View Full Version : Honeybee Dies

Karried
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
What a tragic, tragic story so close to the holidays.. a true shame.

19-year-old dancer dies in wreck

By Brian Sargent
Staff Writer

A 19-year-old member of the Hornets' dance team, the Honeybees, died Thursday in a two-vehicle collision in northwest Oklahoma City, family members confirmed.

About 6 p.m., Brittanie Montgomery was driving eastbound on Northwest Expressway near Mustang Road, lost control, overcorrected, crossed the median and collided with a westbound vehicle, police said.
The driver of the westbound vehicle was taken to an area hospital, police said. The person's name and condition weren't known Friday afternoon.
Hornets owner George Shinn and his wife, Denise, issued a statement through team personnel: "We are profoundly saddened by this tragedy, and on behalf of the entire organization offer our deepest condolences to her family. Our hearts go out to them as all of us cope with this enormous loss.”
Montgomery was a new member of the Honeybees, winning a spot on the dance team this season.
Montgomery lived with her aunt in Piedmont and was a sophomore at the University of Central Oklahoma. The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Easy180
12-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I saw that story karried....Very cute girl...I just wonder how she lost control of her vehicle at 6 PM at night...Definitely a sad story

Keith
12-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I first saw the story last night on the 10 PM news. I know it had to be hard for her fellow honeybee friends to cheer during the Hornets game, but it was nice that they had a moment of silence for her at the game.

It's always hard to lose someone you love, but it is especially hard when it happens around the holidays.