View Full Version : Melting Pot

metro
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I finally get around to post this. My fiance' and I ate their the night they opened a week or so ago. Unfortunately, it was during our "ice storm" and a Wednesday night so Bricktown was slower than normal. The place was a little less than half full when we got there (almost 9pm). Looks like they had a larger group in their private room and a few couples and groups at some tables and booths. Since we arrived a little later, we just got a snack rather than a full meal. The atmosphere is nice and almost too formal for a fondue place IMO. I'd rather of seen it a little more cozier and loungy feeling. Don't get me wrong it was nice, sort of like Mickey Mantles. We ordered the house special on the cheese fondue, Parmesano Formaggio (sp?) at about $15 pot. I forget all the ingredients but it had white wine, worchtershire, 4 kinds of cheese, and a few other things. It was served with 3 types of bread cubes, veggies, and fruit. All in all the portion was about average, could have been slightly bigger (serves 2 max). My fiance' also ordered a chef salad. It was good but not the best we've ever had either. Price is reasonable $5. All the fondue is prepared nicely at your table on a burner.

Taste was good, about a 7 out of 10. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and informed, polite, respectful, etc. Very rare for young waiters/waitresses in Bricktown, I'd give them a 9.5 or so. Very very extensive wine selection (about 200+) and very knowledgeable of their wines. The menu features main course fondues, cheese fondues, and of course, dessert fondues. It can get pricey fast. A glass of wine starts at about $7 with most more than that. All in all we got out of there for cheese fondue, a salad, tax and tip for about $30 bucks. Definitely not the place for Rachel Ray to go on $40 a day, but its a nice place for a fun evening! They also have 4 course meals starting at $79 a couple on up. Individual meals start at around $20 on up. It's definitely a must do experience but I think small groups either a couple or a group of 4 would be best in this setting. I hope this place stays around. It will definitely project a higher standard for OKC to convention visitors, NBA teams, etc.

Easy180
01-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Wife went last night and said it was excellent as usual...She said the service was slow, but I'm sure that's just the newness coming into play still

Biggest difference she could tell from the Jenks location is the bricktown seating areas aren't quite as enclosed and intimate...Even though any meal finished off with chocolate fondue automatically scores points with the ladies!

Tip....If you are a mushroom fan you must try the mushroom salad...Great stuff

BailJumper
01-27-2007, 01:36 PM
We are going to try it tonite before the Hornets game. We like to either share a meal (at places with large protions) or order two different meals and split them up.

What on the menu would you guys suggest?

metro
01-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Salads are good. I wasn't too impressed with the Quattro Formaggio (not Parmesaigno Formaggio like I described above) cheese fondue. It was okay but a little to wine tasting for me. I didn't have any meat with a sauce fondue but they looked and smelled amazing. The bread and the apples are really good dippers in the cheese fondue though!

Easy180
01-27-2007, 02:50 PM
We usually do the big night out which is cheese fondue, salad, meats and then chocolate, but it is a lot of food...You can just get steak chicken and shrimp for two as well

We liked the court bouillon (think that's it) for the steak, chicken and shrimp...Wisconsin cheese trio is very good and the yin and yang chocolate which has dark and white chocolate mixed in

Make sure and leave plenty of time for dinner bailjumper

jbrown84
08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I went last night for my sister's birthday. We were there for 3 and a half hours. We did the Big Night Out (x2) and it was a lot of fun. The waiter was fun and talented, but seemed to be having trouble keeping up with it all. The waiters there have to prepare everything. Back in the kitchen they put it all together on plates and platters themselves, then they do all the cooking in front of you (much like a japanese steakhouse). He was doing a great job trying to keep up, and obviously had several tables. It was a little frustrating how long it took at times, but I fault their system of not having someone else in the kitchen preparing the ingredients on the platters, as well as an assistant to do the busing. The food was great. We had Fiesta Cheese and Spinach Artichoke Cheese, and then salads, meats w/ Coq a Vin sauce and a citrus Caribbean sauce, and then the yin & yang Chocolate and the Dark Chocolate Raspberry. mmmm

Definitely recommended but not when you have anywhere else to be that night--and when you have the budget for $100+ (or aren't paying).

jdsplaypin
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM
They did the cooking for you? In Tulsa, we had to cook our own meats & fish.

jbrown84
08-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Well not that part, but he prepares the sauces in front of you.

Jesseda
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
My family and friends went to the melting pot in bricktown and we disliked almost everything, it is nothing like the melting pot in san diego, the staff in the bricktown melting pot was very unorganized and unclean looking, they said words like hey bro and when i asked for a suggestion on the big night out, they used the words like (oh thats Wicked man). To me when you eat at a establishment like the melting pot, the workers and the managers need to have some standards, the food took way to long for it being almost empty, the staff was busy playing hacky sak in the entry way to even refill our drinks. So the melting pot is a good place to eat, just not in okc unless they completely get a new staff..

Midtowner
09-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow.. thanks for the tip.

rugbybrado
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
My family and friends went to the melting pot in bricktown and we disliked almost everything, it is nothing like the melting pot in san diego, the staff in the bricktown melting pot was very unorganized and unclean looking, they said words like hey bro and when i asked for a suggestion on the big night out, they used the words like (oh thats Wicked man). To me when you eat at a establishment like the melting pot, the workers and the managers need to have some standards, the food took way to long for it being almost empty, the staff was busy playing hacky sak in the entry way to even refill our drinks. So the melting pot is a good place to eat, just not in okc unless they completely get a new staff..

You might write a email to the restraunt and maybe a link to this thread. We dont want to see a potentially 'good ' restraunt go out of business just because some of the staff is unprofessional idiots.

jbrown84
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I did not have that experience.

Dark Jedi
09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I took the family there Friday, as we enjoyed it tremendously in Colorado.

Service was very good. The initial waiter was a noob, but his trainer filled in all the gaps and ensured we had no lapse in service. Food was terrific as always, and expensive as always.

This place is a well kept secret, you single folks. If you really want to impress on a first date, take em here. Have fun, chat, and enjoy, that's what it's all about.

Garin
04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm being dragged to the melting pot tonight:(

Chadanth
04-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm being dragged to the melting pot tonight:(

It's ok. I keep promising my wife I will take her, and I have ducked it thus far. We all have to pay our dues.