View Full Version : Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

jbkrems
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Nordstrom Rack does not always go into Outlet Malls. I've seen them in regular malls, in regular strip centers, and in other "normal" places outside of an outlet mall, in Dallas, and in St. Louis.

soonerliberal
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
No, Dillards could go back to ONE anchor spot instead of two.

Dillards > JCPenney

Yes, the second Dillards should go to a second higher end department store, but Nordstrom could fit very well in the JCPenney space as the first entry in the OKC market.

Nordstrom Rack does not always go into Outlet Malls. I've seen them in regular malls, in regular strip centers, and in other "normal" places outside of an outlet mall, in Dallas, and in St. Louis.

The same is the case with Virginia and Maryland. They are often seen in strip malls with stores like Barnes and Noble, Michaels, and World Market.

HOT ROD
01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
There are currently no plans for any Nordstrom Full Line store openings. However, we are studying various markets including Oklahoma City for possible Rack openings. There is nothing concrete on the table, such as the outlet mall. And as was already noted, Rack is not the outlet for Nordstrom FLS - it is more a 'self-service' concept where you will still find many of the brands and labels in FLS. The major difference is Rack is self-service and non-commissioned, and typically the lines are value oriented. The target customer is primarily the urban young urban professional shopper who typically do not have time nor desire to be pampered but still expects the quality brands and selection that Nordstrom is known for.

As such, we tend to locate Racks to fit these demographics - and I'd suspect OKC might get one in/near downtown in the near-future (like MidTown, OKC Town Center, or Core2Shore, maybe Classen Curve/NHP) once the city develops retail space.

Rack has been a huge growth entity for us, and while expansion is slowing down I don't see us NOT goeing into OKC once the right development takes shape.

oneforone
01-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Penn Square could easily plug another anchor if they built out into the parking lot on the southside of the mall. You could build out to the front corner of the west Dillards store. Have Dillards move into the East Store as one store. Put the new anchor on what was the old Dillard's store. Expand the parking garage out and around or build another garage on the NW side by Macy's. In the end the mall gets another anchor and newly designed entrance in between the new anchor and the renovated Dillard's store.

metro
01-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Penn Square could easily plug another anchor if they built out into the parking lot on the southside of the mall. You could build out to the front corner of the west Dillards store. Have Dillards move into the East Store as one store. Put the new anchor on what was the old Dillard's store. Expand the parking garage out and around or build another garage on the NW side by Macy's. In the end the mall gets another anchor and newly designed entrance in between the new anchor and the renovated Dillard's store.

H, why not make it simple and build NORTH. There is plenty of vacant land north of the mall.

bluedogok
01-28-2012, 09:16 PM
The same is the case with Virginia and Maryland. They are often seen in strip malls with stores like Barnes and Noble, Michaels, and World Market.
That is the same in Austin, with the same stores listed as is the San Antonio location. None of the locations in Colorado are in an outlet mall that I can tell.

The Austin Neiman Market Last Call is a couple of miles away in another strip mall, they also have a location at the San Marcos Outlet Mall. The Denver area location is in the Colorado Mills outlet center.

Soonerman
01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
The Austin Neiman Market Last Call is a couple of miles away in another strip mall, they also have a location at the San Marcos Outlet Mall. The Denver area location is in the Colorado Mills outlet center.

They also have one at Grapevine Mills as well.

BoulderSooner
03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
BJ's is going in just west of the outlet shops. Their ABC-2 overlay is on the planning commission docket this week

lasomeday
03-03-2012, 12:15 PM
BJ's is going in just west of the outlet shops. Their ABC-2 overlay is on the planning commission docket this week

Is that they only one on the list? That is so exciting. I love BJs!

jbkrems
03-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Are we talking about BJs the restaurant, the same that is on Memorial Rd near Quail and one in Norman ???

MDot
03-03-2012, 04:25 PM
I love BJs!

Me too!! Oh, wait...

redrunner
03-03-2012, 04:39 PM
i was waiting for that...

MDot
03-03-2012, 05:01 PM
i was waiting for that...

I was too but no one stepped up to the plate...

lasomeday
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I was too but no one stepped up to the plate...

