View Full Version : Good Bye OKCTalk

Todd
04-06-2007, 03:14 PM
I would like to say good bye to all my friends at OKCTalk.

The site has officially sold and will change hands in the next few hours. I truly believe the new owner will do wonderful things for the site and keep OKCTalk one of the best community based forums on the net.

I'll leave it up to the new owner to reveal themeselves in the time frame of their choosing. They have been a valuable contributing member for several years, and I think you will be pleased.

I have requested my account be deleted this weekend to allow the new owner a fresh start and remove all references of past ownership.

I would particularly like to thank the individuals below who have been with me almost from the start. I consider you all close friends and wish you well.

Patrick - You've always been my number one man.
Keith - Thanks for being a good friend.
Karried - Always had my back and I appreciate it!
Doug Loudenback - Supported this site financially and with wisdom.
MrAnderson - Controversial at times, but you've always been there.
writerranger - Your insights have helped more than you'll ever know.

Good Bye Everybody,

Todd

Karried
04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Todd!! Thank you for everything you've done over the years! Without you, none of this would have been possible.. you have sacrificed so much!

I sincerely wish you and your family all the best. Please keep in touch and don't be a stranger... (wiping tears as I type)

PUGalicious
04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Todd, thank you for all you've done and the wonderful site you created. Best wishes and good luck. And please don't be a stranger.

:tiphat:

Easy180
04-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the site Todd....Definitely a good thing for those of us in the metro

Kinda scared of who the new owner is :sofa:

writerranger
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Todd.....

What you have left for the new ownership is a high-quality site that shows it was built as a labor of love. We all hope you'll return now and then and say hello and participate in what you created.

Thank you for OKCTalk, Todd. I wish you and your family nothing but the best!

-writerranger-

------------------

Keith
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Todd,

It's really going to be weird not seeing you on here anymore, but your family is way more important than this site. I wish for you and Pam a very healthy baby, and wish you great success in whatever you do.

This forum has grown to be a great place for many people to come to and enjoy discussions. I appreciate the trust that you have had in me in being a moderator/administrator, and plan on doing my best in this role with Pete, the new owner.

Take care of yourself and your family, and thanks for creating such a great site. You will be missed.

Spartan
04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
This is a very odd, bizarre situation. But farewell Todd. I wish you the best of luck. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye on matters we usually kept to ourselves, but I have enjoyed your forum for the most part and will continue to support this forum as your legacy.

Good luck with your life. You were always somebody who was invested in the community and believed in the power of individualism and communications for the common man as I do, and that is commendable.

I hope you enjoy your new-found time for your kids, as well as your new child on the way, and that your wife enjoys some time off from work, as well.

Spartan

Doug Loudenback
04-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Todd, I KNOW that after the hiatus in your activity that you've carved out so that Malibu can have space to get established (which, by posts so far, is being handled seamlessly and very well) that you will return as an active participant.

I remember running across this site when googling for some images for my presently stale downtown map and "discovering" it for myself. I truly do enjoy this forum (certainly the few parts of it that I participate in) and it has done nothing but get better and better as time has gone on.

Thanks for all you have done, and good wishes for you and your family in all you will be doing. But, after you are satisfied that you have remained in the background for a long enough time, don't forget to COME ON DOWN! :sofa:

Thanks, Todd, for all you have done, and have done so very well.

Patrick
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
For historical purposes, I honestly believe this user account should remain active. Also, Todd, if you still really have an interest here, I think you should remain a member, and contribute from time to time as a member. I know Pete would appreciate that.

mranderson
04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
For historical purposes, I honestly believe this user account should remain active. Also, Todd, if you still really have an interest here, I think you should remain a member, and contribute from time to time as a member. I know Pete would appreciate that.

I agree. Or even if he wants to just be a member, I think that is good. Plus a title under his name either remaining "founder," or "administrator emeritis." He founded this board, that should be honored.:congrats:

This one is for you, Todd.:tiphat:

upisgr8
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Well Todd, I have to reflect and think of the activities I am involved in now and relationships that have developed and the connections they have with OKC Talk, WOW it is powerful.
We should develop a thread "How many degrees of Separation from OKC Talk" ala Kevin Bacon.:bright_id

Thanks for everything and I look forward to an ongoing friendship.:tiphat:
PCR

metro
04-09-2007, 11:10 AM
TODD, not to be cliche' but truly thanks for everything and starting this board. If it were not for this board, I wouldn't have my ear so OPEN to the progress of OKC nor as much enthusiasm to share my passion for OKC. Don't forget to create a new user name should you decide to delete yours!

okcpulse
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I wish you the best on your endeavor, Todd. All of us must and will always choose a new path on our journey, and almost all the time it means you have to let something go. Although I've lived in another state for more than a year, OKCTalk has always helped keep me close to home.

I've met some great people on this board, and I can only hope that OKCTalk continues to grow in a way that helps keep OKC strong at heart, and vigilant in our community as we continue to transform into a big league city.

floater
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks Todd, for giving us idealists a place and for expanding the audience of an Oklahoma City forum. Many more people are tuned to the city because of you.

HOT ROD
04-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Echo all that has been said, Thanks Todd for giving us OKCTalk.

It has been an INVALUABLE resource for those of us expats who love and care for our hometown, Oklahoma City, and its Renaissance.

I hope that you will continue to be a member and wish you the best in your future endeavours. You and this site has been a key reason for the rise in PRIDE that most folks now have on Oklahoma City and its future and the impact that community forums such as this great one have on civic development

- I think this is something that should be recognized in the local papers, Steve - can you write about OKCTalk and Todd?