View Full Version : is lurking on okctalk acceptable?

kk19115
01-17-2007, 02:39 AM
i haven't posted on the forums in a few weeks due to being pretty busy and whatnot but i ran into a message that made me wonder... how long can someone be inactive before their account is deleted?

"Hello kk19115 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

bandnerd
01-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't know the answer but if you look at the members list you will see a lot of inactive people...

If you don't want to/can't post for awhile, then it shouldn't be anyone's business but your own.

NE Oasis
01-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Blame it on the holiday's, (or blame one me) but there was a recent 3 or 4 week period when I didn't see any threads that really interested or involved me.
I received no nasty e-mails from Founder or Moderators, nor is there any mention of lurking in the dreaded TOS.
Lurk away!!!!!

Karried
01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Whoa! No one is sending anyone 'nasty' emails at all!

It is an automated response sent to encourage our members to come visit, that's it .. as far as I know, no accounts get cancelled.

Lurk all you want.. we love to have all members contribute and feel welcome to join in and post - that is all.

Spartan
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I believe that with vB there is an option to purge accounts that have not made a post in the last year. I would recommend it, it's great for saving bandwidth.