Widgets Magazine
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20656667686970
Results 1,726 to 1,747 of 1747

Thread: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

Default Re: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

i wish them luck on the railroad easements... railroads usually never give up the land unless they just are given a deal they can't refuse

keep in mind that this project is going to get MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars in TIF

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    keep in mind that this project is going to get MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars in TIF
    Hundreds of millions will no doubt be the ask.

Plus the canal extension, streetcar, stadium, utilities, ingress/egress...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i wish them luck on the railroad easements... railroads usually never give up the land unless they just are given a deal they can't refuse
    Is Eminent Domain not a viable method?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    not for rail road property ..

but i don't the railroads give them much trouble with the middle of this property

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    States are very limited in what they are able to use Eminent domain for when taking land from a railroad, unless the railroad freely chooses to give up the land. It's entirely possible, and has been the case in the past, where you actually have to make it a federal case in order to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    States are very limited in what they are able to use Eminent domain for when taking land from a railroad, unless the railroad freely chooses to give up the land. It's entirely possible, and has been the case in the past, where you actually have to make it a federal case in order to do so.
    Inhofe had to threaten the railroad ( BNSF) that had the yard behind the gm plant to get them to hurry up and sell for the tinker expansion .. because they kept dragging their feet ..

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I do hope the developers have considered the cost of remediation in their figures. I would hope they already have done soil sampling, as well. It would suck if this development gets paused or canceled because of lack of forethought, with regards to how bad the soil is (or could be).

I am assuming that the parties involved are aware of all the contamination issues, but you never know. Some people see the whole forest, then the trees come up and bite them.

Edit to add that I do believe they have. Just know that things can sometimes not be taken into account. Trees within the forest have taken down large developments before (not just OKC).

I look forward to seeing how this plays out!
    There has been soil testing at least by the city. I believe it was talked about here several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Also, I am sure there will be a public assistance ask (TIF) for the project and whatever that is will help offset the costs.
    Which should be considered the cost of lax or no regulation of businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Which should be considered the cost of lax or no regulation of businesses.
    Agree. That was just the way it was done back then. I know we are all brilliant, visionary geniuses today. But, I kinda wonder what they are going to say "In the year 2121"?

11. Default Re: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but I thought it would have been here.....
    https://www.news9.com/story/66c60d00...am-and-stadium

There's a new group that is pushing for soccer in OKC. The name sucks hard.....like real hard. And the stadium design is less than i would have hoped for. It looks like they downscaled the original design but are pushing this as the "best world class" stadium.......i dont think they got there. They even tossed the shade on the home side except right over the press box....booooo. I would much rather have them go vertical on the sides than to create a bowl with terrible corner seats and an "endzone" area with bad low angle sight lines. There's really no reason to do that and to NOT go vertical. You really should only bowl in when going vertical won't fit. For something no higher than this would be, the cost of going higher isn't high. Frankly, most of our 6A football stadiums are higher than this......Maybe i'm just thinking too football-esque, but the higher seating is an important thing for other groups that they say they want to have also play there. And I will always be thinking about how band will fit in. If you can host football, you can host band....and should.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post

There's a new group that is pushing for soccer in OKC. The name sucks hard.....like real hard. And the stadium design is less than i would have hoped for. It looks like they downscaled the original design but are pushing this as the "best world class" stadium.......i dont think they got there. They even tossed the shade on the home side except right over the press box....booooo. I would much rather have them go vertical on the sides than to create a bowl with terrible corner seats and an "endzone" area with bad low angle sight lines. There's really no reason to do that and to NOT go vertical. You really should only bowl in when going vertical won't fit. For something no higher than this would be, the cost of going higher isn't high. Frankly, most of our 6A football stadiums are higher than this......Maybe i'm just thinking too football-esque, but the higher seating is an important thing for other groups that they say they want to have also play there. And I will always be thinking about how band will fit in. If you can host football, you can host band....and should.
    I don't think there have been any formal designs released for the stadium, let alone approved by City Council and the Planning Commission. So I think you might hold off on the stadium bashing a bit.

Unless I, and everyone else on here, missed it, most renderings I have seen have been theoretical in nature.

there is no design yet ..

and this is not a new group it is the new ownership of the USL okc team ..

Those are conceptual designs from 5 years ago

The sale of the team was posted about a month ago on the OKC Energy thread under Sports.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=36829&page=26

Then a few weeks later, it was announced that Kanady and Beffort are going to be redeveloping the old CO-OP area. That's where this thread went.

The team also doesn't have a name yet. That's why they are going with OKC for Soccer as a URL that redirects to the former Energy FC website.

17. Default Re: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

I think some of you missed some of the details. Echo ran the Energy, but this group is really not exactly the same. There are changes in who is leading this new organization. It is building on the Energy, but it is not the exact same group. If you watch the interview, he's very clear about that. And the rendering seems to be what he's going with. Maybe he's just saying something to get it out there again, but this isn't out of left field here either.

I think some of you missed some of the details. Echo ran the Energy, but this group is really not exactly the same. There are changes in who is leading this new organization. It is building on the Energy, but it is not the exact same group. If you watch the interview, he's very clear about that. And the rendering seems to be what he's going with. Maybe he's just saying something to get it out there again, but this isn't out of left field here either.
    No, that is just what everyone has been using as a placeholder. It is in no way even close to final.

And this group is totally separate from the Funks, who ran the Energy before. Kanadyjust bought them this summer. That article had nothing new in it. It wasn't revealing what the stadium would look like (look back to when the stadium was announced, you'll find that same rendering).

You're worrying about a stadium that is barely, and I mean BARELY in the planning phases. Nothing at all is final, other than new ownership of the OKC Soccer team, which will have a new name and branding.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen final plans for the stadium is that this has become a public/private partnership, with the Energy ownership donating the land and probably wanting a lot to say about the design.

I'm sure there are all types of negotiations behind the scenes.

But he's not going with it though. Those are clearly old renderings that news9 pulled out of their archive. It would kind of annoy me if I was in the middle of talking and someone showed an image over my face with something that isn't relevant anymore.

I guess the viewers demand pictures though! Its like the arena argument all over again.

echo DIDN'T run the energy ...

I think you are wanting this to be more ground breaking than it really is. Court did say there was a new website called www.okcforsoccer.com, but it redirects you to the energyfc.com website. If you go to the OKC Energy thread on page 26, post 646, that is where the discussion starts. Everything that is in the news9 interview is in that thread. Court was added as the President of Echo Soccer back on 8/8/2024.

Thread Information