Yeah, I posted it, then read it and started laughing.

jdcf
03-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Nordstrom Rack is hands down our favorite off price store. I can see several possible locations in OKC, but the outlet mall would not be among my choices.

catch22
03-09-2012, 10:46 AM
$1.4 million building permit for the outlet mall.

Is this phase 2 or something else?

7646 W RENO AVE (http://okc.gov/Access/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Permits&TabName=Permits&capID1=12BRE&capID2=00000&capID3=01831&agencyCode=OKC&IsToShowInspection=)

mcca7596
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
$1.4 million building permit for the outlet mall.

Is this phase 2 or something else?

7646 W RENO AVE (http://okc.gov/Access/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Permits&TabName=Permits&capID1=12BRE&capID2=00000&capID3=01831&agencyCode=OKC&IsToShowInspection=)

Horizon Group is the owner, so I guess it's not just an outparcel restaurant or something. But $1.4 million seems a little low, even for a building the size of one of the SE or SW grass lots (which is where phase 2 is to be)

BoulderSooner
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
very likely is the BJ's building ...

onthestrip
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
A month or so back in the land sales in the Oklahoman there was a deal for about a million for an LLC that appeared to have a name that would suggest it was a hotel. Hadnt heard anything about it since though.

ljbab728
03-09-2012, 10:39 PM
A month or so back in the land sales in the Oklahoman there was a deal for about a million for an LLC that appeared to have a name that would suggest it was a hotel. Hadnt heard anything about it since though.

The application states that the construction type is "Stores and Customer Service". Would a hotel qualify under that category? It also says it will be a shell building which doesn't sound much like a hotel.

catch22
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Shell's are normally retail or office that is built out by the tenant.

Larry OKC
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Shell's are normally gas stations...oh, you mean THAT kind of shell..LOL

kevinpate
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
one story, 29,164 sq ft shell structure. Doesn't sound like a motel. Maybe space for another baker's dozen of retail shoppes?

warreng88
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Outlet mall’s success spurs growth
By Brianna Bailey
Journal Record
Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
Posted: 06:13 PM Thursday, March 15, 2012

OKLAHOMA CITY – New retail activity is beginning to heat up around the Horizon Group Properties outlet mall at Interstate 40 and Council Road.

Sales at the 330,000-square-foot Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City have exceeded initial projects since it opened in August and now the mall developers are poised to begin construction the second phase of the mall.

A national restaurant group looking at opening several spots in the region recently contacted the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber about possible locations and is considering the outlet mall as a possible site, said Alison Oshel, a retail expert for the chamber.

“The low-hanging fruit is probably restaurants and we’ll probably have some interest from hotels, too,” Oshel said.

Oklahoma City-based furniture retailer Mathis Brothers purchased a one-acre pad site to the east of the outlet mall for $522,000 in December. The company plans to break ground on a new 12,000-square-foot Sleep Studio store in the next 30 days that will be open this summer, said Kerry Tramel, a manager for Mathis Brothers.

“That’s a very vibrant area and we don’t see that going away anytime soon,” Tramel said. “You’ve got more traffic going through there on any given day than traditional shopping areas.”

National chain BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse also has plan to open a 8,300-square-foot restaurant on a pad site just to the southeast of the main mall, according to Oklahoma City Planning Commission records.

Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City spokeswoman Gina Slechta this week declined divulge details about the second phase of construction at the mall.

However, Adams and Associates, the North Carolina-based architectural firm that designed the first phase of the retail center, applied for a building permit on March 9 to construct a 29,164-square foot retail building at the outlet mall site. The architectural firm put the cost of construction at $1.4 million, according to city records.

Combined with several pad sites surrounding the mall site that is being marketed for sale, there is room for an addition 60,000 square feet of retail space around the outlet mall.

The pad sites are being marketed by Chattanooga, Tenn.-based CBL & Associates Properties Inc., which partnered with Horizon Group Properties on the development of the main mall.

Oklahoma City originally projected the outlet mall, which opened in August, would generate about $44 million in sales by the end of 2011, but the mall racked up $66.4 million in sales through the end of December, according to a city report.

http://journalrecord.com/2012/03/15/outlet-mall’s-success-spurs-growth-real-estate/

poe
03-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Nice. I'm glad BJ's is building out there.

catch22
03-16-2012, 07:03 AM
A national restaurant group looking at opening several spots in the region recently contacted the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber about possible locations and is considering the outlet mall as a possible site, said Alison Oshel, a retail expert for the chamber.

