View Full Version : Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

MDot
04-01-2012, 10:02 AM
^^I would love a Cajun place!

OKCNDN
04-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I am surprised that Del Rancho has no presence near I-40 or I-35 (that I know of). I know it's not really fast fast food but those Okies who know what it is would pull over and get a sandwich or two when visiting OKC. I know I would, even if it has gotten pricey lately.

jedicurt
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I am surprised that Del Rancho has no presence near I-40 or I-35 (that I know of). I know it's not really fast fast food but those Okies who know what it is would pull over and get a sandwich or two when visiting OKC. I know I would, even if it has gotten pricey lately.

there is one in norman on lindsey just off of I-35 to the east

Larry OKC
04-02-2012, 01:30 PM
The Del Rancho in Moore is just of I-35 (301 West Main Street)...by the map may be visible from the highway, less than a block???

bombermwc
04-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Those look pretty tasty (but messy)...LOL

Those fried looked like a cat puked on them....gross.

Larry OKC
04-05-2012, 12:19 PM
:sofa:Our cats weren't known to do that (at least not where we ever fond it). While there is something to be said for food presentation, I am going to eat it not frame it.

jeffkchuckk
04-24-2012, 07:34 AM
The expansion will be on the south end of the 'mall'. Coach for men and Kenneth Cole have signed.

JWil
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Can In-N-Out really be considered a national chain yet? They have very little advertising and are still limited to just CA, AZ, NV, UT, and TX.

I hope the quality can stay the same if they keep expanding. For those who have had it on the west coast (the only place I have) and in Texas, is there a noticable difference between the TX stores and the others?

I grew up out west. The INO I've had in Texas is exactly the same as I've had in Phoenix or LA.

The whole reason they expanded into Texas (and skipped New Mexico) is that they are building their own plant in the DFW area. They do all their food in-house. That's why they stayed within a 10-hour drive of LA for so long, because it's processing plant is housed there. So they've stayed out west for so long for the quality control issues. Namely, Going east of Phoenix would result in worse product coming from SoCal. But now that they will have a facility in DFW, you can draw an 8-10 hour circle around the Metroplex and, once they have opened up the DFW stores, they will expand into OKC, Austin, SA, Houston, Memphis, Little Rock, Wichita, KC and maybe even St. Louis. The point being, they didn't leave their home region just to get into DFW and leave the rest of the region on the table. I assure you within the decade OKC will have several INO locations at key points in the metro. Five Guys has invaded the west and INO will eventually go into their area back east. Texas is the big crossover point where these companies are looking to post big wins.

So it could most definitely be an INO. And, if not now, that location would be great for them.

soonerguru
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
The expansion will be on the south end of the 'mall'. Coach for men and Kenneth Cole have signed.

YAY for Kenneth Cole!

lasomeday
04-28-2012, 11:35 AM
FYI, This is a little down the road, but they are building a Dick's Sporting Goods between Home Depot and Best Buy off of Reno between MacArthur and Rockwell. They are about to pour the foundation!

MDot
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
FYI, This is a little down the road, but they are building a Dick's Sporting Goods between Home Depot and Best Buy off of Reno between MacArthur and Rockwell. They are about to pour the foundation!

I noticed some red dirt there a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if that was the Dick's you had been hinting about not too long ago. Thanks for the information.

metro
04-28-2012, 03:05 PM
I think it was also previously mentioned in the Dicks thread, but either way score for OKC.

JWil
05-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Dick's has great selection and does well with team/sports logo gear too. I've always felt like Academy doesn't have enough Thunder stuff. Hopefully Dick's will have more.

bluedogok
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Dick's tends to vary in the amount of team gear depending upon location. The Stonebrier Mall store in Frisco (originally a Galyan's) has a bunch of pro and college stuff including quite a bit of OU, OSU, UT, A&M and Tech stuff, it was the best selection of Tech stuff my wife could find outside of Lubbock. The stores that I have been to here in Denver seem to have very little in comparison to the Dallas stores, mostly pro stuff with a small selection of CU and CSU stuff.

soonermike
05-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Looks like they're breaking ground on the expansion today:

http://newsok.com/the-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city-adds-names-breaks-ground-on-phase-2/article/3675713?custom_click=pod_headline_business

onthestrip
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I think its safe to say this has been a home run. It has done wonders for sales tax collections for the city.

poe
05-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Nice to see more stores coming. And the quality of stores.

