Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Fair

Default Re: State Fair

It seems broccoli heads are the new in thing.

2. Default Re: State Fair

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    We will go probably 3 times this year. We really enjoy eating the different foods and people watching. We also enjoy some of the free concerts.
    Tuesday is "Taste of the Fair": $4 gate admission and food vendors will have a $4 option to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    It seems broccoli heads are the new in thing.
    What's not to like? This and a little ranch dressing.

What has happen to the state fair? Now in all honesty I haven't been since probably 2017 but went tonight from 5-9:30 walked around went and saw Morris Day and the Time and that place seemed empty. The concert areas was pretty full but There were hardly any lines for food. Walking around the exhibits was easy. Also when did it become mostly people just sailing homemade stuff or jewelry cookware etc ? Is guess the home and garden show is for more home stuff but just seemed like a lot less exhibits of home improvement or landscaping than in the past. Fair food also just doesn't do it for me. I know it's expensive but it's not good expensive it that makes sense. Also went looking for a Shed. I figured there be 2 or 3 different shed companies there nope only 1. So maybe it's just me but just didn't seem the same as years ago.

Went yesterday. Very light crowd. Tried the carne asada mexican street corn and it was very good, Worthy enough to add into my fair rotation. Bennett Building seemed the same. Car building has gotten ever more sad this year, There was Ford, Dodge, Jeep,, Toyota and Hyundai. That was it,

Big surprise was to see one of the beer booths with full liquor (Makers, crown, vodka, etc). It is the old jamaican me crazy that is back by the main stage, Didn't see liquor any where else.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    was my thoughts the last time i went, which was 2019. i just have no desire to go anymore, i used to love walking through all the exhibit halls for hours, but it just seems like all of those have gone way downhill in terms of quality of vendors
    90% of the vendors are the same every year…..and most of the time even in the exact same location!

Thread Information