View Full Version : Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

redrunner
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Okay guys, let's get this back on topic. Otherwise start a new thread about public schools.

redrunner
05-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Bird's eye view of outlet shops. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210183232333779&set=a.154023004616469.31471.137215209630582&type=1&theater)

Dustin
05-06-2011, 09:20 PM
^^Fail. 3 out of 4 of the pictures are the same. Very nice view though. Excited for this place to open!

Double Edge
05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
This photo is looking west on Reno at the Council intersection. Here's my theory. The concrete base for the existing traffic lights extending across Council to control northbound Council traffic is in the footprint of the new turn lane from Reno and thus has to be replaced or moved. The new signal in question is mounted on a base about where that new light would go. The old light is probably too short to reach if it is moved and more so since they have added a turn lane from northbound Council to Westbound Reno where the control for this additional lane would need to also be on this pole.

So, I think the new signal and base are to replace this existing Northbound Council signal, but they have temporarily mounted it across Reno, perhaps because they wanted to prep and wire it but could not thread it between the utility pole and the existing signal. When they have a crane there to pull the existing signal they will rotate this one, and rotate the lights to face south.

I think they will also have to relocate the southbound Council light for the same reason, it's going to be in the new turn lane. There is a long signal pole laying on the ground on the NE side of the intersection that might be for that purpose.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2143/lightse.jpg

OKCNDN
05-08-2011, 04:51 PM
This photo is looking west on Reno at the Council intersection. Here's my theory. The concrete base for the existing traffic lights extending across Council to control northbound Council traffic is in the footprint of the new turn lane from Reno and thus has to be replaced or moved. The new signal in question is mounted on a base about where that new light would go. The old light is probably too short to reach if it is moved and more so since they have added a turn lane from northbound Council to Westbound Reno where the control for this additional lane would need to also be on this pole.

So, I think the new signal and base are to replace this existing Northbound Council signal, but they have temporarily mounted it across Reno, perhaps because they wanted to prep and wire it but could not thread it between the utility pole and the existing signal. When they have a crane there to pull the existing signal they will rotate this one, and rotate the lights to face south.

I think they will also have to relocate the southbound Council light for the same reason, it's going to be in the new turn lane. There is a long signal pole laying on the ground on the NE side of the intersection that might be for that purpose.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2143/lightse.jpg

I do not think these lights are capable of twisting. Once they go up they are in a fixed position. If the pole is twisted that could mess up the wiring inside. And the lights cannot be rotated. Even if they could be that would put the red on bottom and green on top which is not how other traffic lights are configured.

Double Edge
05-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I do not think these lights are capable of twisting. Once they go up they are in a fixed position. If the pole is twisted that could mess up the wiring inside. And the lights cannot be rotated. Even if they could be that would put the red on bottom and green on top which is not how other traffic lights are configured.

I meant they would rotate the pole. Pull the nuts off the mounting base and rotate the pole 90 degrees. Yes, the lights could not just flip over they would be upside down, since the red light is on top and burning now. So whatever has to happen to point them south. Unplug, put on the other side and plug back in, whatever.

If that's not it, what's going to control northbound traffic when they take out the existing light pole that's in the middle of the new turn lane?

Double Edge
05-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Here's another view and a blow up looking east up westbound Reno.
The near pole looks to me like it is in the path of the new turn lane you can see they are building in the distance, so that pole has to go somewhere. If the new pole is to take it's place, they would have to have slid it in between the utility pole and the existing traffic signal under the power lines. I could be wrong, of course. But there is no way they are going to make the westbound lanes of Reno eastbound with all the new turn lanes they have built and are building.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2503/lights4.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5666/light2q.jpg

redrunner
05-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I concur that the new pole just a few feet away from the existing one is meant to replace it. It will have to be rotated to the position that the current one is in once it is removed. Mystery solved.

Snowman
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Possibly, but rotating it seems more complected than sliding it under in the first place, since it has less clearance as you get farther from the pole, unless the utilities lines will be relocated in the next couple months anyway. They have built them behind others in the past when replacing poles and lights.

jn1780
05-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Possibly, but rotating it seems more complected than sliding it under in the first place, since it has less clearance as you get farther from the pole, unless the utilities lines will be relocated in the next couple months anyway. They have built them behind others in the past when replacing poles and lights.

