View Full Version : Shields BLVD

CMSturgeon
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
My husband and I constantly argue about Shields Blvd. I actually work on Shields and w/ the 'niceness' of the street its self, I can't believe it hasn't been developed more recently. My husband argues that it's always been a mobile home/car lot wonder land and it will never change. But I think if we run out the crappy places and rebuild Shields would be a great entrance into our community.

NE Oasis
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=CMSturgeon;82563] My husband argues that it's always been a mobile home/car lot wonder land and it will never change. QUOTE]

Remind Mr Sturgeon that when it started as mobile homes, etc the SE89th/Shields neighborhood was "way out in the sticks". Now all it does is make OKC look trashy when you enter from the south! Shields is already plenty wide, lets run the mobile home folks out to Weatherford or Stroud and make Shields pretty.

okclee
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I have always thought that something needs to be done about Shields Blvd.

If the city of Okc and Moore would get together to change the ordinances of the streetscape of each business, that would help to make things better. They could also try to entice other developments along Shields to do the same.

Either shape up or ship out.

CMSturgeon
01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the businesses here now don't even HAVE to leave, they just need to maintain their damn property. I am tired of driving by dilapidated buildings that look like they're falling apart and it's still an open business. I think we need to maintain the landscaping, add some restaurants (at least one fast food, i get hungry over here at work!). It already has a golf course, that's a great way to start of nice development.

chrisok
01-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Most (not all) of the dilapidated buildings are in Oklahoma City. Basically because Moore doesn't start until halfway between 89th (OKC) and 27th (Moore) streets. Once you get into Moore it's pretty much used car lots. Of course, some of them could use some "maintenance" as well.