View Full Version : Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

onthestrip
08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
The theater off Garth Brooks is a piece of crap really. Just really bland and unnoticeable.

There will be drainage work on the ditch that runs under I40.

I also believe there will be an entrance off council.

Hammondjam
08-11-2010, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=adaniel;351857]Would this be the same JacobDylan that posted pics of human waste and female body parts in the "What if the Oklahoman went away" thread? I don't really understand the motive of people like that? Yay I grossed people out! Congrats, you've done what most of us mastered in junior high![/QUOTE)

I think I might actually know this scatbandit from another forum. He likes Shakespeare and Mac computers(I think William is still tops, in some areas, but not necessarily ahead of the race.)

I've felt anger towards this broken human being but it quickly turned to pity. I can't imagine living THAT life!

Larry OKC
08-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Rockwell helps alleviate some of the traffic at the MacArthur/Reno intersection.

That won't be the case with the new mall. Rockwell will still help some but not nearly as much. The mall will likely have 2 entrances on the north side and hopefully 1 on the west side. There had better be or traffic will be much worse. I suppose they could extend third street west but there are businesses there and 3rd would probably have to go to the south of the businesses which is not ideal. The street that loops through the area and back to Reno doesn't look big enough to handle anything more than local traffic.

Either way traffic should be a nightmare at reno and council and even worse when it rains hard (those of you in the area know what I am talking about). Anyone agree with this? Well let me modify my statement...traffic at Rockwell and Reno will be a nightmare when it rains hard because if a motorist is smart they avoid Council in that situation.

Anyone know if the city plans to improve drainage at Council and Reno for this mall?

Cant locate specifics and the article I thought it was in is only available for view by subscribers (if anyone has access, please post). The article was called "City Council approves outlet mall incentives" (May 6, 2008)

There was this blurb from an article in 2009:
"Assistant City Manager Cathy O’Connor said designs for infrastructure improvements at Council Road and Interstate 40 are complete, but won’t be put out for bid until the city is assured the development is moving forward..."

And a recent article mentioned an
"increase from $2,395,000 to $3,937,690 in public improvements to the site from the city" but gave no details as to location.

ljbab728
08-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Either way traffic should be a nightmare at reno and council and even worse when it rains hard (those of you in the area know what I am talking about). Anyone agree with this? Well let me modify my statement...traffic at Rockwell and Reno will be a nightmare when it rains hard because if a motorist is smart they avoid Council in that situation.

Obviously traffic will be much higher at Reno and Council but I wonder how many people remember what traffic in that area used to be like years ago when the Western Electric plant had thousands of people working there. Granted that was mainly at shift change times but that intersection has seem much worse traffic before.

Double Edge
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes, there was a commitment to rework that intersection and/or south to I-40 back when. The overpass was reworked beginning shortly after the original plans were announced. It needed it. I hope that wasn't the end of it.

I haven't seen water at Reno and Council out of the ditch in a long time. Looks like one of the first things built was a detention pond at the NE corner of the site and they seem to be building some concrete drainage along the south property line in the last week. I doubt that site contributed to flooding of Reno though.

RadioOKC
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Anyone hear about an Eddie Bauer Outlet or Disney Outlet making it here?

Last time I was at Gainesville it was nearly vacant. Seriously,
I think Crossroads offers more right now than Gainesville.

Chris
http://radiookc.com

OKC@heart
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I am all for progress in OKC and am excited that the Factory outlet mall is going in!!! But as someone who is keenly aware of retail development and of many outlet malls around this region as well as the country I can say the the design of the new one, is to be kind vastly underwhelming...

I can appreciate the reasons and desire for economy in building as a necessity in getting a ROI and in keeping the lease rates reasonable and attracting the most stores as possible, however that is no excuse for from what I have seen in the renderings as the worst concrete tilt wall building design and finishes I have seen in many years!!! There apears to be no other finish other than paint to the exterior of the tilt wall!!!

This is one occasion where I hope that I am seriously mistaken and that there are somewhere other renderings that we have not seen that will showcase them in a differnt light. I have seen industrial parks look more inviting and well crafted with attention to design and making them seem more upscale. Before everyone jumps to the conclusion I know that it is an outlet mall and hence a discount shoppers destination, but I have seen a great deal of outlets and most of them reflect an upscale nature and make it an event or a destination so reflect that in the way they clad the buildings and hide the concrete structure so that it seems more pedestrian friendly.

