View Full Version : Blu Fine Wine & Tapas Bar

metro
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Anyone catch the JR article about this new place in downtown Norman? Restauranteur Jack Hooper returned to the site of his original venture at 201 S. Crawford. It used to be the Red Parrot Cafe. He also had and still has (smaller) stake in the Coach's local chain. The restaurant looks really nice and features an extensive tapas menu. All items (except alcohol) are under $10. They have over 60varieties of wine and feature two of their own label that is produced in Napa Valley. If someone has the JR article they can post that would be great!. Now no one can say there isn't a true tapas bar in the metro.

BG918
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I'll try it this next week. I used to really enjoy Tony Marbell's cantina but this looks really good. Maybe a successful restaurant right there can help out that area of downtown as there isn't much around there now. Main Street seems to attract all the new downtown development so this is good to see.

BG918
01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
I went to Blu last Friday and was very impressed! It's more of a bar/lounge with tapas-like appetizers and entrees. Good for enjoying a few cocktails or glasses of wine and a light dinner. They will need to expand their menu though or change it frequently as it's quite small. If this was located further west on Main Street or in Campus Corner they could get away with being more of a bar but where it is among offices and parking lots it will have to be more of a "destination" restaurant, which I think it can be. That part of downtown really needs some work, maybe the new library can be built there across from the courthouse?

dismayed
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey where exactly on Main is this place?

BG918
01-23-2007, 09:40 AM
It's not on Main, it's a block south on Crawford. A brick building with blue neon lighting at the corner of Comanche and Crawford.