here are a bunch of specs and plans: https://www.hamilton-builders.com/?page_id=5079

Quote Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
    Does anyone have any info or back story on this abandoned apartment complex that's visible from I-35 just south of NE 23rd Street ? I don't pay much attention to it unless we're riding the train from The Oklahoma Railway Museum and you can see how deteriorated this complex is from the backside. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edwards community okc NE Grand Circle.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	19079
    Looks like they are redoing the units. The property was purchased back in early 2022 by a company out of Jersey. My nephews birthday last year was at the Oklahoma Railway museum and we took a ride and got to see the back side as well. I know they have come a long way since then. I looked on Zillow and there was a link for The Pearl Luxury Townhomes, but nothing comes up when I google that.

In some of the buildings there are newer vinyl windows installed, some buildings are just open to the elements. I've seen it slowly have some work done when riding bicycles on the KATY trail path to the west of it.

Thread Information