View Full Version : Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

ljbab728
07-14-2011, 11:41 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-outlet-mall-a-cant-miss-in-more-ways-than-one/article/3585828?custom_click=lead_story_title

Jesseda
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM
the crossroads zombies seem to be on strike until their demands are meet, last I heard was they are trying to form a union, if that falls apart they will be heading over to the southern hills plaza shopping center, just fyi

Larry OKC
07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
zombies....form a union....falls apart

There HAS to be a good joke in their somewhere LOL

Double Edge
07-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Light poles look to be in their final positions. I guess the one previous pole configuration and base was temporary for the short time they used the one lane of Reno for two way traffic. It's gone now and this one is on a different base. So there's the old base still needed to be removed from the new turn lane, the new base the other new pole light was on, empty now, and this new pole and base.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg839/scaled.php?server=839&filename=polew.jpg&res=medium

metro
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I wonder if that Braums and the other fast food joints get a much needed facelift soon, thanks to the opening of the outlet mall.

Double Edge
07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks to the new outlet mall road construction, I'm surprised they haven't all closed their doors. Can't even begin to imagine how much this cost Braums. Their main entrance has been shut down for months, traffic in that little section of Council northbound is impossible. No one in their right mind would try to get in and out of the place. I wonder how many years and how much increased business it will take for them to break even, if they ever do?

lasomeday
07-19-2011, 02:27 PM
DE, have they opened Reno up to all four lanes instead of just two at that intersection yet?

jn1780
07-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the braums is completely rebuilt soon.

Double Edge
07-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Eastbound Reno approaching the intersection and northbound Council between I-40 and Reno are currently one lane with a left turn lane. Westbound and southbound are two lanes with a left turn lane.

Jesseda
07-19-2011, 08:14 PM
rickys cafe announceed that they are building a new restaurant next to the outlet mall, called rickys tacos! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=135304379886749&set=a.112912185459302.25848.100002215642047&type=1&theater

Larry OKC
07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
If Braums was going to do that (not saying they aren't/won't), seems the best time would have been while they were essentially shut down anyway.

Didn't Ricky's close 2 of their locations? They had one up on Memorial in an old Burger King (across the street from taco Bueno. never made it into a Rickys yet.

ljbab728
07-19-2011, 11:32 PM
If Braums was going to do that (not saying they aren't/won't), seems the best time would have been while they were essentially shut down anyway.

Didn't Ricky's close 2 of their locations? They had one up on Memorial in an old Burger King (across the street from taco Bueno. never made it into a Rickys yet.

That Braums added on a Fresh Market section a few years ago. I don't know if that would affect any remodeling plans but it was upgraded previously.

mcca7596
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Every time I drove by in the morning, at lunch, and in the afternoon this past school year, there were a fair to large amount of vehicles in Braum's parking lot. I don't think they came close to shutting down.

Double Edge
07-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I can say the opposite. I went by there many a time, prime time, especially rush hour and the lot was empty. Their main entrance off Council is closed still. Getting on and off Council in the one lane between I-40 and Council is and has been a nightmare. You can only access it by cutting through the Shell lot which is also a nightmare; or access off Reno, which was also closed, down to one lane part of the time. And then you have to drive a mile farther to turn around to come back to the Reno Council intersection or go another direction. Much of the usual Council traffic has spilled to Rockwell and Morgan to avoid the Council intersection altogether so whatever that traffic might have brought went with the construction. Good thing it wasn't a sole proprietor at that location.

lasomeday
07-20-2011, 11:49 AM
DE, I don't think any of the traffic has diverted to Morgan. That area is a mess with the construction on the interstate and having little on and off ramp to merge onto the highway. I think it is all going to Rockwell.

Double Edge
07-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I've gone to Morgan and doubled back a number of times when I forgot to exit Rockwell. I have an employee that lives west of Council at 10th and diverts to Morgan or Rockwell, depending.

edit to add: Good news. Construction will be over soon but like most road construction, it would have been a lot sooner if it had been manned properly, which it wasn't. Many days there were no crews working and many days there were a couple people working on one corner with all four shut down.

SkyWestOKC
07-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Drove by today. Looking good. Can't wait for it to open.

Dustin
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QQ3AyA3eHg&feature=share

kelly73099
07-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Preview party to benefit the Children's Hospital Foundation
http://www.childrenshospitalfoundation.net/events/shopping-with-chf/

Richard at Remax
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm actually attending the preparty, hopefully I can get my hands on some good stuff before it is all picked over on the weekend

Jettmiester
08-03-2011, 12:05 AM
So, when does it open?? or is it already? I am off Wednesday, and may go after I hit the gym.

ljbab728
08-03-2011, 12:27 AM
So, when does it open?? or is it already? I am off Wednesday, and may go after I hit the gym.

It's opening on Friday, August 5th.

