View Full Version : OKC On TV

Kerry
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
I was just watching some tv after getting home from work and a Ford Fusion commercial came on TV. It was fimed in OKC and had several nice shots of downtown. Does anyone know of other national commercials filmed in OKC?

zuluwarrior0760
11-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Not a commercial, but it shows the OKC Skyline nicely
1991 Movie, Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep...
was actually a very good movie.......about where you go after you
die, a place called Judgment City where you review several days
of your life and then are either sent on, reincarnated (sent back) or
thrown away.....apparently Judgment City is actually, OKLAHOMA CITY......

see this thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/3609-okc-skyline-movie-defending-your-life.html?highlight=defending+life

_____

writerranger
11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I was surprised not too long ago to see a movie (Sam and Janet) that was actually set - and filmed - in Oklahoma City. There are some nice skyline shots during the opening credits and the Bricktown Brewery played a prominent role. It was directed by Rick Walker from the KATT. It was an okay film and fun to see a movie set in OKC.
http://writerranger.zoto.com/img/45/e188c10ddcf019852a069988678db218-.jpg

--------------------

Spartan
11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
How 'bout that episode on King of the Hill where Snoop Dogg played "Oklahoma City Pimp Alabaster Jones"?

bandnerd
11-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I love that episode! The "pimp" music they always played when the pimp guy showed up was so retro.

CuatrodeMayo
11-30-2006, 09:46 PM
The "OKC"!

That is a cool episode!

Spartan
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
//oops

BDP
12-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure if that spot is national. They often film regionally specific commercials, especially domestic car companies. I'm not saying it isn't a national spot. it could have been done by an OKC firm, but I'd be surprised if it was running outside of the region.

metro
12-01-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, typically car commercials are local or regional, not national

stlokc
12-01-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure if that spot is national. They often film regionally specific commercials, especially domestic car companies. I'm not saying it isn't a national spot. it could have been done by an OKC firm, but I'd be surprised if it was running outside of the region.
The Ford commercial is being shown in St. Louis.

Kerry
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I live in Florida and it is playing here.

HOT ROD
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM

It's national! :congrats:

You all need to have a little more confidence in your city!!! Its playing in Seattle on CBS and FOX networks (that I've seen).

I saw the commercial "Ford Fusion" with downtown OKC's skyline today after returning to the USA from Japan while watching football. The commercial and OKC's skyline were EXCELLENT!!!

I just about fell out of my easy chair - I was so happy! Im glad to know you all already have seen the commercial (I thought I was gonna be the first to post this).

Continue the Renaissance! :congrats:

jbrown84
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
I haven't seen this, and I work in advertising!

HOT ROD
12-03-2006, 05:07 PM
could somebody with tiVO get the commercial and post it on U-tube? I think it would be worth showing off to the world - that OKC does have a urban downtown skyline.