I wonder if this is In N Out Burger?

metro
03-16-2012, 07:08 AM

Good point. Otherwise, I can't think why a restaurant chain would remain silent, it's not like it's high-end retail.

jarrington00
03-16-2012, 09:03 AM
National chain BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse also has plan to open a 8,300-square-foot restaurant on a pad site just to the southeast of the main mall, according to Oklahoma City Planning Commission records.

I don't think there is any room southeast of the main mall. The only land there is for Mall expansion.

Bailey80
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't think there is any room southeast of the main mall. The only land there is for Mall expansion.

It's to the southwest of the mall. I have corrected the story online to reflect this.

mcca7596
03-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Can In-N-Out really be considered a national chain yet? They have very little advertising and are still limited to just CA, AZ, NV, UT, and TX.

I hope the quality can stay the same if they keep expanding. For those who have had it on the west coast (the only place I have) and in Texas, is there a noticable difference between the TX stores and the others?

catch22
03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Can In-N-Out really be considered a national chain yet? They have very little advertising and are still limited to just CA, AZ, NV, UT, and TX.

I hope the quality can stay the same if they keep expanding. For those who have had it on the west coast (the only place I have) and in Texas, is there a noticable difference between the TX stores and the others?

I'm just thinking of places we don't have. In-N-Out is in expansion mode, and they did put a distribution center in Dallas. Our list of outside chains that we don't yet have has been shrinking the past few years with Jack In The Box, Smashburger, Qdoba, Five Guys, etc. entering the market rather recently. What other prominent chains are we missing? Help.

traemac
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM

The fries in Texas suck

sooner88
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
In-N-Out is a definite possibility. They require all stores to be within a certain distance (can't remember exactly) from their distribution center and Norman and Oklahoma City fall within area.

mcca7596
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
The fries in Texas suck

Are you saying compared to ones you've had in CA, AZ, etc... or do you just not like thin cut fries?

progressiveboy
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM

I hope the quality can stay the same if they keep expanding. For those who have had it on the west coast (the only place I have) and in Texas, is there a noticable difference between the TX stores and the others? Maybe perhaps a "regional" chain.

catch22
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
The article specifically mentioned a national restaurant group.

onthestrip
03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Can we stop with the In N Out speculation? One sentence about a national restaurant and now everyone thinks its an In N Out.

Bailey80
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
The fries in Texas suck

As a former Southern California resident speaking here, I can tell you that the fries at In-N-Out are notoriously bad. That's why you have to order them "animal style."

http://www.badmouth.net/content/uploads/2010/09/Animal_Style_Fries.jpg

traemac
03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
As a former Southern California resident speaking here, I can tell you that the fries at In-N-Out are notoriously bad. That's why you have to order them "animal style."

I use to work in cali so i have ate my fair share and they arent horrible out there, but in texas ive tried them extra crispy, regular and animal style and none of the ways have helped

betts
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Yuck. I'm spoiled by Tucker's fries. The best around, IMO.

catch22
03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Can we stop with the In N Out speculation? One sentence about a national restaurant and now everyone thinks its an In N Out.

I already asked for a list of national restaurant chains (particularly of the fast-casual, fast-food concepts -- as that is what fits the mall location) that we don't have in the market. This was the first that popped up in my mind, my apologies, I will PM you next time before I post to make sure I have your approval.

SoonerQueen
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm just thinking of places we don't have. In-N-Out is in expansion mode, and they did put a distribution center in Dallas. Our list of outside chains that we don't yet have has been shrinking the past few years with Jack In The Box, Smashburger, Qdoba, Five Guys, etc. entering the market rather recently. What other prominent chains are we missing? Help.

Bob Evans, Village Inn Pancake house,In-N-Out,Boston Market,Carrabba's Italian Grill, just a few that I can think of that I would like to have here.

lasomeday
03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I think I remember Olive Garden was looking at going in there.

metro
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Bob Evans, Village Inn Pancake house,In-N-Out,Boston Market,Carrabba's Italian Grill, just a few that I can think of that I would like to have here.

