View Full Version : Town Center

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bombermwc
08-20-2007, 07:19 AM
YAYYY!!! I'll be able to go to Chic-Fil-A again without having to go in a stinking mall of hell.

soonerfaithful
09-08-2007, 11:28 AM
PetSmart has their sign on the building now. The building right next door also has their sign up and it's Hibbet Sports.
I hadn't noticed the last couple of days but they have the section in front of Lowe's marked off. It also looks like they've started leveling the land there.

Lauri101
09-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I noticed the new changes this mornig when I went to Target.

There are two more partly built structures just east of Hibbit Sports. No signs - wonder what they'll be?

Petsmart looks like it's nearing the finished stage. They have help wanted signs up, including for groomers and trainers.

My only complaint is lack of sidewalks! I only live a few blocks behinds Lowe's, but there just isn't a safe place to walk yet.

What's planned for front of Lowe's?

bombermwc
09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
So what's Hibbets like? Is that like Academy or more like Twids?

rugbybrado
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
So what's Hibbets like? Is that like Academy or more like Twids?

the hibbets in stillwater was like a very small sport goods store. (maybe it was because of its small location). they had things from weights, shoes, appearal, and other sporting goods type stuff.

ewoodard
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
What were the prices like at the Stillwater location? Just wondering if they were competitive with Academy.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
to be honest i dont remember, i went into the place years ago and got a cheap nike workout shirt and that was all.

but like i said earlier the stillwater location was very small and it was almost like a athletic shoe store with some clothing and a few other items - i have no idea about the new location.

traemac
09-12-2007, 01:35 PM
they are alot higher than academy

bombermwc
09-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Well screw that then. I'll drive to Academy.

bombermwc
11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone else notice all the new shops by Lowe's near Hibbits?

Or that Panda Express has a building now!

Lauri101
11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I love the way Town Center is shaping up!
Which building is Panda Express?

All we need is a grocery store - or Target to expand to produce and meats - and I'd never have to leave the 'hood.

PetSmart has become my favorite place to go weekly. With cheaper cat food than Wally World, and 4 hungry cats, it's a bargain. Plus, the adoptees are too cute.

bombermwc
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I believe Panda is the parcel in front of Lowe's just west of Chili's.

I also wish we would have gotten a Super Target and we really need to get a bookstore in there!!!

Lauri101
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I believe Panda is the parcel in front of Lowe's just west of Chili's.

I also wish we would have gotten a Super Target and we really need to get a bookstore in there!!!

Amen to both! Target has been slowly expanding in some food lines, but not enough to forgo that weekly trip to Mall-Wart. And although I don't mind getting books from Amazon, nothing beats being able to pick up a book and read the back or the first few pages.

On a funny note - I saw a woman who works at Pet Vet shopping at PetSmart today!

bombermwc
11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Well i know how that woman feels. I have the unpleasant history to have worked at K-Mart in MWC in my early college days....but you can be assured that shopped at Target!!!!

bombermwc
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Anyone know what the Mexican place is all about? Someone told me they thought it was like Moe's or Chipotle....is that true? It would be awesome if it was.

Lauri101
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
What? I missed a Mex restaurant? Which building is it?

We could use a good Mexican place!

CuatrodeMayo
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
You have Lupe's.

Lauri101
12-04-2007, 05:32 PM
You have Lupe's.

I haven't eaten there in years - my first and last experience at Lupe's left me unimpressed. Maybe I'll give them another try. It seemed a bit bland.

Millie
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
It is a Qdoba. Qdoba is already in the OKC market- there's one on Memorial.

It is similar to Moe's or Chipotle. It is owned by the Jack in the Box people.

Watson410
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah i've heard it's really good. They use to advertise on Sports Animal all the time.

CuatrodeMayo
12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
There is a Qdoba here in Stillwater right next to campus. Fantasic burritos.

soonerfaithful
12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
My daughter was so happy to see them putting up the Panda Express sign. I'm waiting for Chick fil a. Now a Mexican restaurant for my husband. We can walk to dinner then walk home to get rid of the calories we just ate.:dizzy:

Lauri101
12-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Same here - as soon as they get some sidewalks through there!

