Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,945 of 1945

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they took away the hand scanners because they were resulting in massive theft losses ... (that is from the store manager )
    Then what is the point of having the person at the door. Their system is so flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Then what is the point of having the person at the door. Their system is so flawed.
    For years, I heard so many positive things about Costco. It was up there with Chic-Fil-A, In-N-Out, Trader Joes, etc... as a place that was consistently a positive experience. That has been the case with Costco since they opened here, but my opinion of them is really starting to fall. One of the reasons we left SAMS was because the Wal-Mart checkout experience was pervasive there and it's one of the major reasons we don't go to Wal-Mart. Now, Costco's checkout experience isn't any better than SAMS. The line for self-checkout generally extends back to the aisle with bread and the lines to the manned checkouts extend back to the front-of-store displays and sometimes beyond. The self-checkout with hand scanner was a very good experience. You didn't even need to unload your cart and it was FAST, because it wasn't a finicky PoS like most self-checkout systems.

If they were losing so much money on self-checkout then they should be saving enough now to hire more freaking checkers.

When you have long lines clogging aisles on a Tuesday afternoon in September, you are not staffing properly.

Hard to be any easier or quicker than Sam’s Scan and Go. Just scan each item with the app as you put it in the cart, total it when you are done and head for the exit. The employee at the exit has just waved me through every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If they were losing so much money on self-checkout then they should be saving enough now to hire more freaking checkers.

When you have long lines clogging aisles on a Tuesday afternoon in September, you are not staffing properly.
    We went today, at around 3:00 pm and there were so many people in line, both for the self checkout and manned checkout, that people couldn't even get to the front of the store because the aisles were completely blocked. When we did the self-checkout, we had a couple of really heavy items and we literally had to flag down and call over an employee to scan them, because there weren't enough people.

Ridiculous.

6. Default Re: Costco

I left a comment with Costco about it. I heard they take feedback really seriously so hopefully that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    For years, I heard so many positive things about Costco. It was up there with Chic-Fil-A, In-N-Out, Trader Joes, etc... as a place that was consistently a positive experience. That has been the case with Costco since they opened here, but my opinion of them is really starting to fall. One of the reasons we left SAMS was because the Wal-Mart checkout experience was pervasive there and it's one of the major reasons we don't go to Wal-Mart. Now, Costco's checkout experience isn't any better than SAMS. The line for self-checkout generally extends back to the aisle with bread and the lines to the manned checkouts extend back to the front-of-store displays and sometimes beyond. The self-checkout with hand scanner was a very good experience. You didn't even need to unload your cart and it was FAST, because it wasn't a finicky PoS like most self-checkout systems.
    Sam's has a far superior checkout experience, with plenty of options. The self-checkouts are almost always empty when I go, and they have hand scanners at each station. The employees are always near by to help. Not to even go into Scan 'n Go.

The more I read about the Castco experience I don't think I will ever go to one. Plus the fact that I can't even go and walk around in one to see what they have before I decide if i want to spend $65 on a membership. Sams with Scan and Go serves our needs just fine.

9. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    The more I read about the Castco experience I don't think I will ever go to one. Plus the fact that I can't even go and walk around in one to see what they have before I decide if i want to spend $65 on a membership. Sams with Scan and Go serves our needs just fine.
    Exactly. I have always want to go check out Costco too. However, after these comments, I am not that concerned with it for exactly what you said. Sam's is great for what I need, especially with Wal-Mart almost always next door to get smaller quantities and additional varieties of things.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I left a comment with Costco about it. I heard they take feedback really seriously so hopefully that helps.
    I hope you encouraged them to visit this site and read this thread.

I had several occasions where I went to get gas and several minutes after opening time, the pumps were still padlocked. I know stuff happens but this was on multiple occasions and sometimes 10+ minutes past opening time. I e-mailed a complaint several months ago and on my weekly trips for gas, it hasn't happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    Exactly. I have always want to go check out Costco too. However, after these comments, I am not that concerned with it for exactly what you said. Sam's is great for what I need, especially with Wal-Mart almost always next door to get smaller quantities and additional varieties of things.
    we go about 2 times a month .. and even when their is a line they move very very quickly ..

12. Default Re: Costco

I think a lot of the blame for exceptionally busy stores has to be placed at the feet of the costco guys on tiktok (AJ, Big Justice, the Rizzler, etc.).

They have successfully romanticized the chicken bake and double chunk chocolate cookie and managed to instill massive fomo in a huge subset of costco’s addressable market.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I think a lot of the blame for exceptionally busy stores has to be placed at the feet of the costco guys on tiktok (AJ, Big Justice, the Rizzler, etc.).

They have successfully romanticized the chicken bake and double chunk chocolate cookie and managed to instill massive fomo in a huge subset of costco’s addressable market.
    costco has been very busy and successful well before tiktok was a thing ..

also i would guess the average tiktok audience is substantially younger then the average costco customer

14. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post

Dont talk mess about The Rizzler.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    The more I read about the Castco experience I don't think I will ever go to one. Plus the fact that I can't even go and walk around in one to see what they have before I decide if i want to spend $65 on a membership.
    They let you look around before buying a membership. I just had to go to the customer service counter first.

16. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    They let you look around before buying a membership. I just had to go to the customer service counter first.
    And I'll say I have the Executive membership that gives some cash back. It pays back the membership cost every year easily for our family of four going once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    And I'll say I have the Executive membership that gives some cash back. It pays back the membership cost every year easily for our family of four going once a month.
    exactly this. for me it's just a family of 2, but i haven't actually had to pay for my costco membership since the first year. and some years, i have a nice stack of cash after the renewal

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    exactly this. for me it's just a family of 2, but i haven't actually had to pay for my costco membership since the first year. and some years, i have a nice stack of cash after the renewal
    And if you have the executive membership and you don't end up offsetting the cost through purchases, Costco will often refund the difference.

I had this happen a couple of times without even asking.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I loathe lines at check out, will make me find an alternative, or at least go at a less busy time. I dont understand why so many businesses are slow at taking our money. They should be doing all they can to make sure they are getting your money as fast as possible. The scan and go at Sams makes this process so much better.
    I say this every time I am sitting in line to get into a Six Flags parking lot. Seems like they would properly staff the points where they take our money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they took away the hand scanners because they were resulting in massive theft losses ... (that is from the store manager )
    I really don't get how the scanners made it easier to not scan things than scanning on the table. Unless it just reducing accidental skipping of items.

Thread Information