Yeah, right now I don't think a crane can get in there to rotate it 90 degrees because of the power lines so it will probably be a little bit more complicated than just moving the whole thing all at once.

Here's my theory:

First night: take lights off new pole, remove boom, rotate new pole 90 degrees.
Second night: take down old stoplight, reinstall boom on new pole, reinstall lights.

Unless, like you said they were planning on moving the utilities, but in that case it seems like it would make more sense to just wait until the utilities were moved before putting up a new pole. The utility lines are usually the first items to be moved.

ljbab728
05-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, right now I don't think a crane can get in there to rotate it 90 degrees because of the power lines so it will probably be a little bit more complicated than just moving the whole thing all at once.

Here's my theory:

First night: take lights off new pole, remove boom, rotate new pole 90 degrees.
Second night: take down old stoplight, reinstall boom on new pole, reinstall lights.

You could be right. My theory is that they know what they're doing and have it planned out already.

OKCNDN
05-09-2011, 09:13 AM
My theory is that we all have a little bit too much free time...

Double Edge
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
My theory is that we all have a little bit too much free time...

That or the hell of the getting through this intersection is making us all a little nutty.

OKCNDN
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
In the picture of the light pole it looks like the pole is only connected to the concrete base at three points, not four. If this is correct, and it appears to be, then the pole will not be able to be turned 90 degrees but rather will only be able to be turned 120 degrees which would not be in alignment with the street.

In looking at the length of the top pole it does appear to the be right length to just turn the whole structure 90 degrees and have it as the traffic light for the northbound cars on Council. But the base of the pole just doesn't seem to allow this.

jonno
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
In the picture of the light pole it looks like the pole is only connected to the concrete base at three points, not four. If this is correct, and it appears to be, then the pole will not be able to be turned 90 degrees but rather will only be able to be turned 120 degrees which would not be in alignment with the street.

In looking at the length of the top pole it does appear to the be right length to just turn the whole structure 90 degrees and have it as the traffic light for the northbound cars on Council. But the base of the pole just doesn't seem to allow this.

It can turn 90 degrees. What you see in the photo above is two of the four anchor bolts from the drilled shaft foundation to the base of the pole. The other two bolts are not visible because the two in front are blocking the view of the two bolts in the back (all positions relative to the person that took the picture). The "anchor" in the middle is the conduit that comes up through the base and carries all the wires and ground rod connections to make the signals function.

onthestrip
05-19-2011, 04:10 PM
They announced some more stores that will be opening here. Polo, Disney, Le Creuset, BCBG, Michael Kors, Jos A Banks along with some others. Search for their Facebook page for full list. It's really an impressive lineup for what's going to be the biggest retail addition okc has seen in decades.

SkyWestOKC
05-19-2011, 04:37 PM
They announced some more stores that will be opening here. Polo, Disney, Le Creuset, BCBG, Michael Kors, Jos A Banks along with some others. Search for their Facebook page for full list. It's really an impressive lineup for what's going to be the biggest retail addition okc has seen in decades.

http://horizongroup.com/post/sections/4/Files/The_Outlet_Shoppes_at_Oklahoma_Announces_13_More_S tores.pdf

redrunner
05-19-2011, 06:05 PM

Ralph Lauren Polo, finally!

Jettmiester
05-19-2011, 06:37 PM
ralph lauren polo, finally!

i agree!

lasomeday
05-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I am really getting excited about them opening. The list of stores keeps getting better! Smashburger menu looks insane!

metro
05-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Smashburger isn't very good IMO, Five Guys is much better, as would In and Out.

lasomeday
05-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I haven't been to 5 Guys. I have been to In and Out. They are good, but they don't have Sweet Potato Fries. The menu is more diverse and looks like a bunch of stuff that I would like, so I don't just have to get a burger when I am doing my mall walking.

Larry OKC
05-20-2011, 12:07 AM
See others beat me to it but here is the Oklahoman's story...

A Disney Store Outlet is among 14 new tenants announced Thursday by Horizon Group Properties as it prepares for an August opening for the Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City.

