Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Salad and Go

Default Re: Salad and Go

I noticed that the new and yet to be opened location of Salad and Go on N. May Ave. & NW 64th St has had the menu sign in the drive-thru removed. I could only guess that the old style menu sign might be replaced with a giant HDTV style LED monitor that are at other drive-thrus like McDonalds. I am baffled and concerned that the location has not opened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I noticed that the new and yet to be opened location of Salad and Go on N. May Ave. & NW 64th St has had the menu sign in the drive-thru removed. I could only guess that the old style menu sign might be replaced with a giant HDTV style LED monitor that are at other drive-thrus like McDonalds. I am baffled and concerned that the location has not opened yet.
    I noticed this as well last week. I check this page and drive by almost every day hoping that it’s opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhampson View Post
    I noticed this as well last week. I check this page and drive by almost every day hoping that it’s opened.
    Same here! I did see a van in the drive thru the other day, I thought they might be finally installing the menus, but I guess that's when they took them out. Maybe they were messed up and had to be replaced? So ready for this location to open.

I have been looking for over a month, and I'm thinking the menu boards were never installed. I have dreamed up that it is the last thing they will install before opening, so people driving by will notice they are not yet open.

I do know that it was probably 2 months ago I saw a management looking man (purple golf shirt with a logo, and a lanyard on his neck) walking around outside checking stuff, with a "facilities operations" looking fellow in tow with a clip board. I'm guessing they are waiting on a Certificate of Occupancy and other government approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I have been looking for over a month, and I'm thinking the menu boards were never installed. I have dreamed up that it is the last thing they will install before opening, so people driving by will notice they are not yet open.

I do know that it was probably 2 months ago I saw a management looking man (purple golf shirt with a logo, and a lanyard on his neck) walking around outside checking stuff, with a "facilities operations" looking fellow in tow with a clip board. I'm guessing they are waiting on a Certificate of Occupancy and other government approval.
    There were definitely 2 big light boxes where a static menu would go installed up until about a week ago. I kept checking daily to see if the menus had been inserted every time I drove by.

Now, I'm not saying that I have any idea what I'm talking about, but there were 2 big boxes installed, and now they aren't. I just don't know what they were.

^

Perhaps it's a case of Salad & Go moving to digital menu boards and the local operators wanted to wait to incorporate that feature?

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    There were definitely 2 big light boxes where a static menu would go installed up until about a week ago. I kept checking daily to see if the menus had been inserted every time I drove by.

Now, I'm not saying that I have any idea what I'm talking about, but there were 2 big boxes installed, and now they aren't. I just don't know what they were.
    I agree that the 2 big light boxes were there. Out of curiosity, I try to look on my way to the shop in the mornings. Driving from north to the south, I wind up looking in my mirror to see if menus have been installed, as it appears you have been doing. I kinda noticed the boxes weren't there this morning, but chalked it up to being distracted and not paying proper attention.

I'm guessing/hoping Pete is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Perhaps it's a case of Salad & Go moving to digital menu boards and the local operators wanted to wait to incorporate that feature?
    That thought did cross my mind. I'm just cranky that it's probably delaying the opening!

The Lost Ogle had a tweet about the May location being built backward--whatever that means. It's behind a paywall and I haven't read their story, but it might explain why things are being removed.

10. Default Re: Salad and Go

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    The Lost Ogle had a tweet about the May location being built backward--whatever that means. It's behind a paywall and I haven't read their story, but it might explain why things are being removed.
    https://thelostogle.com/2024/09/20/t...uilt-backwards

Not paywalled for me. It does appear to be built facing the wrong way. That is so weird.

11. Default Re: Salad and Go

Yeah, that appears to be the case. I hope the construction company has good insurance. I wonder who was checking on construction on the restaurant's side, though?!

How on Earth does this happen?

I'm sure the site dictated that the building and drive-thru lanes had to be configured that way. They have a standard design for efficiency reasons, and they probably just decided to rotate it to maximize that plot of land.

The existing curb cut on May is in an odd location and if they rotated the building 180 degrees, the drive-thru line would hit just as you enter and probably back up cars onto the street. They also had to put the small amount of surface parking somewhere.

With this setup, people pull in from May, and then go around to the south side of the building to queue in double lanes.

Reminder their buildings are little more than a kiosk with no inside seating, so who cares where the two small windows are located?

But I'm sure 3rd-hand information from some guys drinking at Cousins is more reliable than common sense.

it would've been fairly trivial for them to pull the city permit and see that it was constructed exactly as planned...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-20 112504.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	19180
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-20 112308.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	19179  

15. Default Re: Salad and Go

Looks backwards compared to their other location but if you look at that permit I see what they are aiming for. Makes sense.

Ok that's even funnier that it's build exactly to plan. It does look odd compared to the others, but like Pete indicated, it's a boring building and it doesn't really matter. I'm relieved they won't have to tear it down.

If I had done any critical thinking at all I could have saved myself some trouble...

I just need a dang opening date!

18. Default Re: Salad and Go

and perhaps if they could come up this way, further NW about 1700 miles.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I drove the site today, and while I’m no traffic engineer I’ve eaten at a lot of drive-through restaurants. The driveways are like the craziest roller coaster ride you’ve ever been on. The narrow lanes & tight turns make gridlock all but inevitable. The key choke point is after the vehicle pickup window on the north side of the building. Cars are against the building and are forced into a 90 degree R turn across the line of entering cars from May Avenue. It appears too tight to make a R U-turn towards May, or a left U-turn towards 64th Street for all but the smallest cars - certainly not a larger vehicle or one pulling a trailer. There’s a walk-up window, but it wasn’t clear to me where you’d park in order to walk up to it, as there is at NW 23rd & Penn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5450.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	19194

New digital signs going in this morning! Hopefully opening soon.

Thread Information