Easy180
05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Nice additions...Maybe Westbrook can find some nicer shirts now

onthestrip
05-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Nice additions...Maybe Westbrook can find some nicer shirts now

Hey, he said it was Lacoste. But yeah, looked like something a 2 year old boy would be forced to wear. Barkley and the TNT crew joked that he got it at TJ Maxx and that he had Sally Jesse Raphael glasses.

Watson410
05-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I wish they would do something with the Food Court.... IT SUCKS!!!!!

SoonerBoy18
05-20-2012, 08:28 PM
I still havent been to Outlets I always feel left out when Im passing it on i-40 every time Im in OKC and to hear they are expanding I feel even more left put =( lol.

betts
05-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm a big Factory Shoppe fan. I've got two designer dresses in my closet (Prada, Escada) that I bought for a fraction of the regular price. I try and avoid the made for outlet items, but if you look, you can find some really nice bargains.

metro
05-20-2012, 10:53 PM
I wish they would do something with the Food Court.... IT SUCKS!!!!!

Never really thought about it, but yeah the crappy what's left of an outlet in Gainsville had a better food court than OKCs.

NoOceanHere
05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Couldn't be Lacoste, maybe its' long ago half brother, Izod.

Snowman
05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Never really thought about it, but yeah the crappy what's left of an outlet in Gainsville had a better food court than OKCs.

Since Gainsville's mall was designed as a midpoint destination for OKC <-> Dallas/FortWorth (plus some from highway 82) it seems entirely plausible to expect more people to eat at the mall, since you then get everything out of the way in one stop and a bigger food selection could even encourage more people to stop. Here a much larger percent of people shopping are locals so less need to eat there and also the area had more options to eat nearby already for those from out of town.

bluedogok
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Couldn't be Lacoste, maybe its' long ago half brother, Izod.
I have seen Lacoste outlet stores in other outlet malls in recent years. They have been two completely separate companies since 1993.

ljbab728
07-14-2012, 12:03 AM
A big disagreement about the valuation of the property.

http://newsok.com/the-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city-protests-value-requests-court-hearing/article/3692430

I have no idea what it's worth, but really?

Larry Stein, chief deputy for the assessor's office, said the mall's value was determined by a sophisticated computer program that takes into account the property's income earning potential, location and square footage — even the class of retailers located there. When asked for a comparable property, he said there's nothing like it.

“This is a very upscale mall,” he said.

Double Edge
07-14-2012, 06:13 AM
This is a very upscale mall... if you compare them to thrift stores and Walmart.

betts
07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I just bought a previously $4,000 dress at Off Fifth for $400. That's upscale, at bargain prices, as far as I'm concerned. It's as upscale as I want to afford! Seriously, I agree that it's not upscale, but it's a fun place to shop. I've bought a suprising amount of stuff there, considering I usually avoid outlet malls like the plague.

ljbab728
07-14-2012, 09:58 PM
betts, do you think they might have had the valuation raised because it's a fun place to shop? LOL

Spartan
07-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Uh, what the TIF is the developer getting at here? I have some concerns.

Rover
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
nm

CuatrodeMayo
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Are there any plans/renderings for this addition project?

onthestrip
07-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I havent seen any renderings but Im sure its more EIFS like the rest of it. Steal is currently going up right now.

Also, steel is going up as well on the Mathis Bros sleep store, or whatever they are calling it.

bluedogok
07-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I havent seen any renderings but Im sure its more EIFS like the rest of it. Steal is currently going up right now.

Also, steel is going up as well on the Mathis Bros sleep store, or whatever they are calling it.
I thought most of it was concrete tilt-wall construction, the coatings for tilt-wall and EIFS (final coat) are similar. I know most of the ones in Central Texas are tilt-wall with stone veneer in areas but mostly they are coated.

onthestrip
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I thought most of it was concrete tilt-wall construction, the coatings for tilt-wall and EIFS (final coat) are similar. I know most of the ones in Central Texas are tilt-wall with stone veneer in areas but mostly they are coated.

From what I remember it was pretty much all structural metal studs with eifs. Don't recall a single concrete panel.