The 65-acre center is set to open Aug. 5 with other newly announced tenants including
BCBGMAXAZRIA,
Bella Pizza,
City Bites,
Clarks/Bostonian,
DKNY,
Jos. A. Bank,
Justice,
Le Creuset,
Michael Kors,
Perry Ellis,
Polo Ralph Lauren,
Soma and
Yankee Candle.

Other previously announced designer outlet stores include Nike, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Brooks Brothers, Guess, Coach, Chico's, Banana Republic, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour, Levi's and Carters.

Read more: http://newsok.com/new-tenants-announced-for-outlet-shoppes-at-oklahoma-city/article/3569572#ixzz1MrzpYPa7

Also it looks like the tent structures are still in the design, it mentioned covered walkways towards the end of the article.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Wow - they actually got a Polo Ralph Lauren and Kors? It appears their expecting that place to be a hit. That's a pretty impressive lineup.

dcsooner
05-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Wow - they actually got a Polo Ralph Lauren and Kors? It appears their expecting that place to be a hit. That's a pretty impressive lineup.

Jos A.Bank here in the DC area is a very upscale Mens clothier. I have purchased numerous items from them, very nice.

lasomeday
05-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Have they mentioned anything about it being fully leased? It sounds like these stores may have filled it up or close to it.

Jesseda
05-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Disney store outlet, now im happy, i can christmas shop for my lil kiddos their

Debzkidz
05-20-2011, 08:43 AM
So is the Jos. A. Banks going to be an outlet store, or just another one of their regular stores, like we already have?

Jesseda
05-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I wonder if they are going to plan an expansion since the mall is now full and still 2 1/2 months from opening!!

metro
05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Jos A.Bank here in the DC area is a very upscale Mens clothier. I have purchased numerous items from them, very nice.

I wouldn't call Jos A Bank upscale, it's the gap of dress clothes, and OKC already has JOsABank

Debzkidz
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't call Jos A Bank upscale, it's the gap of dress clothes, and OKC already has JOsABank

+1.
Totally agree. My brother in law used to always tell my husband he needed to shop there. When hubby checked it out, he was not impressed. He and our sons have made a bought things there over the years, but have not been impressed with their quality at all. Seemed way overpriced for what you got.

soonerliberal
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM
[/B]

+1.
Totally agree. My brother in law used to always tell my husband he needed to shop there. When hubby checked it out, he was not impressed. He and our sons have made a bought things there over the years, but have not been impressed with their quality at all. Seemed way overpriced for what you got.

Also, every weekend you hear some obnoxious deal on TV on repeat... I think last week it was "one weekend only, buy one suit, get two free! only at joseph a. bank." Well, the previous weekend it was "One weekend only! buy one suit at regular price, get 4 shirts, and 4 ties, for FREE."

onthestrip
05-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree that Jos Banks does too many promotions and sales however I disagree with the quality. I've bought several things from there and I see no difference in their dresswear than any other brand. I find their clothes to be a great value and hardly overpriced. A year or so ago I found a khaki suit for $100 there. I do wish they could hip things up a bit.

bluedogok
05-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Smashburger isn't very good IMO, Five Guys is much better, as would In and Out.
I would disagree, I have been to Smashburger in Denver many times and it far exceeds what I have had at Five Guys here in Austin in my opinion. I've never had In-N-Out, the one that I had seen in Sacramento I never found again.

Like most food, it is all opinion and varies accordingly.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I would disagree, I have been to Smashburger in Denver many times and it far exceeds what I have had at Five Guys here in Austin in my opinion. I've never had In-N-Out, the one that I had seen in Sacramento I never found again.

Like most food, it is all opinion and varies accordingly.

Exactly. There's not a right or wrong way of recipes that are successful (like they both are) it just comes down to what the individual likes. It amazes me how so many here get so touchy about things like what pizza is better or whatever. People just like different things. It would be pretty boring otherwise. Hey, I'm going to be in Austin for a week in July - would you be up for a beer/coffee?

iMAX386
05-20-2011, 10:35 PM
The only common outlet store that I want now is Adidas. It seems like with the level of retail quality they have on board Adidas wouldn't be averse to joining if this center can afford them the square footage.

metro
05-21-2011, 09:54 AM
You'd think we'd get an Adidas store after they are official apparel of the Thunder.

progressiveboy
05-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I think if this outlet mall is successful, then maybe they need to build an anchor for Nordstrom Rack and perhaps Armani X and Kenneth Cole.

redrunner
05-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Are there even contingency plans to expand the outlet center if it becomes feasible in the future? Don't really see any room for east or west expansion.