I know there was some image with tensile fabric structures shown as well , and those are nice when used appropriately, but by themselves will not make a difference in how the buildings look.

It is always a bad sign when a buildings rendering looks like a before picture needing a drastic renovation and face lift, prior to being built!!! Am I the only one who is seeing this???? Hello??

Jesseda
08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
to bad it cant be something huge like town center in las vegas, now that i sa nice outside shopping area..I think that would fit great in the downtwon area develoment somewhere by the new proposed park, but back to the outlet mall they are building, I do hope they put a disney outlet in there, as well as some perfume outlet names

ljbab728
08-16-2010, 10:45 PM
The design or lack thereof has been previously discussed and there is nothing particularly appealing in the renderings. It may end up looking as terrible as you describe but I'm going to keep an open mind. And if it doesn't have an upscale look, is there someone you want to blame? I'm sure it will meet all city code requirements so will it be the city's fault? If it's a financial success and contributes to the city's tax base would we be better off if it hadn't been built because the design wasn't appealing?

Larry OKC
08-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I am all for progress in OKC and am excited that the Factory outlet mall is going in!!! But as someone who is keenly aware of retail development and of many outlet malls around this region as well as the country I can say the the design of the new one, is to be kind vastly underwhelming...

Agree that the renderings were...less than impressive...but when you look at the photos (courtesy Spartan) on page 11 (think it is post #245 or something like that), they are much improved. As Steve pointed out, many of the design elements in the renderings are transferred in the photos (and look much better in the process).

Hopefully we will get something more akin to the photos than the renderings.

OKC@heart
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
The design or lack thereof has been previously discussed and there is nothing particularly appealing in the renderings. It may end up looking as terrible as you describe but I'm going to keep an open mind. And if it doesn't have an upscale look, is there someone you want to blame? I'm sure it will meet all city code requirements so will it be the city's fault? If it's a financial success and contributes to the city's tax base would we be better off if it hadn't been built because the design wasn't appealing?

I am not one of those that looks to blame anyone, and as a designer myself am more than acquainted with the realities of development finance and what it takes to make a project come to fruition and become more than a pretty picture. That said I also am keenly aware that the public ar fickle and where as they will no doubt flock to this retail center once opened that things change. If there is another center that opens up in competition, that offers more ammenities and a nicer feel to it, well they will go there and the other will languish and struggle with vacancies, and become a place to avoid if you can.

This has been seen in other areas with the competing brand of outlet shops.

That being said, I am not against the tilt wall construction, as that is a very cost effective method of building, rather it is that there is very little evidenced in the actual released renderings that show any attempt to make them look more retail/pedestrian friendly besided a coat of sealant and paint. That in my opinion is the problem. It can make a huge difference to see the application of stone, brick and other materials used to break up the facades and give each store a unique appearance.

Hopefully they are going to do something like let the stores who are leasing weigh in on the storefront design and materials selected and we just have not seen it yet. I am nothing if not an optimistic person, and so will hold out hope that we may see some more accurate and improved images as things progress. I am not a blamer, but do believe in accountability and civic responsibility, and if not to the community that you are a part, of then at least to your shareholders! I would be concerned as a shareholder if I saw the newest development only striving for that level of quality. I would take that as a ominous sign for the future, and look at placing those shares in the sell column.

But as always hope for the best! I have no doubt that the shops will be a great thing for OKC, but only want to make sure that they continue to work as a marketing tool for the city as an emerging market, rather than an eyesore, that reinforces an idea that the city is not worth investing or building to a level of quality that would be required in any other competing market.

mmitch1031
10-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Has anyone been by the location in a while? Are they making good progress? Is there an updated store list?

Easy180
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Just drove by and the plumbing tubes are sticking up but that's about it

Double Edge
10-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I go by there every day. Activity has ramped up over the last ten days or so. Looks like the grading and site prep is mostly done and building construction is proceeding. More containers have been moved on site and there is a lot more people and pickups there now.

Steve
10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Saw the same thing - wouldn't be surprised to start seeing structures going up next.

OKC@heart
10-03-2010, 08:08 PM
If it is the tilt wall concrete structure that was indicated in the really bad renderings, then you will see the foundations poured and then they will form and pour the walls laid on top of the slabs and then all of the sudden they will be raised or tilted up. So it will seem like not much has taken place and then all of the sudden most of the perimeter of the buildings will suddenly appear on site.

okclee
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this is current or updated, but I found this on another site. It may have already been posted here too, don't want to go back through and view all of the previous posts.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/ColorCrimson/I-40shoppingcenter.jpg

acumpton
10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
If this is the actual stores they are planning on putting in there, I am really excited for this to open.

