Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Restaurants in your regular rotation

1. Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

A bit off topic but it does concern restaurants on my list. The sheriffs office went up NW Exp a couple weeks ago. Since then we've been told our favorite bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings, a bartender at Chilis and a bartender at Hideaway all got fired for not properly IDing.

2. Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    They are under new ownership but this seems odd considering they are opening a 2nd location in the new eExpress opening in Moore soon. Why would they open in a competitor's convenience store?
    Actually now that you say this I think I was mistakenly recalling it as OnCue when in fact it was eExpress. I thought it was interesting at the time, because he made it seem like they'd purchased the existing brand more than just specifically that store on Classen, with the intention of using that branding on sandwich counters inside the stores in the chain.

Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    A bit off topic but it does concern restaurants on my list. The sheriffs office went up NW Exp a couple weeks ago. Since then we've been told our favorite bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings, a bartender at Chilis and a bartender at Hideaway all got fired for not properly IDing.
    Wonder what the exact circumstances were? I thought there was a law recently passed that basically said if you truly look over 21, the bartender/cashier/whatever is not required to ID you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wonder what the exact circumstances were? I thought there was a law recently passed that basically said if you truly look over 21, the bartender/cashier/whatever is not required to ID you.
    Guessing it was not ID-ing a person under 21 and selling them alcohol. Sheriff's office does these stings on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    You are talking about the Trump burger joint I am guessing?

Attachment 19100
    Can’t wait to not eat that burger.
    We’ve been doing pho cuong
    Phonlien hoa. The mule
    Tamashii jinya
    Goro
    Lee’s
    Reserva
    The ranch. Sean Cummings
    Empire and Woodward a lot lately

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Guessing it was not ID-ing a person under 21 and selling them alcohol. Sheriff's office does these stings on a regular basis.
    Yeah, I figured, but wondered since everybody in Sean Cummings got carded last time we were there, even though some looked older than us, and the server explained that ABLE was cracking down, so they are carding *everybody*.

7. Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

We hit the NW Exp restaurants a lot. What we're hearing regularly is they hit Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings, Hideaway, Chili's, Louie's and ? other places we don't go. It was 2 males assumed to be 50ish and a female that looked "at least mid to late 20s". But her ID had a date making her 19. At least one bartender that we know enough to talk to outside of work says she IDd the woman but didn't really do the math because she looked old enough.

We saw someone at the table next to us at Bubbas 33 just this week get IDed by the waitress that we thought was obviously at least in his 40s and possibly in his 50s. He was with what looked to be 3 teenagers.

Thank you @roger s for bringing this thread back up

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Slims chicken
    Cafe Antigua
    Tamashii
    Scotties Deli

Currently considering
    Sams Southern eatery
    McClintock Saloon
    ND foods

Old rotation
    GRUB
    Volcano sushi
    Cafe7
    Wild I've been here long enough to look at my list and not cringe at myself too bad. Nowadays the list looks like

Cafe de L'asie
    Boomtown creamery
    Pailin
    Levity
    Taco picoso
    The goose
    Ganache Patisserie
    Stitch
    Shaka
    Pronto pizza

Places I wish I could work in
    Chef curry to go (meal prep)
    Szechuan story
    Formosa
    Tamashii
    Edge Craft
    Jerusalem
    Salad N Go
    Saturn grill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    We hit the NW Exp restaurants a lot. What we're hearing regularly is they hit Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings, Hideaway, Chili's, Louie's and ? other places we don't go. It was 2 males assumed to be 50ish and a female that looked "at least mid to late 20s". But her ID had a date making her 19. At least one bartender that we know enough to talk to outside of work says she IDd the woman but didn't really do the math because she looked old enough.
    We got IDed at Olive Garden in Lawton on Thursday. There were three of us that were sharing a bottle of wine. The ages of the three of us are 72, 69, and 66. The waiter said sorry but it's the state law and he had to do it. He actually looked at our ID very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    We got IDed at Olive Garden in Lawton on Thursday. There were three of us that were sharing a bottle of wine. The ages of the three of us are 72, 69, and 66. The waiter said sorry but it's the state law and he had to do it. He actually looked at our ID very closely.
    What is funny is everyone thought that. We looked high and low through the statutes and couldn't find it. May have been an ABLE rule but was not state law that we could find.

What is funny is everyone thought that. We looked high and low through the statutes and couldn't find it. May have been an ABLE rule but was not state law that we could find.
    Probably just restaurant owners wanting their servers/bartenders to check everyone’s ID’s instead of making the judgment call on their own. Makes sense I guess but funny when they ID people who are 4 times the age requirement.

Turns out Odell's Law (you don't have to ID anybody that is obviously over 21) doesn't take effect until November:

https://www.4029tv.com/article/oklah...cohol/60694710

Paseo Grill
    Metro Wine Bar
    Paddy Wagon
    Empire & Hideaway
    Bistro 38
    Kitchen 324
    Iron Star
    Fast food on the road… Freddie’s

Currents: