View Full Version : Chris Paul summer camp

metro
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Here in OKC.

ProCamps (http://www.procamps.com/default.htm)

jbrown84
04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
And not New Orleans?

THAT'S INTERESTING.

metro
04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah I actually heard the commercial on the radio today. So it's not like it is old news that might be re-evaluated. Yeah it definitely will be interesting to see what New Orleaners will say about OKC about the camp even though the Hornets are moving back to New Orleans, probably not for long.

jbrown84
04-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Any chance this means Paul might be interested in making a jump to the Sonics?

Can he do that? (I wouldn't know)

Intrepid
04-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Any chance this means Paul might be interested in making a jump to the Sonics?

Can he do that? (I wouldn't know)

Not unless the Hornets trade the rights to him to the Sonics. Or he is given a release from the Hornets.

Either way, it ain't happenin'.

metro
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Isn't there a clause in a players' contract that they can opt out early but forfeit their rights to any future payments by the franchise and become a free agent? Look at Ray Allen with the Sonics, he's opting out 2 years early, giving up his pay to become a free agent.

Intrepid
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Isn't there a clause in a players' contract that they can opt out early but forfeit their rights to any future payments by the franchise and become a free agent? Look at Ray Allen with the Sonics, he's opting out 2 years early, giving up his pay to become a free agent.

That's not usually the case with rookie contracts, and I think that's what Chris Paul has at this time.

I don't claim to know about NBA contracts, but usually those types of things are negotiated after a player has been in the league for a few years. Allen has been in the league 10 years.

Saberman
04-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I think the Hornets can declare him a franchise player, then they have to meet and offers he may get from another team.

HOT ROD
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Like CP3 said, Oklahoma City is HIS city!

I too hope something could be done - for the SONICS to get CP3. He is just so great for OKC!!!

I think Bennett is doing a wonderful job to assemble a very very nice team for OKC.

But I am also glad that CP3 is really being a great ambassador for Oklahoma City and that Oklahoma City has truly embraced him!!!!

metro
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
HOT ROD, when/where did Paul say OKC is his city?? I'm all for it, but I wonder how biased the statement may have been. Did he say that IN OKC? Did he say it was better than New Orleans? He also has sponsor contracts with Chesapeake and other local companies so he is obligated to speak well of OKC. I know he loves it here, but just wondering how biased?

HOT ROD
04-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I think it was a statement he made on NBA tv and/or NEWSOK, where he said Oklahoma City was "his NBA city" and that he loved it here. This was the ONLY major metro he'd lived in other than his hometown Winston/Salem. He felt that New Orleans was a foreign place he's being forced to go to - but that his heart would always be with OKC.

He also said he'd return to the city often, to watch Blazers games and such - he just liked it here because it was where he "grew up". I would give the "statements" credibility considering he is still having a summer camp here.

Im not exactly sure where I heard that tho, but it was probably online since I dont live in OKC. You might want to try the NEWSOK Hornets archives, Can anyone else vouch for what I am saying?

And yes, it is great to have him as our ambassador - even if it is Unofficial at the moment.

mranderson
04-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I think it was a statement he made on NBA tv and/or NEWSOK, where he said Oklahoma City was "his NBA city" and that he loved it here. This was the ONLY major metro he'd lived in other than his hometown Winston/Salem. He felt that New Orleans was a foreign place he's being forced to go to - but that his heart would always be with OKC.

He also said he'd return to the city often, to watch Blazers games and such - he just liked it here because it was where he "grew up". I would give the "statements" credibility considering he is still having a summer camp here.

Im not exactly sure where I heard that tho, but it was probably online since I dont live in OKC. You might want to try the NEWSOK Hornets archives, Can anyone else vouch for what I am saying?

And yes, it is great to have him as our ambassador - even if it is Unofficial at the moment.

I will lay odds that the only time anyone see's Chris Paul in Oklahoma City is when the Hornets are in town to play the Sonics or the Sonics aquire him. Most celebrities tell people what they (the celebraty) think they (the public) wants to hear. That their city is the best they (again, the celebrity) has been in. After the lie, they say something like "let's get out of this cowtown." (said to their manager as they leave, hopefully out of listening range)

Karried
04-21-2007, 07:09 AM
He would have some very upset people after paying $200 to go to Chris Paul camp when he says he'll be there.

Heritage Hall - Oklahoma City, OKJune 18 - 21, 2007Morning Session: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Boys and Girls ages 7 - 11.Afternoon Session: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Boys and Girls ages 12 - 18. Oklahoma City University - Oklahoma City, OKJune 19 - 22, 2007Morning Session: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Boys and Girls ages 7 - 11.Afternoon Session: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Boys and Girls ages 12 - 18.

Cost: $199 ($6 online and credit card convenience fee not included)

Each Camper Receives • Camp T-Shirt • Official Camp Basketball • An autographed Chris Paul Youth Basketball Camp Photo

• Interaction with Chris Paul

• 14 Hours of Expert Instruction • Opportunity to Win Contests and Prizes • A Fun and Educational Experience Guaranteed!

Instructional Lectures
Chris, among others, will give daily lectures highlighting the finer points of the game of basketball and beyond. Parents and guests will be able to listen to Chris and camp guests in designated areas at each location.

JavaDaves
04-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Too bad he picked that snobby school to go to.

jman253
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I thought it to be funny that several of the players and coach Scott kept there houses here in OKC. I think they will be back. I think they will go to NOLA (cuz they kinda have to) to say they gave it a shot and then they will allow them to come back to OKC in 2008-2009.

John
05-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I will lay odds that the only time anyone see's Chris Paul in Oklahoma City is when the Hornets are in town to play the Sonics or the Sonics aquire him. Most celebrities tell people what they (the celebraty) think they (the public) wants to hear. That their city is the best they (again, the celebrity) has been in. After the lie, they say something like "let's get out of this cowtown." (said to their manager as they leave, hopefully out of listening range)

I know Chris personally. You couldn't be more wrong.

metro
05-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Are anyone's kids going to this??

mranderson
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I know Chris personally. You couldn't be more wrong.

You may know him, however, most celebrities do, in fact, tell the people of cities like Oklahoma City what they, the celebrity thinks the citizens want to hear... Then behind their backs, they bad mouth the place never to return willingly.

ksearls
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes Metro, my son and a few of his friends are attending the sessions at Heritage Hall. They are looking forward to it!

metro
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
let us know how it goes kim

John
05-27-2007, 02:18 PM
You may know him, however, most celebrities do, in fact, tell the people of cities like Oklahoma City what they, the celebrity thinks the citizens want to hear... Then behind their backs, they bad mouth the place never to return willingly.

I don't just know him. He's a good friend of mine. Chris isn't the kind of kid to do that. Trust me.

mranderson
05-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't just know him. He's a good friend of mine. Chris isn't the kind of kid to do that. Trust me.

He might be "a good friend," however, my poiunt stands. I have many "good friends" who are celebrities, however, that does not mean they like certain cities that they claim to like.

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Anderson, Instead of being jealous of Chris Paul you could just create your own Mr. Anderson summer camp.

Easy180
05-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I would love to see which of his celebrity friends would be the headliner

Appearing from 4 to 7....A cousin of the Mathis Brothers :Smiley036

mranderson
05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Anderson, Instead of being jealous of Chris Paul you could just create your own Mr. Anderson summer camp.

I am not jealous of anyone. As an umpire once said many years ago, "I calls 'em as I see's em'."