Chickenlisa
07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I live a few miles north and passed frequently during construction. It was metal studs.

kypel
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Came across this tidbit while taking a study break. Looks like we are getting a Coach Men's at the outlet - much easier to drive there from Edmond than to Allen, TX! Store Locator, Retail Locator, Factory Store Locator from Coach (http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/COAStoreLocatorWSCmd?countryCode=US&storeId=10551&catalogId=10051&searchFactory=true&radius=50&state=OK)

Mastermind
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The Kenneth Cole Outlet is finally open! I've been waiting and was absolutely worth it :) At first I thought it wasn't, because there weren't any "Grand Opening" signs or balloons anywhere around the store, but it really is a nice addition to the Outlet Shoppes. Most of the stuff in the store is 40% off too, which made my wallet quite happy :D And while I was there, I noticed a Wedgewood/Royal Doulton outlet is going to open right next door. I didn't read anything about that before, so it was a nice surprise lol And a little down there's a toy store opening soon... don't know the name, but judging by the toys all unpacked, it looks ready to open :)

jarrington00
11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Also, Driving by last week I noticed surveying stakes on a piece of land closest to the I-40 westbound exit. This week dirt work and a office/trailer is setup. Does anyone know if this is BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse? This was announced way back in March that BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse will be building an 8,300 sq. ft. restaurant in this area.

Easy180
11-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Came across this tidbit while taking a study break. Looks like we are getting a Coach Men's at the outlet - much easier to drive there from Edmond than to Allen, TX! Store Locator, Retail Locator, Factory Store Locator from Coach (http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/COAStoreLocatorWSCmd?countryCode=US&storeId=10551&catalogId=10051&searchFactory=true&radius=50&state=OK)

Coach Men's? We talking murses, briefcases etc?

jarrington00
11-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Also, Driving by last week I noticed surveying stakes on a piece of land closest to the I-40 westbound exit. This week dirt work and a office/trailer is setup. Does anyone know if this is BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse? This was announced way back in March that BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse will be building an 8,300 sq. ft. restaurant in this area.

I'm now almost 100% sure it's going to be BJ's. Terra Nova Industries (http://terranova-ind.com/) is the general contractor listed on permits filed this month. They're the same contractor used on the BJ's in Norman.

ljbab728
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
The next addition is in the works.

Developers are laying out plans for a second addition and expect to begin marketing it next month. Gina Slechta, a spokeswoman for Horizon Group, said her office received numerous calls from retailers interested in opening in the mall after reading about the opening of phase two.

New retailers open at The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/new-retailers-open-at-the-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city/article/3727233)

Plutonic Panda
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Are they ever going to do anything to rebuild the Entry/Exits from I-40 and the surrounding roads? They also should do some landscaping or something to beautify the area.

Mastermind
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Are they ever going to do anything to rebuild the Entry/Exits from I-40 and the surrounding roads? They also should do some landscaping or something to beautify the area.

I hope so. And when I was there the other day, litter was a big problem. The mall owners really should focus a little more on the upkeep instead of obsessing with trying to constantly expand..
But speaking of which, how farfetched is it to have a movie theater at the Outlets? The closest theater is the one at Penn Square, right? And I would assume that may be far for a lot of people so.. Instead of bringing in more retailers, they should consider that too...

ljbab728
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I hope so. And when I was there the other day, litter was a big problem. The mall owners really should focus a little more on the upkeep instead of obsessing with trying to constantly expand..
But speaking of which, how farfetched is it to have a movie theater at the Outlets? The closest theater is the one at Penn Square, right? And I would assume that may be far for a lot of people so.. Instead of bringing in more retailers, they should consider that too...

They have started on one expansion. How is that obsessing on constant expansion? Even if upkeep could be improved, I doubt that they decided to let the trash go so they could think about adding more buildings. It's possible that a movie theater could succeed there but I think Yukon is closer than Penn Square.
The Outlet Mall has been fabulously successful so I think they may have a clue about what they're doing.

bombermwc
12-11-2012, 06:56 AM
It's too fricking cold to go shop there. It's HIGHLY annoying having to take your coat on and off (and especially when you have small children to do that for as well) between each shop. I really wish they had made this into an indoor facility for that reason. Then later in the year, it's gonna be so hot too. We don't live in southern california or florida here folks.

On the plus side, the mall does really have some good options. And it is far less crowded (for those reasons above) than Penn. And they're still doing expansion around the mall. BJ's is building on the out-parcel. Mathis Brothers (weird) built a matress store as well. There's still plenty of room for other things. And even being that close to Westgate, which is really filling in well these days), the variety of shopping in that 2 mile stretch has changed SOOOOO much in the last 10 years, it's quite astonishing.

catch22
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM
It's too fricking cold to go shop there. It's HIGHLY annoying having to take your coat on and off (and especially when you have small children to do that for as well) between each shop. I really wish they had made this into an indoor facility for that reason. Then later in the year, it's gonna be so hot too. We don't live in southern california or florida here folks.

