Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 343536373839

Thread: County Jail

Default Re: County Jail

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i don't think that is likely at all ..
    Well that's what should happen and I know we've discussed this before. But if they are having cost issues building out in goonies no way will they be able to afford rebuilding in the current site.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So I believe news broke that this gel was going to be significantly more over budget than originally planned several months ago. What happens to the money that voters approved for a new jail? Well, we just have to apply for more federal funding. I know these are two separate entities, but with the city ever give any of the excess maps money to help finish this thing? As someone who has been behind bar several times I still see the benefit of having a functional jail and not everyone, there are bad people.

Anyone have any predictions as to what is going to happen?
    I'd prefer the city not give any money to this debacle until the leadership is completely replaced, at the very least. I agree we need a functional jail, and one that is safe for its residents.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I'd prefer the city not give any money to this debacle until the leadership is completely replaced, at the very least. I agree we need a functional jail, and one that is safe for its residents.
    this is not a city project in any way

No, but you know what they mean. The leadership behind this is a complete and utter failure. You and me have disagreed in the past as to where this should be built, but at this point, they just need to get the goddamn thing built. This is absolutely unacceptable. They have federal money and voters approved more money on top of that to get it built. You would think if they have absolutely no intentions on building on the current site they could at least purchase the property and build something for the time being that could be expanded in the future.

Again, and I hate beating with dead horse, but I support building it on the current site downtown. If they choose not to do that, it seems like that property is worth a significant amount of money. Once they get whatever it is, they can get built. They should be able to get a good amount of money from selling that off. That money could go to expanding the new facility.

This whole thing is the textbook definition of a debacle.

Right, I was replying to the suggestion of using city money from MAPS. I was implying that even if the city were able to give money, I would be totally against it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Right, I was replying to the suggestion of using city money from MAPS. I was implying that even if the city were able to give money, I would be totally against it.
    ahh .. agreed

Thread Information