View Full Version : Edmond Mayoral Election

jbrown84
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I know Wayne Pettigrew is running, as well as another guy. Is Saundra Naifeh not running for re-election?

pepper37
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I remember seeing that she was not seeking re-election and in researching, confirmed this through a Feb 8 article on NewsOK. There are 2 others running other than Rep. Pettigrew; Daniel O'Neill, former Neighborhood Alliance president and Dyke Hoppe, real estate atty.

John
02-10-2007, 05:56 PM
This is Petigrew's to lose.

jbrown84
02-12-2007, 09:25 AM
He certainly is the bigger name. I knew about him because he sent a fundraiser invitation to my parents because my sister is friends with his daughter so they are acquainted. My dad said he saw him at Around the Corner early in the morning recently greeting people and he remembered his first name despite them not knowing eachother that well.

His only problem is that many will remember him as the defecting Republican state senator that changed his vote and got us the Lottery. He didn't get re-elected because of it.

Tim
02-27-2007, 07:40 AM
I have to disagree with the idea that Mr Pettigrew can walk away with the mayoral race. Dan O'Neil has a sizeable fan base due to his long term involvement with the Edmond Neighborhood Alliance and recently his work on the Centennial Committee. Although Pettigrew has deeper pockets, O'Neil seems to have a stronger grass-roots popularity. Should be a fun race, and I sure hope it stays clean!