On the plus side, the mall does really have some good options. And it is far less crowded (for those reasons above) than Penn. And they're still doing expansion around the mall. BJ's is building on the out-parcel. Mathis Brothers (weird) built a matress store as well. There's still plenty of room for other things. And even being that close to Westgate, which is really filling in well these days), the variety of shopping in that 2 mile stretch has changed SOOOOO much in the last 10 years, it's quite astonishing.

Does the Outlet Mall have a cheese store?

mcca7596
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
...the variety of shopping in that 2 mile stretch has changed SOOOOO much in the last 10 years, it's quite astonishing.

The real growth will be when a 1 mile stretch sees double the amount of development in 5 years or less, which is not uncommon for other metros OKC's size and bigger.

Plutonic Panda
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Does the Outlet Mall have a cheese store?I don't get it

Buffalo Bill
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't get it

..to go along with the whine.

adaniel
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Wow, a bit dramatic? It is not that cold here save for 2 or 3 times a year; a light jacket will do 90% of the time during winter. Obviously a lot of people cope just fine with this mall. There are plenty of places like this thriving outside of SoCal or Florida.

The real growth will be when a 1 mile stretch sees double the amount of development in 5 years or less, which is not uncommon for other metros OKC's size and bigger.

And then said 1 mile stretch will be half empty 5 years later, when the next "hot area" is built up, which is far more common for other metro's.

onthestrip
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Then maybe dont go? You do know that at least 95% of retail shopping in OKC is in outdoor centers, right? And the outlet mall likely wouldnt exist if they had to build an indoor mall.

Also funny you complain about the cold on the very first day that we have had any cold weather. The previous 4 months have been quite pleasant shopping weather, mabye should have gone then.

bombermwc
12-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Then maybe dont go? You do know that at least 95% of retail shopping in OKC is in outdoor centers, right? And the outlet mall likely wouldnt exist if they had to build an indoor mall.

Also funny you complain about the cold on the very first day that we have had any cold weather. The previous 4 months have been quite pleasant shopping weather, mabye should have gone then.

Well first off, you're talking to the walking choir here....so i'm used to it....and taking my kids too, so you don't really know what you're saying. Second of all, most shopping outdoors in OKC is strip-center type shopping. So most people park right outside the shop and walk in/out. They don't walk around the whole center like I do. Just go find some of the pedestrian threads where we've beat that dead horse to find my stance on it.

Secondly, 2 or three times a year and then a light jacket huh? So those 3 months out of the year when it's 40 or less on average doesn't count huh? I'll 100% bet you that if you go to this mall in January, it will be very light in traffic. If you go to Penn, it will not be light.....keeping size in context. Something you'll see is that during the day, stay-at-home moms will go to Penn, but they won't go to Factory during the cold months.

And if you looked at my comments at all, you'll see how i was also complementary to the mall. My only gripe is it is outdoors. Remember also, Penn used to be outdoors and they brought it in. So I'm not the lone opinion on that.

metro
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM

I agree the upkeep is poor, they rarely mow the grass near the entry. Regarding the theater, Yukon has two a few miles west.

HangryHippo
12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
The newest theatre out in Yukon is disgusting. The quality of that place is just really awful.

Mastermind
12-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I agree the upkeep is poor, they rarely mow the grass near the entry. Regarding the theater, Yukon has two a few miles west.

Oh I didn't know about the Yukon theatres (it's only been a year since I moved to OKC sorry to be a newb everyone :p ). I mean Quail and Penn have a theater, so I was just thinking maybe the Outlets could do that too... And sorry if I offended you ljbab728 :(

Jon27
12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Oh I didn't know about the Yukon theatres (it's only been a year since I moved to OKC sorry to be a newb everyone :p ). I mean Quail and Penn have a theater, so I was just thinking maybe the Outlets could do that too... And sorry if I offended you ljbab728 :(

It would be fair to call Yukon's theater an outlet mall theater. :Smiley181

bchris02
12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
I would say the west side could use a theater. If I lived out by the Outlets, Bricktown would probably be my option. I think there is enough people on that side of the metro to support a theater, especially since it would probably be of much higher quality than the one in Yukon. The OKC metro is saturated with theaters, but there really is only a few quality ones, those being Bricktown, Quail Springs AMC, and the Warren in Moore.

ljbab728
12-15-2012, 12:29 AM

LOL, that doesn't come close to offending me.