Widgets Magazine

Thread: Toilet Paper

Default Toilet Paper

I think people are stockpiling it again. I guess because of the dockworker's strike. SMH

Default Re: Toilet Paper

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I think people are stockpiling it again. I guess because of the dockworker's strike. SMH
    if it goes on more then about 10 days lots of things will start being effected

Isn't toilet paper made in the USA, along with bottled water?

There is a Kimberly Clark plant in Paris, TX, Georgia-Pacific also has a lot of US based paper mills. So, wouldn't toilet paper, and paper towels, be mainly on semi-trucks and not cargo ships?

I think the impact will be more in goods and consumables including fruits from South America and a lot of tech items and paper goods that come from China. I think stores like Hobby Lobby and Dollar stores that have a lot of goods shipped in from China will eventually will feel a pinch.

You are expecting the general population to think logically. I heard one of the Costcos was sold out of it today. I saw someone at Walmart putting three 30 roll packages in their cart today and the shelves were less than 1/2 full.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

There is a Kimberly Clark plant in Paris, TX, Georgia-Pacific also has a lot of US based paper mills. So, wouldn't toilet paper, and paper towels, be mainly on semi-trucks and not cargo ships?

I think the impact will be more in goods and consumables including fruits from South America and a lot of tech items and paper goods that come from China. I think stores like Hobby Lobby and Dollar stores that have a lot of goods shipped in from China will eventually will feel a pinch.
    In as much as this strike is Texas and ports east I think the goods that come from the EU, Carribean and possibly South America would be affected. China and Asian goods come in via the West Coast

Fioria TP is made down by the outlet mall IIRC.

I believe that is just their warehouse.

OMG People it's almost 2025 buy a cheap $30 Bidet already. Yes it's a little cold in the winter but my god it's so much better than wiping.

You plebs need to nut up and buy a bidet. You use antiquated paper to wipe your ass, meanwhile I am pampered with heated water and an air-dry cycle. We are not a like.

The U. S. toilet paper maker workers who want overtime will love how stupid people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    You plebs need to nut up and buy a bidet. You use antiquated paper to wipe your ass, meanwhile I am pampered with heated water and an air-dry cycle. We are not a like.
    I assume bidets never caught on in Puritan America is because people fear being overly stimulated by the spraying warm water of bidets. But maybe if it was cold water.

Urinals in the home never caught on in America, either, even though they can't be stimulating to use. But I guess women think it's wrong, stupid and disgusting to have them in the home no matter what the guy thinks. Anyway, if the lady is on the toilet and you need to piss, no need to wait if you got a urinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I assume bidets never caught on in Puritan America is because people fear being overly stimulated by the spraying warm water of bidets. But maybe if it was cold water.

Urinals in the home never caught on in America, either, even though they can't be stimulating to use. But I guess women think it's wrong, stupid and disgusting to have them in the home no matter what the guy thinks. Anyway, if the lady is on the toilet and you need to piss, no need to wait if you got a urinal.
    Listen Bunty, some robot tickling my butthole with water is not going to make me gay. I love it, I don't care and if they are too dumb to get one I don't care. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Listen Bunty, some robot tickling my butthole with water is not going to make me gay. I love it, I don't care and if they are too dumb to get one I don't care. I love it.
    Umm like with “Witches” the puritans were right as Usual.,I bought a bidet several months ago and my water bill is through the roof., apparently you’re supposed to limit the amount of time you spend using it to “only what’s necessary’” whatever that means

Not exactly where I thought this conversation would go when I started the thread.

Not exactly where I thought this conversation would go when I started the thread.
    Yes....it has gone down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    That's a lot of money in plumbing just for a urinal. Might as well add a toilet at that point that can handle multiple bathroom scenarios.

Growing up, my uncle had a brass urinal in their bathroom. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

We have bidets and love them, but there are a lot of people out there who forget you can clean yourself with water better than toilet paper. People mostly fear living outside of their own norms, and they're also a little slow to realize that the proper reaction in this scenario is to lower your usage a little. Use a few less squares when wiping. If you have a "breakthrough" moment, then you were going to wash your hands anyhow.

You were... weren't you?

19. Default Re: Toilet Paper

You also have to realize a lot of places saw this strike coming for months and have stocked up. It'll be a while until it pinches. Then again they will probably jack up prices to get those margins even bigger!

Angel Soft- Produced by Georgia-Pacific in Georgia and Oklahoma
    Quilted Norther- Manufactured by Georgia-Pacific in Georgia
    Scott- Made by Kimberly-Clark in Pennsylvania
    Charmin- Manufactured by Procter & Gamble in Ohio and Pennsylvania
    Cottoneele- Produced by Kimberly-Clark in Wisconsin

I owned the BB 2000 the top of the line model from 2019 until 2022 came with a 3 year warranty and of course died on me in 3 1/2 years. I just went back to a cheap one that I started with for a year or two prior to getting the BB 2000. It was nice having the warm water and heated seat in the winter time but couldn't justify spending over $400 for another one. I know they have lower priced models but too me the manual one cleans better as it has way more pressure.

The strike appears to be over. 61.5% wage increase over 6 years. (Nice) Still negotiating over automation. OK you can go back to using all the TP you want now.

The strike appears to be over. 61.5% wage increase over 6 years. (Nice) Still negotiating over automation. OK you can go back to using all the TP you want now.
    I assume the consumer will absorb this costs? With that type of increase over a short time period, I don't see how automation can't come into play to remain competitive against the ones who do use it.

I assume the consumer will absorb this costs? With that type of increase over a short time period, I don't see how automation can't come into play to remain competitive against the ones who do use it.
    Yeah, computers and robots are very good at moving big boxes around. At least when the writers fought against AI, it was still very clear that AI is not as creative as a human.

The shipping (with ships) industry saw an 800% increase over 2018-2024 while dock workers were limited to 11% over the same period. The companies have plenty to catch them up and share the enormous profits made through the pandemic.

25. Default Re: Toilet Paper

Rest easier ....... paper lovers, the strike is averted until the new year!

Thread Information