Dustin
10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I think it's changed a lot since that print was first made.

cedbled
10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
This sucks; i think I found the most recent list (as of 7/22/10), and a LOT of the original tenants have been swapped out for much lamer stores:
http://www.okcchamber.com/page.asp?atomid=2001

Note, the humongous Hanes and UnderArmour stores....
SMH @ no Puma\adidas\Calvin Klein\Timberland\Fossil stores....
Some of the lots are still undcided, so maybe (praying here), some of these may be eventually added in.

Jesseda
10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
not impressed with the updated tenants!!!!! what happen to disney outlet store!!!!!!!!

metro
10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
yes Saks Off Fifth, Coach and Brooks Brothers aren't impressive, but bring on Disney?

Jesseda
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
no metro look at the stores before and now, a lot of good ones are no longer there!! plus its a outlet lol nothing is consider highscale at a place devoted to clearance or out of season items lol

cedbled
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
yes Saks Off Fifth, Coach and Brooks Brothers aren't impressive, but bring on Disney?

I'd gladly trade all of the above for Puma\adidas\Calvin Klein\Timberland\Fossil stores, which were all on the original list.

Not to mention ever DREAMING of K. Cole\A|X\Cole Haan\Nautica...ask yourself, which group would serve more people, with better crap, on a more regular basis?

stlokc
10-05-2010, 06:39 PM
As far as I am concerned, most of these stores can take a flying leap. I am, however, encouraged by the presence of two: the Brooks Brothers outlet and the Off Saks Fifth Avenue. I know for a fact that these are stores that my parents will drive from Quail Creek to patronize.
I think we can all agree that Brooks Bros and Saks are stores we would like to see in OKC. Maybe someone who knows more about retail can enlighten us: now that OKC is at least on the radar of these chains, could great success (hopefully) for their outlet operations increase the chances of getting "real" versions of these stores when this nasty recession is finally behind us?
As for the rest of the stores, the best thing I can say is that the geographic location of this mall might mean an increase in tax dollars for OKC from Yukon, El Reno, Clinton and points west. That's a good thing.

Dustin
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Retailers:

Aeropostale
Auntie Anne’s
Banana Republic
Bass
Bon Worth
Brooks Brothers
Carter’s
Chico’s
Children’s Place
Coach
Converse
Corning Revere
Dress Barn
Easy Spirit
Gap
Guess
Gymboree
Hanesbrands
Izod
Johnston and Murphy
Jones NY
Journeys
Kasper
Kay Jewelry
Kitchen Collection
Lane Bryant
Le Gourmet Chef
Levi’s
Lids
Maurices
Naturalizer
Nike
Nine West
Oshkosh B’Gosh
Reebok/Rockport
rue21
Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth
Skechers
Smashburger
Stride Rite
Sunglass Hut
Tommy Hilfiger
Ultra Jewelry
Under Armour
Uniform Outlet
U. S. Polo and Assn.
Van Heusen
Wilsons Leather

HOT ROD
10-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Better than not having it.

OKCNDN
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I doubt we'll see a movie theatre. There is already a fairly new one at I-40 and Garth Brooks.

The theater off Garth Brooks is a piece of crap really. Just really bland and unnoticeable.

The theather in Yukon is bad.

One set of doors was broke last time I was there.
The lobby is fairly warm.
Two lines

One for ticket.
The other for concessions.
I don't know how many times I see people get mad. They think they can get their ticket and popcorn at same time. But after they get one they have to get in another long line to get the other.
Screen is out of focus.
Even new movies have those black lines on them.
Floor doesn't seem to be very clean. Not filthy or sticky but just not clean. I don't want to reach down to check.

I don't go see a movie there unless I wait too long and that is one of the only options.

The Reno 8 theater in El Reno is much better and is probably the best theater in the OKC area. I haven't been to Warren theaters in Moore yet but they have a high standard to meet from the one in El Reno.

Bigrayok
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Which theater off of Garth Brooks is being discussed? The old one right on Garth Brooks in the same shopping center as Primo's and Hastings or the newer one east of Garth Brooks? I do not mind either one but the newer one is cleaner looking although it seems a bit cramped when there are big crowds.

Bigray in Ok

Larry OKC
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I might be upset if there was a separate line for popcorn, another line for drinks and another line for candy, but I've never been to a movie theater where you bought the tickets and concessions in the same line...is this something new?

metro
10-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Can we get a seperate thread for the Yukon Theatre?

