View Full Version : Zen

metro
03-22-2007, 09:45 AM
My wife and I ate here after reading yesterday's Gazette review. I've been wanting to go for awhile now, but since we were already in Edmond, it made it convenient. I had the famous Pad Thai and my wife had egg drop soup since she wasn't feeling well. I must say, the quality of the food was excellent (think PF Changs) and that is a plus for me because I don't like mystery meat in my asian cooking. Price was very reasonable and the portions were very generous. The only thing bad I could say was that the Pad Thai wasn't very spicy at all (at least it didn't seem it to me). However I cleared that problem right up with some chinese hot sauce (hotter than usual by the way). My wife's egg drop soup was excellent as well. All in all including an average tip, we got out for only $10 bucks.

The atmosphere was very nice and cozy and the restrooms were very nice and clean and nicer than most and very Zen throughout the entire restaurant. I would love to have one of these downtown somewhere. I highly recommend this restaurant for cheap, but quality Asian fusion cuisine.

escan
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Is that at 33rd and Broadway? if so, it's owned by the brother of the guy who owns Grand House. I recognized several of the entrees and asked. He took the most popular GH entrees and brought them to Zen.

onemoreokie
03-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Zen is very tasty, I love the Pho and also the Kai-Lan in oyster sauces is delicious. Very fresh ingredients!!!

metro
03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
To clarify, yes it is at 33rd in Broadway in that new Broadway Exchange shopping center. It is owned by the brother and wife of the LADY who owns Grand House in the Asian District. Grand House is owned by his sister. I also tried posting the review from the newest Gazette but I couldn't find it on their website.

CMSturgeon
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I am pretty uneducated when it comes to asian cuisine. All I know is garlic chicken is yummy and egg drop soup feels weird in your mouth. If I'm a bit of a picky eater, what should I try? Oh, and I don't like sweet stuff.

Angelicfly
04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks like the Chinese tonite will be from Zen. Thanks for mentioning where its at! We're craving Chinese and we live in Edmond! :D

metro
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Please post your review Angelicfly.

onemoreokie
04-10-2007, 08:47 AM
For people who don't dig asian that much I tried the grilled chicken salad and it was excellent. Makes a great lunch. Freshly grilled chicken breast on mixed greens with a nice ginger based dressing.

Jack Wonder
04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
hmmm, I may have to try Zen this weekend?