View Full Version : Signature

mranderson
10-27-2004, 04:50 PM
What happened to the signatures?

Patrick
10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Hey mranderson,

The signatures, ability to change your existing avatar, etc. are now benefits of becoming a sponsor. This was done, not really to hurt the current registered users or because Todd is begging for money or anything, but just to encourage people that are truly committed to this board to make an investment to this site. Such an investment gives a sense of ownership and leadership on the forum.

I must remind everyone...it isn't like it costs that much to become a sponsor. A Bronze Sponsorship, the lowest on the list, is only $22 a year....that's less than $2 a month...well worth it in my opinion. You could probably find that money walking the streets of downtown for a day and picking up loose change! Or maybe just take your lunch to work one day instead of going out somewhere.....one time of missing a lunch outing at work would more than pay your sponsorship.

If you want to contribute, you can pay by either credit card or Paypal. If you want to pay by check, send me a PM....you can send the check to me, payable to Todd, and I'll make sure to forward it to him. Send me a PM and I'll give you mailing address details.

By the way, this is still, and probably always will be, a free forum. You can still post and reply to threads. Avatars, Signatures, etc. are just some of the perks of becoming a sponsor. The complete list of perks is listed by clicking on the "Become a OKCTalk.com Sponsor" link at the top of the Forum Index Page...it's the red link. By the way, for those of you that can give more, it's definitely appreciated. Todd is more than willing to pay for this site, but we indeed are the users and if we really appreciate it, in my opinion we should help by contributing financially, if we are able.

This site is such a valuable asset to our city. We have city leaders like Mayor Cornett, a former member of the MAPS Oversight Board, and a few other city leaders that view this board on a regular basis. In addition, Steve Lackmeyer, reporter for the Oklahoman that covers city hall views this site from time to time. Also, we have downtownguy, a guy in the top ranks of our city that's definitely in the know.

Todd
10-28-2004, 08:27 AM
There are several FREE offers for Sponsor Upgrades. A few of them won't cost you a dime.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=827