Spartan
05-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think there is an expansion in the plans, but it's always possible that another outlet mall could set up shop across Council, similar to the San Marcos outlet setup. There's more room across I-40, also. I do think Kathy O'Conner and other people behind the deal on the city side expect to see a good amount of spin-off development here, since this outlet mall is a strategic investment for OKC to reverse the sales tax leakage to other cities, and they have plans for leveraging this into other things.

Part of the deal was contingent on the developers putting in for OKC retail marketing, similar to the marketing for Wichita when you're driving through Kansas.

Also, every weekend you hear some obnoxious deal on TV on repeat... I think last week it was "one weekend only, buy one suit, get two free! only at joseph a. bank." Well, the previous weekend it was "One weekend only! buy one suit at regular price, get 4 shirts, and 4 ties, for FREE."

Next weekend I hear they'll throw in a toaster, for FREE.

rcjunkie
05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
I've never understood the "Outlet Mall" hype, thank's to the wife, while traveling I've stopped at several so-called outlet malls and have yet to find any outlet mall bargains.

Spartan
05-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Usually they raise the "retail price" and then tack on a phony discount. The worst one I saw was the Burberry outlet in Round Rock, with all of these clueless people happily buying $200 shirts there because they didn't know any better..

iMAX386
05-21-2011, 02:16 PM
The press release from two days ago does say they have room for expansion:

The site has land available to construct an additional 60,000 sq. ft of outlet shops, and out lots for uses complementary to the center.

warreng88
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Are there even contingency plans to expand the outlet center if it becomes feasible in the future? Don't really see any room for east or west expansion.

Just drove by it today and I agree there is little room for expansion unless the take out the drainage ditch to the east and expand it that way.

bluedogok
05-21-2011, 04:58 PM
You'd think we'd get an Adidas store after they are official apparel of the Thunder.
The are the official apparel provider of the NBA, not just the Thunder.

I think if this outlet mall is successful, then maybe they need to build an anchor for Nordstrom Rack and perhaps Armani X and Kenneth Cole.
The Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call are nowhere near the outlet malls in San Marcos or Round Rock. Nordstrom Rack has two, one south a few miles from the Nordstrom store at Barton Creek Mall and one north near the current Whole Foods a couple of miles from The Domain where they have planned to add another Norstrom store. The Last Call was here in South Austin years before the full line Neiman Marcus store at The Domain.

lasomeday
05-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I've never understood the "Outlet Mall" hype, thank's to the wife, while traveling I've stopped at several so-called outlet malls and have yet to find any outlet mall bargains.

I go to them because they carry sizes that don't sell in stores. I have abnormally large feet, so I will be at the Nike store a lot buying socks!

Debzkidz
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM

My son loves to shop at the Polo outlets. They have the same stuff they sell at Dillards for way less. He likes the basic polo pullovers which sell at Dillards for something like $70. He, nor I will, spend that for a shirt. But the outlets sell the same ones for $39, and they often put them on sale for $29. Once you are on their email list they send coupons all the time for additional 10-30% off your entire purchase over a certain amount. He's been able to go the one in Hillsboro Tx and stock up on shirts, shorts and slacks and save some serious money. Same with Brooks Brothers, although they do have a line they sell specifically in their outlets as well, but even that is very nice quality at a fraction of the price of one of their regular retail stores, which we can't afford.

Double Edge
05-27-2011, 04:45 PM
They have four tent poles standing. I imagine it will have to stop being so windy before they put on the fabric. It looks like they are building a square underground concrete culvert from the center media south under the east side of Council. I guess this will connect to the new canal they built along the south property and solve the drainage problem at the Council and Reno intersection.

Since they have all traffic moving in the north lane of Reno the new light is getting used as four-way stop flasher, which might explain why they put it up in the current position, temporarily.

I also just heard they are having a job fair soon at nearby Francis Tuttle on Reno to hire around 1000 people, with 40 stores supposed to be represented there.

August is fast approaching. That makes for a tight schedule to hit for the opening, especially since a lot of stores are just now taking bids for finishes.

