Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next G.O. Bonds Package 2027?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Next G.O. Bonds Package 2027?

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    I would love to see my neighborhood streets repaved and the drainage improved. A closer public library and a city park. However, I’m not holding my breath as I’m sure some trendy watchadoodle for downtown or NW OKC will take precedence. My neighborhood was built in 1984 and I have to go to Del City, Moore or Midwest City to enjoy a good park or the library. Yet I pay OKC MAPS taxes and see no benefit from it.
    What neighborhood do you live in? What’s your nearest park?

I would love to see my neighborhood streets repaved and the drainage improved. A closer public library and a city park. However, I’m not holding my breath as I’m sure some trendy watchadoodle for downtown or NW OKC will take precedence. My neighborhood was built in 1984 and I have to go to Del City, Moore or Midwest City to enjoy a good park or the library. Yet I pay OKC MAPS taxes and see no benefit from it.
    I recall the late 1970s-80s era was when developers were installing inferior streets, drainage, signage, etc, and the City of Oklahoma City stopped taking over ownership and maintenance of those that weren't built to code. Seems like a friend in The Meadows section of Summerfield was telling about his travails.

I have to go to Del City, Moore or Midwest City to enjoy a good park or the library. Yet I pay OKC MAPS taxes and see no benefit from it.
    Scissortail Park has it all, and isn't that far from your referenced cities ???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Scissortail Park has it all, and isn't that far from your referenced cities ???
    He could also contact his councilman about any concerns.

Contact your city council person. They are the ones who work with the city to push for more money for their ward. We made a big push for better sidewalks a block from our house ten years ago and they are going in as part of the 2017 GO Bond. It takes time, but that's the only way to do it.

Thread Information