Since we live about 2 blocks behind Lowes, I'm hoping our property value will rise a bit. We were at Santa Fe last night and noticed how busy the whole Town Center area was with foot and auto traffic. The synergy is starting to work and I like it!

soonerfaithful
12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Chick-Fil-A
Grand Opening : Thursday, January 17th 2008

FREE CHICK-FIL-A FOR A YEAR!
On Thursday, January 10th, the first 100 people in line at the new Chick-fil-A at Midwest City will share over $25,000 worth of FREE Chick-fil-A Combo Meals! Must be 18-years-old and present to win. PHOTO ID REQUIRED. The line can begin forming at any time as early as 24 hours prior to the Grand Opening. See additional rules below.

*Must be 18-years-old and present to win. PHOTO ID REQUIRED. The line can begin forming at any time as early as 24 hours prior to the Grand Opening. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The First 100 Grand Opening Promotion was created to reward the first 100 qualified participants in line at the Grand Opening of a new Chick-fil-A® restaurant. These 100 people will each receive a Grand Prize of one #1 Chick-fil-A Combo Meal (Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, Waffle Potato FriesTM and drink) per week for a year (equating to 52 total meals). The line can begin forming at any time as early as 24 hours prior to the Grand Opening. The 100 Grand Prizes are awarded at the designated time for the opening of the store on Grand Opening day. This time may vary by location. To be a qualified participant, one must be one of the first 100 people in line who is 18 years of age or older, and has stayed in line until the Grand Opening of the store (short restroom breaks excepted). Any one under the age of 18 is not eligible to win, however, if they would like to stay on the Chick-fil-A property prior to the opening of the store, they must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian. Participants are not allowed to leave the Chick-fil-A premises including retrieving items from personal vehicles. Random line checks will occur until the opening of the store. If a participant is not in line and does not answer the roll call, they will be automatically disqualified. No purchase is necessary. Chick-fil-A employees and their immediate family members may not participate. No alcohol or drugs will be allowed. No animals or pets of any kind (other then disabled assistance animals) will be allowed on Chick-fil-A property. Any one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified and removed from the premises. In addition, participants may be removed from the premises for loud or inappropriate behavior. Additional prizes may be randomly raffled to be won by any qualified participant. First 100 coupons may not be sold or exchanged for consideration of any kind.

greenthegroovy1
12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Actually RSC is offering four year degrees in partnership with 2 4 year universities that i know of .. UCO and OSU-OKMULGEE - I'm in the OSU program right now ..

I will say this .. they need to freshen up the campus look. my mother went there in the 80's .. i went in the mid 90's .. it needs work to really look like a 4 yr institution.

bombermwc
12-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Um how does Rose have anything to do with Town Center?

cowzrul
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Chick-Fil-A
Grand Opening : Thursday, January 17th 2008

We are hoping the weather doesn't delay the Jan 17th Grand Opening. First 100 is an awesome deal. Can't beat FREE!

masonsmomma
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Anyone heard about the date for when Panda Express is opening?

soonerfaithful
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Did anyone go by the new Chick fil a today? There was about 15 tents set up this afternoon in the rain. My daughter said there was about 5 tents set up when she went to work at 6 this morning.

Watson410
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
No.. I assume they're getting ready for their grand opening tomorrow. I'm just guessing though I don't know for sure.

soonerfaithful
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
No.. I assume they're getting ready for their grand opening tomorrow. I'm just guessing though I don't know for sure.

From Newsok

MIDWEST CITY — Midwest City’s first stand-alone Chick-fil-A restaurant will open Thursday with its First 100 Fans promotion, which awards 52 combo meal gift certificates to the first 100 adults in line.

The free combo meals equal $26,000 worth of free food.

Chick-fil-A will give away prizes between 6 and 6:30 a.m. at the restaurant, 7331 SE 29, 7331 29 St. SE, followed by its official opening.

Patrons Adults must be 18 years of age or older.

cowzrul
01-20-2008, 09:07 PM
We had 110 campers that night. Wow! They were brave and deserved every one of those combo meals.

soonerfaithful
01-23-2008, 07:26 PM
We had 110 campers that night. Wow! They were brave and deserved every one of those combo meals.

