Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 262728293031

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Yeah, I don't count 2021. That was a covid year. 2019 was the last 'normal' year.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yeah, I don't count 2021. That was a covid year. 2019 was the last 'normal' year.
    The average attendance for the Oklahoma City Energy FC in 2019 was 4,442

I am glad that Funk Jr. sold the majority of the rights to the franchise. The fact they made no effort to play at any other local facility is not a great look. I only went to a couple games a year, so I guess I am part of the problem. It felt like the team was reasonably well supported for a minor league.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    21st out of 30

I was a huge Energy fan while I lived in OKC. Always had fun, and went to a bunch of games. That being said, attendance was never very good.

It's really hard to create a new team and build true fandom in a city. Especially a sport that isn't deeply popular in the city/state.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC

It's obvious that the new ownership will need to roll out a name change and build their own brand.

Waiting on a new stadium may have its advantages.

I wonder what impact a potential rebrand would have on OEFC (Oklahoma Energy Football Club)? It is far and away the largest youth soccer club in the state. And has piggybacked on the Energy branding and color scheme. I suppose they could change with the times too. But the existing club has ingrained recognition around the state. Seems it would be weird to continue on with the Energy theme if the team were no more. Maybe not though, certainly hasn't had any negative effect the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Curious View Post
    I wonder what impact a potential rebrand would have on OEFC (Oklahoma Energy Football Club)? It is far and away the largest youth soccer club in the state. And has piggybacked on the Energy branding and color scheme. I suppose they could change with the times too. But the existing club has ingrained recognition around the state. Seems it would be weird to continue on with the Energy theme if the team were no more. Maybe not though, certainly hasn't had any negative effect the last three years.
    they didn't just piggy back ... they are and always have been fully connected ..

Thread Information