OKCNDN
05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
They have four tent poles standing. I imagine it will have to stop being so windy before they put on the fabric. It looks like they are building a square underground concrete culvert from the center media south under the east side of Council. I guess this will connect to the new canal they built along the south property and solve the drainage problem at the Council and Reno intersection.

Since they have all traffic moving in the north lane of Reno the new light is getting used as four-way stop flasher, which might explain why they put it up in the current position, temporarily.

I also just heard they are having a job fair soon at nearby Francis Tuttle on Reno to hire around 1000 people, with 40 stores supposed to be represented there.

August is fast approaching. That makes for a tight schedule to hit for the opening, especially since a lot of stores are just now taking bids for finishes.

As of today it's 66 days to opening. That includes final stocking and training of employees.

I have been at Sears for a couple of store openings. Once the electric and plumbing go in, the walls can be completed. Once that happens completion of the punchlist can go quickly. Still it's getting tight.

I bet there will still be some landscaping that needs to be done to the facility after it opens.

I am surprised we haven't seen a 7 day work schedule yet. I bet that comes about real quick, like within 2 weeks.

Richard at Remax
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
it's probably been discussed but will there be some sort of food court, or is it strictly shopping?

redrunner
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
it's probably been discussed but will there be some sort of food court, or is it strictly shopping?

Yes there will be a central food court.

Double Edge
05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I think I saw City Bites on the list.

This evening:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2898/awnings.jpg

circuitboard
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow the project kept it's concept drawing promise, impressive! Can't wait for it to open!

metro
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
The food tenants were mentioned a few pages back, Smashburger will be the only new chain to the metro to my knowledge, Perris Pizza is relocating from the Village.

Larry OKC
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM

From the PDF Skywest posted on the previous page Some in the shopping list may be eating but I wasn't sure):

EATING
Auntie Anne’s
Bella Pizza
City Bites
Orange Leaf Yogurt
Primo’s
Rice Garden
Smashburger

SHOPPING
Aeropostale
Banana Republic
Bass
BCBGMAXAZRIA
Bon Worth
Bose
Brooks Brothers
Carter’s Childrenswear
Chico’s
Children’s Place
Christopher & Banks
Clarks/Bostonian
Claire’s
Coach
Converse
Corningware
Dazzle Nails and Spa
Disney Store Outlet
DKNY
Dress Barn
Easy Spirit
Famous Footwear/Factory Brand Shoes
Fragrance Outlet
Gap Outlet
Gold Toe
Guess?
Gymboree
Haggar
Hanes Brands
Izod
J. Crew Factory
Johnston & Murphy
Jones New York
Jos. A. Bank
Journeys
Justice
Kasper
Kay Jewelers
Kitchen Collection
Lane Bryant
Le Creuset
Le Gourmet Chef
Levi’s
Lids
Maurices
Michael Kors
Naturalizer
Nike
Nine West
Oakley Vault
OshKosh B’Gosh
Perry Ellis
Polo Ralph Lauren
RackRoom Shoes
Reebok/Rockport
Rue 21
Saks Avenue Off Fifth
Skechers
Soma
Sunglass Hut
Talbots
Tommy Hilfiger
Ultra Diamonds
Under Armour
Uniform Outlet
US Polo Assn.
Van Heusen
Vans Outlet
Wilsons Leather
Yankee Candle
Zumiez

Patrick
06-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I will admit I'm excited about this project.

But, I do have to admit that from that picture it looks a little like a carnival or circus! Where's Bozo the clown?

Double Edge
06-04-2011, 12:41 AM
It's mos definitely not going to be on the cover of Architectural Digest.

betts
06-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Should be a great sales tax boost for OKC regardless. I don't really like outlet shopping, and I wish it had some of the even higher end stores, but there are certainly some that have piqued my interest. I'm am sure it will be a draw far outside of Oklahoma Country.

kevinpate
06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
... Where's Bozo the clown?

Out trying to find something else he can rename Oklahoma City ___ ?

metro
06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Should be a great sales tax boost for OKC regardless. I don't really like outlet shopping, and I wish it had some of the even higher end stores, but there are certainly some that have piqued my interest. I'm am sure it will be a draw far outside of Oklahoma Country.

Brooks Brothers, Coach and Saks aren't higher end?