Jettmiester
08-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks! Wow, Thought they would open a few days earlier to work any kinks out before the big weekend.

Larry OKC
08-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Think that is where the preview party comes in, see previous page (but may be by invite only)

Jettmiester
08-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Found it:

Join us to celebrate this private Opening Party on August 4, 2011 from 6:00 to 9:00pm. The public is welcome to come and enjoy entertainment, food and shopping while supporting CHF. Individual and group tickets are available through the CHF office for $10 or $15 at the door. Pre-sold corporate tickets are encouraged. Please contact Jennifer Patterson by phone at (405)271-2207 or e-mail at jennifer-n-patterson@ouhsc.edu. A list of the Shoppes AT I-40 and Council Road to browse follows:

Still confused though. How is it private, but open to the public at the same time? Just because there is an admission fee?

Larry OKC
08-03-2011, 02:51 AM
That's the way i read it. Sounds like a charity fund raiser thing. Consider it a cover charge. But it sounds like besides the advance shopping privlege, you also get some sort of food and entertainment for the $10-$15. I would imagine it will be much less crowded than on the official opening day and may be well worth it. But factor in the tax free part doesn't kick in yet...

poe
08-03-2011, 05:15 AM
The commercial for the opening has started rotation in Amarillo. I saw it last night during Wipeout.

metro
08-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I know the ad agency for this account, I will ask for clarification and report back, but yes, I do know the charity fundraiser is open to the public tomorrow night.

MikeLucky
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
It's private to people that pay the fee.... lol. They are emphasizing the "private" aspect to create exclusivity, and thus, increase interest.

Spartan
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey Wichita Sooner, are you guys getting commercials up there as well?

OKCNDN
08-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I drove by today. Looks good though there will surely be some landscaping work to be completed after opening, just like I thought.

Is the construction at Reno and Council completed yet?

okcfollower
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
So how busy do yall expect this place to be at 8am tomorrow? Will it be packed at 8am??

Double Edge
08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I drove by today. Looks good though there will surely be some landscaping work to be completed after opening, just like I thought.

Is the construction at Reno and Council completed yet?

The new right turn lane northbound and the lane you would turn onto Reno eastbound were still closed when I came through there around 5PM.

Larry OKC
08-04-2011, 08:12 PM
So how busy do yall expect this place to be at 8am tomorrow? Will it be packed at 8am??
i would say friday @ 8 am would be the best bet to avoid the masses for the opening weekend. With it being a Friday and school being back in. But wouldn't be surprised if it was very packed even then. But all bets are off around 5 pm all the way thru sun night. I may go out there in the morning if i think about it. if not will probably wait until a weekday again. the advantage to this Friday is the tax free element for qualifying items.

Richard at Remax
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I went to the opening tonight. spent a lot of money at nike and polo store. manager at polo said they met their quota for the night within the first 15 minutes. Cool place, easy to navigate, open walkways and areas. Store selection was nice. Saw a long line of women waiting to get in the coach store. Parking will probably be an issue, people were parking on grass all around the property. Overall cool place, will be back when the novelty wears off.

Larry OKC
08-04-2011, 09:56 PM
In the first 15 minutes? Dang! These stores may be empty by Sunday night!

Not much more there but, read more: http://newsok.com/outlet-shoppes-preview-night-attracts-thousands/article/3591769#ixzz1U7qT0e9J

An estimated 2,800 people bought tickets to shop before Friday's grand opening, raising more than $25,000 for Children's Hospital Foundation.

betts
08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Nice chunk of change for MAPS, I suspect.

Larry OKC
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
For the Preview, for sure, but during the Tax Free part of the weekend (on qualifying items), not as much. Or do cities get reimbursed by the State for that amount? I can't recall...

rcjunkie
08-04-2011, 11:06 PM
For the Preview, for sure, but during the Tax Free part of the weekend (on qualifying items), not as much. Or do cities get reimbursed by the State for that amount? I can't recall...

They don't get reimbursed, but maybe they'll buy things that aren't included in the "tax free" promotion.

ljbab728
08-04-2011, 11:25 PM
They don't get reimbursed, but maybe they'll buy things that aren't included in the "tax free" promotion.

And maybe they'll decide that it's a neat place to shop and will come back when it's no longer tax free.

Larry OKC
08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Nice article by Steve:
http://newsok.com/how-the-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city-beats-the-odds/article/3591770?custom_click=pod_headline_business

Larry OKC
08-04-2011, 11:57 PM
I couldn't find info on the Tax Commission Site about reimbursement one way or the other but did find this from a recent article (also found it in the State Statute):

While no tax is charged on those items, cities and counties won’t lose out on that revenue. The Oklahoma Tax Commission will reimburse all county or city sales taxes during the three-day event.so it looks like Betts is right!