Sadly, we used to have Boston market and Village Inn,, but lost them about 5 years ago.

OKCDrummer77
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
We has a Carrabba's for a couple of years, too. Fuddruckers is another one I would like to see here. We almost got one back in 2006, but that fell through.

rcjunkie
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
We has a Carrabba's for a couple of years, too. Fuddruckers is another one I would like to see here. We almost got one back in 2006, but that fell through.

We had Fuddruckers years ago. I ate t the one in Tulsa on Wednesday, was less then impressed.

metro
03-16-2012, 10:10 PM
We had Fuddruckers years ago. I ate t the one in Tulsa on Wednesday, was less then impressed.

Many years ago, like early 90's or 80's.

bluedogok
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
For the most part Fuddruckers is in contraction mode, not expansion mode. They have closed several in the Austin/San Antonio area and moved their HQ from Boston to Austin on 2005 (I applied for a restaurant design/concepting position there) and then the parent company filed bankruptcy in 2010 and was eventually bought from the court by Luby's, they closed 24 stores around that time. We went there regularly from the time that I moved to Austin, over the years it definitely went downhill and we went to the "flagship" location. There have been better burger alternatives in their concept area open there in recent years, like Hopdoddy. I always liked Flakey Jakes on Northwest Expressway, Longneckers was decent as well.

We did give Five Guys a try up here in Aurora this week, it was much better than the one that we tried in Austin. It's amazing how they can vary so much from place to place. There were several places that I liked elsewhere but seemed to not be as good in Austin.

poe
03-17-2012, 06:26 AM
This area would be great for Famous Dave's to enter the Oklahoma City market.

ljbab728
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Doing well.

http://newsok.com/sales-at-the-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city-are-exceeding-expectations-city-says/article/3659655

According to the city, sales at the outlet mall exceeded $66.4 million through December, about 50 percent above the targeted $43.7 million.

OKCNDN
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I would like to see A Del Rancho in that area. Can't get one on the way home now. An Oklahoma restaurant for an Oklahoma mall.

metro
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I would like to see A Del Rancho in that area. Can't get one on the way home now. An Oklahoma restaurant for an Oklahoma mall.

I'd like to see Del Rancho modernize from 1970 before they put something up near such an attraction.

bbhill
03-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see Del Rancho modernize from 1970 before they put something up near such an attraction.

Del Rancho is the best, but yeah, they've got to hire an ad agency to modernize their platform. There's only so long you can remain "classic" before you have to modernize. Sonic has been doing a lot of interesting stuff campaign wise, however, it seems as if Sonic's already mediocre food has steadily gone downhill over the last few years. Keep the same food, update the architecture. Good to go.

jn1780
03-26-2012, 04:57 PM

I don't think they have even opened a new Del Rancho since the 1970's. Lol

ljbab728
03-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't think they have even opened a new Del Rancho since the 1970's. Lol

Not that it has much to do with the Outlet Mall but Del Rancho opened a location on MacArthur just north of NW 50th within the last year.

betts
03-27-2012, 08:46 AM
If you shop the sales at the Outlet Mall, there are some unbelievable bargains. I'm not much for buying made for outlet mall items, but when you can get designer clothing for a fraction of the price, I'm all about shopping there. Off Fifth has some pretty incredible bargains.

Roadhawg
03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Since I can wear jeans and a polo shirt to work I don't go to the malls much, I used to have to do the suit and tie routine. I may have to hit up Oshkosh for some painters pants and see if they have a kitchen store.

Ugh... just saw where Oshkosh was listed under children's wear... so much for that idea

corpsman
03-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Try Roundhouse for overalls or Dickies for the no bib look
Since I can wear jeans and a polo shirt to work I don't go to the malls much, I used to have to do the suit and tie routine. I may have to hit up Oshkosh for some painters pants and see if they have a kitchen store.

Ugh... just saw where Oshkosh was listed under children's wear... so much for that idea

Larry OKC
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Those look pretty tasty (but messy)...LOL

bbhill
04-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I had In n out for the first time in Dallas a few weeks ago and was largely unimpressed. I'd take another Five Guys or Smash any day. Seeing as how there's already a smashburger inside the outlet I doubt we'll see much. . . I'd like to see a cajun place like Razzoo's or something in the area.