Platemaker
10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Brooks Brothers outlets are notorious for having sub par products compared to their non-outlet stores.
In fact... many outlets are NOT the same as the regular stores and are decidedly inferior quality.

metro
10-07-2010, 08:16 AM
hence why it is called an Outlet.

Platemaker
10-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Actually... outlets used to be places where overstocked items and factory seconds would go.... today most companies manufacture clothing specifically for the outlets, yet still call it an outlet... its just a mall.... so I don't know what all this 'hence' business is about... these are NOT true factory shops.

jarrington00
10-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Updated site plan as of 6/22/10.
http://www.okcchamber.com/retail/LeasePlan.jpg

Also, I'm guessing they'll tear down the vacant Wendy's for additional entrance off Council.

OKC Heel
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Who on earth is still buying Tommy Hilfiger clothing? Why must all of these places have the same, tired, worn out stores?

circuitboard
10-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Who on earth is still buying Tommy Hilfiger clothing? Why must all of these places have the same, tired, worn out stores?

I am confused about TH also, I had no idea people still bought anything TH.

soonerfan_in_okc
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
a polo outlet would be nice. I always need more fratastic apparel.

mikesimpsons82
10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Actually... outlets used to be places where overstocked items and factory seconds would go.... today most companies manufacture clothing specifically for the outlets, yet still call it an outlet... its just a mall.... so I don't know what all this 'hence' business is about... these are NOT true factory shops.
You must not understand. Metro is never wrong. Just ask him.

SOONER8693
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
a polo outlet would be nice. I always need more fratastic apparel.
I agree. A Ralph Lauren would make the whole place for me. The best Ralph Lauren outlet store I've been to is in Branson.

Easy180
10-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I am confused about TH also, I had no idea people still bought anything TH.

On that note I was hoping for a Members Only out of this but that ain't gonna happen

Wishbone
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Looks like they have most of the plumbing done and are starting to lay the foundation.

onthestrip
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
They have actually erected steel on a portion of it. They also secured financing last week, shouldn't be anythig to stop it now.

metro
10-27-2010, 08:06 AM
One of you guys that drive by regularly, can you please take pics?

mkjeeves
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
This is looking E NE from the Council overpass, two shots stitched. The steel appears to be the east building on the south side.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/715/factorypanoweb.jpg

Rover
10-27-2010, 09:16 PM

Let's see, I was in LA last week and went by two different outlets, Ontario and Marango. Marango is very upscale with many designer stores. Guess what was there....Tommy Hilfiger. Yes, there and in Ontario Mills the TH stores were very busy.

I was in Chicago this week and there is plenty of TH being sold in department stores there.

Guess you think OKC is just too hip for TH. Need to tell the rest of the country how behind they are.

Architect2010
10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Guess you think OKC is just too hip for TH. Need to tell the rest of the country how behind they are.

Agreed, but 'hip' isn't the right word for Tommy Hilfiger. Juss Sayin'.

circuitboard
10-27-2010, 10:04 PM

what he said^^

Watson410
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't know anybody that wears TH, then again maybe they don't sell it in OKC.

ljbab728
10-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't know anybody that wears TH, then again maybe they don't sell it in OKC.

Have you checked everone's underwear? LOL

Jesseda
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I use to buy TF back in jr high, i like there cologne, i didnt even know they still hada following, i was out in san diego,LA, and vegas and i didnt see people decked out in TF gear, but i wasnt zooming in on what brands people where wearing lol, lets just say if they have there cologne at the outlet here in okc i might go in to smell it for memory sake and might buy one.

metro
10-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Again, can someone please snap a pic for those of you that drive by regularly?

circuitboard
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Here you go.....

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/jbholt1/outlet1.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/jbholt1/outlet2.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/jbholt1/outlet3.jpg

metro
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting!

Rover
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. :)

Rover
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Sorry, I am a 60s-70s guy, I should have said "stud", or "cool", not "hip". Maybe 'bitchn", or "bad". I don't know what the proper current term is...just too square I quess (does anyone say that anymore...square?)

Watson410
10-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Have you checked everone's underwear? LOL

Lol, No not lately!

rondvu
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Here is an interesting article about outlet malls. It's things we mostly know.

http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-111184-7265-1-10-things-outlet-malls-wont-tell-you

Mike63
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Photo I took today.

Dustin
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Photo I took today.

Wow.. Its really picking up!!