Jettmiester
08-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Think I'll wait to visit as well when the newness wears off. And not everything is tax free this weekend.

onthestrip
08-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Tax free weekend is a little overrated IMO. Sure it's a discount but I'm not sure it's worth the crowds that you get. I mean, how many have rushed to the mall because you saw an ad touting 8% off everything? Several weekends throughout the year you can go to department stores and find many things at 50% off

MikeLucky
08-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Wichita Sooner, are you guys getting commercials up there as well?

I actually haven't lived in Wichita for 10 years now... lol. I live in Noble. BUT, my folks still live in ICT... I'll ask them about it.

Double Edge
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
I drove past there at 9am. Paved parking is full, dirt parking appears to be near full. Some people seem to be parking on side streets east of there.

They have employees parking across the street at the east end of the old ATT plant. Reno is backed up nearly to Rockwell in the right lane that turns into the Shoppes. Did not see if Council is backed up onto interstate or not but the intersection is fully open and there is steady stream of people making the turn off Council from that direction.

And an ambulance pulled out of there onto Reno behind me with lights and siren on.

Looks like they will have a smashing opening.

Larry OKC
08-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Think I'll wait to visit as well when the newness wears off. And not everything is tax free this weekend.
That is correct, there is a list of included/excluded items over on the Okla Tax Commission website. Think the paper printed an abbreviated list. Essentially it is clothing valued at $100 and less. School supplies are not included even though this is commonly referred to as a Back to School tax free weekend...

Larry OKC
08-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Tax free weekend is a little overrated IMO. Sure it's a discount but I'm not sure it's worth the crowds that you get. I mean, how many have rushed to the mall because you saw an ad touting 8% off everything? Several weekends throughout the year you can go to department stores and find many things at 50% off
this is true (but many retailers, not just the Outlet, are offering discounts on top of the tax free element, so it can add up). It is more about perceived value than anything else. Like you said, most won't budge if a store announced "8.375% off" but mention Tax Free and they flock to it. On the other hand, people will flock to a Store Closing liquidation sale (where they typically start with "up to" 10% off), and the parking lot will look like Christmas. But those sales often start out with higher prices (MSRP) and then you get the "up to" discount (may end up being more than what you could have gotten it for the week before or at another location of the same store that isn't closing). Have seen it happen many times.

kevinpate
08-05-2011, 11:37 AM
... School supplies are not included even though this is commonly referred to as a Back to School tax free weekend...

so so silly ... and sad.

Wishbone
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
All 3 lanes of I-40 are backed up all the way to White Water. Be prepared if you are headed towards Yukon.

adaniel
08-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Check out the North facing camera on I-40 and Meridan. Looks like a mess.

http://www.oktraffic.org/map.php?location=okc

SOONER8693
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Check out the North facing camera on I-40 and Meridan. Looks like a mess.

http://www.oktraffic.org/map.php?location=okc
It is a mess. Just got home from there. The line to pay for items in the Nike and Polo stores looked to be 45 minutes to an hour, if not longer.

Double Edge
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I wonder if they will all sell out and have to close permanently? I think I'll wait awhile and take my chances.

rcjunkie
08-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I wonder if they will all sell out and have to close permanently? I think I'll wait awhile and take my chances.

I agree, wouldn't go anywhere near the Mall, even if everything was free.

lasomeday
08-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I went right when it opened up. I got a few freebies. The Coach store ladies in line are insane! It was a 100 women long! Is a purse worth a heat stroke?

On a side note, all the stores were awesome! The food options sucked! They need a place that serves breakfast or something. I didn't stay long enough to have a smashburger, but I will soon! City Bites and Primos were doing well when I left and the Pretzel place was packed!

Polo, Nike, Underarmor, and Coach are the biggest successes!

iMAX386
08-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Went around 11am...it's chaos right now. If there's something you're interested in buying this weekend you better really really want to buy it because the cash register lines in all the major stores wrap all the way around the store a few times. To just walk through the store you have to walk through the payment lines a time or two. Coach has a huge line outside the store in the open sun just to get in.

I like a few items, but didn't care enough to wait another hour to pay for it. The one big name clothes store that had any semblance of order was J.Crew. I was surprised b/c it was pretty empty and you could walk right up to the register.

If you're going there on I40 west be prepared to wait for 30-45 minutes just to exit the highway.

Chaos:
- Polo
- Nike
- Coach
- Gap
- Saks
- The whole food court
- one of the kitchen stores

CuatrodeMayo
08-05-2011, 06:09 PM
The wife insists we go this evening...if I survive, I'll report back.

:(

Spartan
08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
I went to the Polo outlet, because I just had to, and it seemed smaller than the one in Allen? Very exciting that Dillard's no longer has a monopoly on Polo stuff in OKC..

Larry OKC
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
The wife insists we go this evening...if I survive, I'll report back.

:(
It's after midnight, guess he didn't survive....RIP

ljbab728
08-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I think I'll just pay my personal shopper to go. LOL