Widgets Magazine
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33787980818283
Results 2,051 to 2,055 of 2055

Thread: University Town Center

1. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Pretty much Dillards, Old Navy and Chik-fil-a keep it open. Maybe victorias secret? Seems busy but I admittedly don't shop there.
    So is the mall on its last leg? Obviously any store could pick up and move to any strip mall in Norman and be fine. But Dillards, unless they own their structure and would be willing to be open while the rest of the mall closed, then at least from what's being said here, it looks like its on life support.

It's been probably 12-13 years since I've been in that mall myself, so i have absolutely zero current context. university park barely existed the last time i went to the mall so oh how the world has changed. I'd like to say it would be sad if it closed, but honestly I do not know that many people would care that much would they? Norman is strong enough that someone could easily buy that land and build something new. It would be a good opportunity to fix that weird frontage road mess that does that stupid thing at the mall entrance too.

2. Default Re: University Town Center

Pretty much Dillards, Old Navy and Chik-fil-a keep it open. Maybe victorias secret? Seems busy but I admittedly don't shop there.
    So is the mall on its last leg? Obviously any store could pick up and move to any strip mall in Norman and be fine. But Dillards, unless they own their structure and would be willing to be open while the rest of the mall closed, then at least from what's being said here, it looks like its on life support.

It's been probably 12-13 years since I've been in that mall myself, so i have absolutely zero current context. university park barely existed the last time i went to the mall so oh how the world has changed. I'd like to say it would be sad if it closed, but honestly I do not know that many people would care that much would they? Norman is strong enough that someone could easily buy that land and build something new. It would be a good opportunity to fix that weird frontage road mess that does that stupid thing at the mall entrance too.

3. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post

Ya it is pretty barren in there. Nothing ever went back into Sears which is a large part of the mall. I'd assume it closes eventually and probably gets bulldozed. Pretty valuable land right there on the highway.

Default Re: University Town Center

I wouldn't be surprised if Dillard's downgrades the Norman store to a Clearance Center in the future

5. Default Re: University Town Center

Ya it is pretty barren in there. Nothing ever went back into Sears which is a large part of the mall. I'd assume it closes eventually and probably gets bulldozed. Pretty valuable land right there on the highway.
    I know an arena that would love to be build here hahahahahahaha

Thread Information