They really did deserve those meals. That was a really nasty night.

bombermwc
01-30-2008, 07:14 AM
So incae you didn't notice, Panda Express IS open now. I saw the big "now open" sign when I drove by this past weekend.

Still crossing my fingers on a good bookstore.

masonsmomma
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I ate there the other day, it was pretty good. I like things a little less spicy, but really loved my fried rice! I'm hoping to try Qdoba pretty soon.

bombermwc
02-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I went to Qdoba not too long ago. I didn't like it quite as much as I did Chipotle, but it's not bad. They overload on the rice...so watch out for that. I might would hold off a few weeks to let them finish settling down in how to get things done. The guacamole looked nasty....it was about as far from bright green as you can get. Which was the biggest dissapoint ment because it's amazing at Chiptole so I wanted something like that.

There was an annoying manager walking around talking to people the whole time about it they were enjoying their meal. It wouldnt have been bad the first time, but the 3rd and 4th time was pretty annoying. They were just really excited to be open.

ewoodard
02-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Has anybody tried the Panda Express, my wife and I are interested in how good it is.

bombermwc
02-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I've been to them in other cities. It's just like the other Mall Asian food places. If you've been to one, you've been to them all. They all overcharge, but are fast. It's basically drive through buffet.

usmbubba
02-12-2008, 08:20 PM
My daughter and I went the other night, I had the orange chicken and sweet and sour pork. The chicken was so so, but the pork was TERRIBLE. She loves Chinese food and the only part of her meal, she could stand was the broccoli. And it wasn't cheap either, We'll just stick with Mandarin Garden

Redskin 70
02-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I must say I went to the Qdoba the other day and un impressed was an understatement.
Dont waste your time and money when there are so many better Mex places so close in.

Oh and Hi Sister Laurie:sofa:

Lauri101
02-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, I must say I went to the Qdoba the other day and un impressed was an understatement.
Dont waste your time and money when there are so many better Mex places so close in.

Oh and Hi Sister Laurie:sofa:

OK, I give - do I have a long-lost sibling?
Welcome to the board!

:welcome5:

masonsmomma
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Has anyone heard about new stores coming to the plaza? I noticed that Ulta is hiring for people off of careerbuilder.com. Maybe i'm blind but I have not seen the spot for this. Anyone have a clue?

Redskin 70
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
OK, I give - do I have a long-lost sibling?
Welcome to the board!

:welcome5:

Hum??????SUVCW/DUVCW?????

If not my apologies for the mistake.:tiphat:

Lauri101
02-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Hum??????SUVCW/DUVCW?????

If not my apologies for the mistake.:tiphat:

If you mean Daughters/Descendents of Union Veteran's of Civil War - nope, wrong Lauri - although I am one, not a member of the organization!

I am a:

PAM/BSM!

amandagall5
02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Has anyone heard about new stores coming to the plaza? I noticed that Ulta is hiring for people off of careerbuilder.com. Maybe i'm blind but I have not seen the spot for this. Anyone have a clue?

The Ulta store is along the back near Catherines and Lane Bryant, there is also a new shoe store opposite. Neither are open yet.

bombermwc
02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Anyone else think the food place (can't remember the name) is about the most idiotic thing ever? It's back near Pets Mart.

They provide you with everything chopped up and ready to cook. Mind you that you still have to cook it, but they chop the veggies/meat up and then you cook it. What kind of serious lazy ass do you have to be to want to spend $20 to have someone chop your onions for you? And have you not heard of the $2 bag of frozen chopped onions at the grocery store? Seriously, this place won't last.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Anyone else think the food place (can't remember the name) is about the most idiotic thing ever? It's back near Pets Mart.

They provide you with everything chopped up and ready to cook. Mind you that you still have to cook it, but they chop the veggies/meat up and then you cook it. What kind of serious lazy ass do you have to be to want to spend $20 to have someone chop your onions for you? And have you not heard of the $2 bag of frozen chopped onions at the grocery store? Seriously, this place won't last.

It's working great in the pizza world.

Lauri101
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM

I agree! If I have to cook anyway, I may as well chop.

