Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Walgreens

Default Re: Walgreens

That store on 89th and Penn is indeed a terrible store, but it was heavily used. There is one further south on 119th and Penn but it's always busy as well, I imagine now it's going to be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Walgreens just announced 150 stores will be closing.
    Oklahoma stores:
    9011 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    6505 E. 71st Tulsa
    6000 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    4400 NW 23rd OKC
    ****, we left the 50th/May store a long time ago because it was such a hellhole (insane lines at the pharmacy with all kinds of stupidity happening with every customer, took forever), and started using 23rd/May. Guess we're gonna go to delivery of our prescriptions now and just stop going to them at all, don't want to ever set foot in the 50th/May store ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    ****, we left the 50th/May store a long time ago because it was such a hellhole (insane lines at the pharmacy with all kinds of stupidity happening with every customer, took forever), and started using 23rd/May. Guess we're gonna go to delivery of our prescriptions now and just stop going to them at all, don't want to ever set foot in the 50th/May store ever again.
    I think the one closing on 23rd is the one at Meridian.

I think the one closing on 23rd is the one at Meridian.
    My bad, you're right, the one at 23rd/May is 2400 N May, hadn't had enough coffee. Whew, got a reprieve, thx for the clue...

Oklahoma stores:
    9011 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    6505 E. 71st Tulsa
    6000 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    4400 NW 23rd OKC
    The 4400 NW 23rd location already had the Pharmacy closed like 6 months ago. At the time, Walgreens said they had no intention of closing the rest of the store.... Guess they changed their mind!

The pharmacies are in the back of the stores for a reason: to draw customers through the rest of the store.

Even moving more towards a drive-thru model has had to hurt foot traffic at Walgreens and CVS.

And of course, the pharmacy business model is being disrupted on various fronts, especially the deep discounters like Walmart and various online options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That store on 89th and Penn is indeed a terrible store, but it was heavily used. There is one further south on 119th and Penn but it's always busy as well, I imagine now it's going to be even worse.
    The one on 119th and Penn is the one we have always used. Thinking I'll need to change to Chris' Express soon.

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    The one on 119th and Penn is the one we have always used. Thinking I'll need to change to Chris' Express soon.
    Yeah we may do the same, although that's just even further from our house. May swap to Walmart if there is a pharmacy in the neighborhood market on 134th and May.

Oklahoma stores:
    9011 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    6505 E. 71st Tulsa
    6000 S. Pennsylvania OKC
    4400 NW 23rd OKC
    Good riddance, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    The 4400 NW 23rd location already had the Pharmacy closed like 6 months ago. At the time, Walgreens said they had no intention of closing the rest of the store.... Guess they changed their mind!
    What's bizarre to me is they closed the pharmacy at the SW 44th and S Shields store, but that store will be staying open?? And instead they're closing SW 89th and Penn, the one Walgreens on the south side that still had decent pharmacy hours??? I'm so confused right now.

11. Default Re: Walgreens

It's all about if the overall store is performing well. Pharmacies can make money, but they also cost a lot of money too. If enough people are using the "market" side of the store to keep it going, well there you go. There are plenty of other local pharmacies near any of these, that you'll probably have a faster and better customer experience anyway.

I try to only use these places for covid booster/flu shots (only because my pharmacy doesn't carry the brand of covid shot that I prefer). They are good FedEx drop locations too, although i dont think they make much off of that....if any really. I treat the market side as an alternative when i dont want to go all the way to walmart to get something like gauze or certain shelf medications. It's convenience, but we also pay for that convenience. I'm honestly surprised that most of these places are not already closed. I just can't think of why people would buy most of the things that are in there, when the prices for the grocery store down the street are so much better. Then i remember how lazy people are and that sometimes just doing it all in one place is the winner. Or if you're less mobile, it really is a factor for you.

Thread Information