View Full Version : Impressive growth in the West Metro

JOHNINSOKC
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Even though I don't live in this area, I am familiar with the rapid development of the Yukon/Mustang area. It's amazing how much eastern Canadian county has grown during the past ten years. I remember living in Lubbock, TX during the 90's and every time I came back home to visit OKC, there was something new to see every time. During the past 5 years, it has just blossomed into a major growth area. It will be interesting to see if these two suburbs become the next Moore/Norman.

AFCM
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I think Mustang, my hometown, will slow down simply because the city is running out of land to develop. The area between Mustang and Yukon, which is actually OKC, is growing fast and is a hot spot for new development. I think the relocation of 152 will also help the growth near Mustang.

As it stands, Mustang is just too far from the urban center of OKC. They really need to develop the land near Will Rogers.

MadMonk
01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Mustang is a nice place to live. It's like a "young Edmond" (meaning back when there was little traffic and houses were not built practically on top of one another). If I ever decide to move, Mustang will certainly be considered closely (as it did last time). Hopefully, with land beginning to run out, that won't change.

AFCM
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I love Mustang; it is a very charming place. The only thing I dislike about Mustang is it's distance to the urban core of OKC. The drive is so long, but Mustang is an excellent place to raise a family and retire.

The HS was getting crowded when I graduated and I don't think the city is going to do anything for a while. Before I left, Mustang was building a ninth grade center but I don't know how much it is going to help with such a dramatic rise in population.

I'm actually looking at buying some land in Mustang but I haven't found anything reasonable. Like I mentioned before, Mustang is running out of land and fast.

Spartan
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
You do realize that school districts are responsible for high school upkeep, not cities, right?