View Full Version : KSBI launches newscast

mranderson
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
KSBI (Channel 52, cable 9) today launched a daily newscast which will air monday thru friday at 5:30 PM.

Although it is obvious the anchors and the reporters have little or no experience, it is not a bad format. It is rapid fire with very little clowning around or patter. Of course, since buying his own television station is the only Brady Brus could keep reporting weather, he is the meterologist on the newscast.

If you have watched it, what is your opinion about the format and the rapid fire of it? If not, I urge you to watch. Personally, I think it has the potential to compete with the other four stations. My:tiphat: is off to Brady and Brenda for developing an alternative that actually could beat the competition.

:ou

drumsncode
10-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks for pointing this out, I would never have known about it otherwise.

I just hope the "spillover effect" doesn't affect my ability to watch KOCO at 6pm! ;-)

drumsncode
10-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I watched tonight. Not too bad. I'll give them time to grow on me. I was so busy just looking around at the newscast I really didn't pay much attention to the stories. They do seem to have the dual female anchor thing figured out, which I guess is going to be the wave of future?

If I was a male anchor in local news today, I would be getting a little nervous. It looks to me like women rule in anything where presentation counts. I didn't see any male reporters either, but I was a little distracted.