I don't think I've ever seen a customer in the store when I've been around.
Hmmm...maybe it's a tax write-off? :bright_id

usmbubba
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
It's working great in the pizza world.
Didn't work too great for Grandpa Labanis

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Didn't work too great for Grandpa Labanis

PapaMurphys (http://www.papamurphys.com/)

Karried
02-20-2008, 07:53 AM
I absolutely love Papa Murphys... Chicken Garlic with White Sauce... wish there were more closer to where I live.

bombermwc
02-20-2008, 08:03 AM
But the pizzas are already put together. You pick it up and bake it at home...no fuss no muss. Even though the Granpa Lam whatever place in MWC closed, it's not a horrible idea.

But the difference in the place I'm talking about is that you still have to mix is all up, prepare the food, and then cook it. At least the pizza you just pop in the oven.

Drake
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
The place is similar to a Pass Your Plate or one of the other numerous franchises. There is monthly menu that use choose from and you buy (it can vary) say a weeks worth of meals that are pretty much fully prepared just have to be cooked. It is geared towards people with a busy life (saves grocery shopping & food prep time or people that can't cook)

It is not for everybody, but these services have become very popular for a reason.

bombermwc
02-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Cause people are fat and lazy...and getting even more fat and lazy.

MikeLucky
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Cause people are fat and lazy...and getting even more fat and lazy.

acutally not a good generalization for this service..... Many people don't really know how to cook but want to make more healthy, home-cooked meals for their family. So they can go there and not only have the recipe but also have help if they need it. They can make enough food for a week or two and have them prepared to be cooked at their own home. Plus, it allows them to adjust the amount of things like salt or sugar, etc. in the recipes so that they can even accommodate any special need diets for diabetics or hypertension and whatnot. It also allows them to make some dishes they wouldn't be able to on their own that are more healthy or more diverse.

It's good also for people that are single and have a hard time cooking for one at home. You can make different dishes and have them packaged for meals for one.

Just because you would not personally use this service doesn't mean anybody who does is fat and lazy, quite the contrary.... it's more fat and lazy to just go out and eat.....

Jesseda
02-21-2008, 10:27 AM
everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself :congrats: you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling

MikeLucky
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself :congrats: you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling

you are throwing around this $20 price..... I know at Pass Your Plate you can make meals for about $3 a serving. It's hard to meet that price doing it yourself. And many people wouldn't make things like Chicken Roulades, Baked Swiss Steak, Asian Pork Chops, and Roasted Chicken Chimichangas, just to name a few. By the time you buy all the things you need for that you run up your costs, but since they buy in bulk and you only use what you need it's actually cheaper in the long run in some cases.

Not to mention that I know exactly what my time is worth. So I could easily justify and make up the extra cost (if any) by utilizing my time better than prepping dinner and then cleaning up the kitchen every night. That doesn't make me lazy, it makes me smart and possibly more fiscally responsible than the alternative..... Or allows me an extra 2 hours of quality time a day with my family. What is that worth? But everybody's situation is different. It certainly doesn't make someone lazy just because they use this service, and sometimes it means they are doing something smarter and less expensive.

As a side note, I do not use this service.... but to say that it symbolizes laziness and obesity is completely false.

bombermwc
02-22-2008, 11:02 AM
AMEN there.

Like I said, you can get things chopped up alrady at the grocery store.

You wouldn't have seen something like this 10 years ago. There isn't anything there that you can't already get at the grocery store. Crap, they even give you the recipes at the store. And you can make it for FAR less than what these guys charge.

Drake
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
So you wouldn't have seen anything like this all the way back in 1998? LOL. Yes, those were the good old days when everybody prepared their own meals.

I don't understand why some people get offended because some people want to use or leadt try a service?

We have used in the past and found the meals to be good. We don't use it much but occaasionally find it to be a good alternative. FYI, we are both healthy people that own two business with two small kids. Sometimes we just don't feel like going to the store and chopping up our own food.

I think most people are more than capable looking at something and deciding if it works for them or not without having an internet poster telling they are stupid and/or fat and lazy.

Luke
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM
And all you rippin' on half-prepared food never eat even more expensive fast food?

Heh