View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

Easy180
10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
I see Bill's Fish House has joined Barry's Chicken Ranch in the cursed location on Indian Hills Road...It never got off the ground as far as I saw...Bad location for lunch as no businesses around so it will be difficult to find a lunch and dinner establishment to be successful there

RIP Bill's...The catfish was pretty good there

Martin
10-03-2006, 03:12 PM
i'm not surprised... definitely a bad location. i always felt bill's served up fried frozen food. other than their catfish, their seafood just didn't seem freshly prepared to me. -M

John
10-03-2006, 04:49 PM
The smell of that area doesn't help.

Spartan
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
It's a bad location, granted. But it will be a great location. If you get a glimpse of the country on the other side of those woods, it's a home building blitz. Once the new Southmoore High School (a name I despise) is open there would be a lunch crowd.

Easy180
12-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Looks like they finally gave up on that spot being able to sustain a restaurant...Hope it's a nice dealership and not another Bad Credit Autos type

RESTAURANT
Old Switzer spot to be dealership

NORMAN — A family investment group paid $760,000 Wednesday for the former Barry's Chicken Ranch, the erstwhile flagship of Barry Switzer's fledgling chain of restaurants, which closed in 2003, with plans to open a car dealership.
DK LLC bought the 4,000-square-foot building on 5.5 acres at 6301 N Interstate Drive adjacent to Indian Hills Steakhouse, spokesman Rudy Khouri said.

Oklahoma City auctioneer Louis Dakil will auction the contents and fixtures of the building at 10 a.m. Jan. 4. The building most recently housed a catfish restaurant.

He said it would take a couple of months to develop plans for the dealership.

BailJumper
12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Excellent! Just what I-35 needs - another car dealer ship! Yeehaaaa

JOHNINSOKC
01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Exactly what we need!!! Another mile of cars in North Norman.:) It seems like a waste to put in a car dealership on land that has never been developed before. Just look at the new Bob Moore Nissan @ Tecumseh Road and I-35. I think this area of the Interstate needs to be more upscale, kind of like what they are doing in Edmond right now between Covell and 2nd Street.

johnnyboyokc
01-15-2007, 02:26 AM
with barry trying to copy eschiens you have to serve alcohol

Karried
01-15-2007, 09:16 AM
You're right about that...if it weren't for the beer, there is no way I would wait over 2 hours for fried chicken, white bread and pickles.. no way.

Even though it is pretty good, the whole experience having drinks with friends while waiting makes it more worth it. That's the fun part.

CMSturgeon
01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I can't believe they plan to put a dealership there. They're also about to build a Bob Moore Ford at 89th & I-35 across from Valero. It's good to have both entry and exit points to your city marked by new dealerships on ugly land.

rugbybrado
06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I see Bill's Fish House has joined Barry's Chicken Ranch in the cursed location on Indian Hills Road...It never got off the ground as far as I saw...Bad location for lunch as no businesses around so it will be difficult to find a lunch and dinner establishment to be successful there

RIP Bill's...The catfish was pretty good there

I know this is a old thread -

But whats the hold up, its late june 2007 and the restraunt still is there next to the long lasting indian hills steak place ?

MrZ
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I drove by the other day on the frontage road and saw the doors of the building wide open and several contractor trucks parked there. Looked like there was scaffolding inside or maybe it was being gutted. Was hard to tell in the few seconds I could see in.

Easy180
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like the dealership also bought out Indian Hills restaurant (Or just a huge coincidence) as the last two Friday nights I have driven by and not one car seen around 7 or 8 PM...Not even an employee vehicle

Guessing it will be a pretty decent sized dealership site

Kinda hate to see that go as when I was younger my dad used to hold his business Christmas parties there...Was a solid restaurant

MrZ
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh man, that would stink if Indian Hills restaurant is closed. I've been going there with my family since the late 80's.

Easy180
08-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Not so exciting news....The old Barry's Chicken ranch has a sign for DK Autos

Was hoping for a new car dealership, but I guess that isn't exactly a great location for a nicer one

Also saw they are cleaning out Indian Hills Restaurant....Does anyone know what's up on that?...Haven't heard of it being officially closed, but it's been down for a couple of months now